PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone I'm new

Joannie
09-14-2005, 07:20 AM
Thought you might like to see some of my latest work. I often do series and this one is called THE SECRET GARDEN. These are on boxed canvas 16 x 20" done in acrylic, textured and layered and often having materials, beads, seeds etc incorporated. The one I am showing you here is number three in the series and the secret bit is finding the title - ie the busy bee this time. Any comments gratefully received from this newcomer.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2005/67582-Secret_Garden_series_III_-_busy_bee.JPG

nevbogus
09-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Welcome aboard joannie. i am quite new here too but i can tell you the people here are very helpful.
this is very effective and yes, i think i have found the creature of the title.

3chaway9
09-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Welcome Joannie.......i like your painting....reminds me of part of an old English garden
with Hollyhocks at the backwall and all the other sweet smelling smaller ones in the forground....very nice....i like the bee too.

Catkin
09-14-2005, 07:45 AM
The colours are lovely and I like the spontaneity - wish it was my garden - what paints did you use?
Sharon :cat:

ColorsoftheRainbow
09-14-2005, 08:14 AM
I love this painting! Love the title too. This is what my garden looks like come about August! :)

jan409
09-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Lovely it does bring an English garden to mind. Something I would love to have. Well done. Jan409

Leslie Pz
09-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Holy Moly! This is wonderful. Love the mix media. This has a very modern "impressionistic" feel and is very successful!

Thank you for sharing your unique talent! Very different! Welcome and eager to see more posts!
-Les

Joannie
09-14-2005, 10:10 AM
:) :wave: How great I've had 6 replies in almost minutes - well it only seems that long cos Nitsa and I are painting together this afternoon and time is flying.

Thanks for lovely comments - as you can guess I love my garden as well. Thanks LesP, Rainbow, Catkin, 2chaw, nevbog and jan409. How lovely of you to reply to this new comer to Wetcanvas. I use Liquitex paints both the normal flow and the newer heavy duty - they are scrumptious and have wonderful colours. Until another time - probably tomorrow...........

Lady Carol
09-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Welcome to the forum Joannie.

Painting with Nitsa, eh? How lucky of you. Two very widely differing techniques should make for an interesting experience. So, does Anita talk as much as she writes? :eek: :D

Joannie
09-14-2005, 11:07 AM
Hi Lady Carol

The answers yes, yes, yes, ............................................. yes. but then I am just as bad. We always have such a lot to say about colour, subject, technique. ... and we encourage each other no end. Then of course theres the subject of men, family, life but painting beats the lot.

Nitsa
09-14-2005, 11:55 AM
LOL @ Carol!...Me?...Talk alot? :evil:

Joannie, glad you made it into the forum with your wonderful painting!
Thankyou for today, had a lovely time, look fwd to our next session together. ;)

tremblad
09-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Joannie,

I really really like this. It reminds me a famous painter but I don't remember which one! Did you use a knife or only brush?

WillowDreamz
09-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Joannie,

Hello :wave: Welcome, I am also new here, everyone here is just wonderful. I have only been painting for about 2 weeks now and I was so happy to find this site. I really love your painting. I love the colors! I look forward to seeing more of your work. Have a great day!!:)

Kelly

lani noa
09-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Wonderful impressionistic painting. Really love what you have done with you garden and your interpretation of it. What a great addition you will be to our forum.

Margaret 59
09-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi Joannie, found the bee and it's a great painting...love the colours. :wave:

Charlie's Mum
09-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Hi Joannie - and welcome to the forum -especially if you can keep Nitsa in check - lol!!! :D:D
Lovely painting, gorgeous colour - but you're obviously experienced ;) - and we would love to see more ...... and bigger images too??? (There's a link in my signature if you need it).

This looks like part of my garden when all the delphs and lupins are in bloom - just wish it was as beautiful as the painting at present ;)

mrs willow
09-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Welcome Joannie. This is a lovely painting. It is colourful and evocative of a spring garden, painted in the impressionist style. Well done! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Sandy
Ps Yes! I found the bee!

Joannie
09-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi Temblad - you ask if I use knife or brush. Well the answers is everything from toothbrush, card edge, paper, material, beads, powdered paint, glue, paster, stick, finger and thumb and brush and knife.... just as the fancy comes to create the feel as well as the shape and colour.

Leslie Pz
09-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Wow, I think you've spent more time gathering your materials as you did creating the piece! How long does it take you to paint these? How many have you done?
-Les

bullyluvver
09-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Hello Joannie,

I really like this a lot. The impressionistic style gives your picture 2 essential things for me, interest and life. It seems wherever you look there is always something for the eye to discover. I Love it.

Gail

Joannie
09-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Hi Charlies mum (Maureen)

You've sussed it. Ive been painting some many years now but (as all of us) its good to have comments and advice from others rather than just work alone in your own studio space with a few grunts and grins and okayes from one's spouse to get along with. My problem is only having posted one image I've now got this tired brain to remember how I did it??!!

Joannie
09-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Hi LesP
I have created 4 in my MAGIC GARDEN series and so far 3 in my SECRET GARDEN series. They can take ages and are left on the easel for me to think about over quite a period of time - the hardest thing is knowing when I have arrived. I'll try to post some of these other images over the weekend.

Anita Murphy
09-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Delphiniums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUMMY! I am so envious of you having your own garden - from scratch! I haven't had a garden since I left England 4 years ago and I long for one filled with cottagy British flowers. My job of choice would be garden designer. This is a super painting - very nostalgic feel to it - and so impressionistic too. Lovely - looking forward to more.