PDA

View Full Version : A Fond Farewell To Carly

Kathryn Wilson
09-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Best Wishes to Carly! :wave:

Some of you may have noticed that Carly has not been around the forums and that her name and avatar has been removed from the Moderator board.

Carly has been volunteering in the disaster relief area and has decided that she needs to devote more of her time there. She also has decided to spend more time with family and that we can all understand.

Carly has given much to this forum and WC over the last 6 years and now it is time for us to let her take some time away from WC. She is taking time away as a moderator but will come back on line to visit when she can as a regular member and say hi to all of us.

All our best wishes for a meaningful, personal time away from WC. We look forward to her return as a regular member and a big “thank you” for all her hard work as a Moderator and her devotion to Wet Canvas.

Kat, Kate Green, dee_artist, pford
Staff Members for the Pastel Forums

meowmeow
09-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Oh my! Carly certainly has contributed so much to this forum and to WC as a whole over the years.
I am sorry to see that she won't be here as much, but I can't say that what she is moving on to is a bad thing...being able to help with disaster relief is really worthwhile and spending time with family is on my list too.
Carly, good luck...come by and visit and keep on painting!

Sandy

Khadres
09-14-2005, 03:08 PM
My best wishes to Carly! She's been such a wonderful moderator for our forum, full of energy and enthusiasm and always helpful; she'll surely be missed. I hope her new endeavors turn out well and that she stops by to visit now and then when she has time! Bye, Carly! :wave: :crying: :wave:

CM Neidhofer
09-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Best wishes to you, Carly. :) :wave:

Christine

Karen Margulis
09-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Carly,
Thank you for all of your work and help here at wc. You will be missed! Best of luck to you and hope to see more of you in person this year!
Karen

K Taylor-Green
09-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Well, I just can't imagine our Forum with out her, but understand the decision she has made.
Carly, We will all miss you. Hope to see your smiling face soon!

Trilby
09-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Carly's energy and devotion will be well used in the disaster relief work. Good on her for that kind of compassionate devotion, however much her leadership will be misssed here on WC. Glad she plans to stop in and remain a community member. Many prayers and good wishes go with her..
TJ

Kathryn Day
09-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Carly, will miss you. Come back and show us your paintings when you get a chance.

Piper Ballou
09-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks Carly for all that you have done, and for all that you are doing now...many blessings to you
piper

angecald
09-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Carly, it won't be the same without you, but of course you need to follow your heart. Good luck, and don't be a stranger!

scall0way
09-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Gee, I can't even imagine WC without Carly! Carly, I sure hope you still drop by and visit, even if you are not moderating. Best of luck.

Dark_Shades
09-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Wishing Carly Well........ she was here when I started ..... wont seem the same for sure

pampe
09-16-2005, 04:08 PM
(((Carly)))

always the best to you!

Grasshopper
09-16-2005, 04:14 PM
I can sure understand taking the time out for family, and for helping people! Thank you for helping us!

Charlie's Mum
09-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Carly - if you manage to look in here, just want to say 'Good Luck' with what you'll be doing ........ brave and generous lady.
I don't get in to Pastels often, but you've been helpful in the Publishing dept - thank you :D

CarlyHardy
09-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks to all of you for your prayers, your well wishes and your thoughtfullness. WetCanvas is like an extended family to me and many of you have become close personal friends over the years. Although my time will be spent on the road for much of the next few months, I'll be back from time to time.

I'll be leaving again on Wednesday for the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. We're stationed at a church in Pascagoula and our feeding unit provides 10 to 12,000 meals a day, which we both send out with the Red Cross and serve in lines at our location. It's a grueling long day but to see a child smile or laugh because they got a cold sippy drink is worth all the effort. So many of the people have lost all they owned and they just sit on the front steps of a house that is no longer there waiting.

Some have ask who I work with. I'm with the North American Missions Board Disaster Relief Teams. We are the third largest responders when there is a disaster. The Red Cross is largest, the Salvation Army is second, and we are third. We have several types of teams. Clean-up and re-covery; communications; childcare; feeding; and chaplain services. All of our workers are volunteers trained for the specific teams and our work is funded thru the North American Missions Board, which is a part of the Southern Baptist Convention.

So if any of you might be interested in this type of ministry opportunity or you know someone who might be interested, check the NAMB online site for training in your area or for information. We have members who work in disaster relief from all church backgrounds and walks of life...it's not limited to any one church affiliation.

I've been asked to train for the clean-up crew.....but I don't think I'm ready to handle a chain saw just yet :D

Keep painting!!
carly

Mikki Petersen
10-06-2005, 04:11 AM
Carly, you have been a wonderful Moderator to us as well as being a terrific artist and generous compassionate supporter of us all. I wish you great good luck and God's speed in whatever direction you are moving. I have not been keeping up with the Talk Forum and was certainly taken by surprise to see all these now announcements.

Warmly,
Mikki

CindyW
10-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Carly, I'm quite a bit late with this but may your welcomed and priceless efforts of much needed help and support for the poor souls who were the victims of such a horrible chaotic natural disaster fill your heart with peace and love...as it sounds like it already has.
It'll be nice to see you when you pop in here and there.
Cindy

A Few Pigments
10-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Hi Carly,

Good luck with your volunteer work. They may never know you’re a talented artist, but they will know you care and that’s all that matters. Bless you for helping them in their time of need. :angel: