PDA

View Full Version : Late FND

greencook
01-14-2002, 10:32 PM
Hello all,
Even though I wasn't able to participate last Friday night (due to dinner guests) I figured I'd go ahead and give the excercise a go. So, I got a piece of paper, my mechanical pencial and kneaded eraser, started my stop watch and this is what happened.
This is the first fast human figure I've ever sketched. All opinions, both negative and positive are welcome. How else am I to learn!

Thanks

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2002/Angel_Sculpture_sketch_1-14-02.GIF

dnip24
01-14-2002, 11:10 PM
Beautiful picture! Cute angels!

impetuous
01-15-2002, 04:52 AM
great sketch greencook!
it's good fun isn't it, racing against the clock, really puts the pressure on! hope that you can make the next draw off!:)

vasudha_ch
01-15-2002, 08:47 AM
nice and great!!!

vasudha

mebucko
01-15-2002, 11:56 AM
Hey greenCook! Better late than never! huh?:D Really, really good for the first attempt at a human form . I was wondering what your first would look like, and this one shows a lot of promise. It's a hard one to do, isn't it?:) Lots of folds, and hard to get everything you planned in an hour. I was mostly impressed with not so much as HOW you drew it, but WHAT YOU NOTICED, and what your eye saw in that short amount of time. Having done the same sketch myself without looking at the original again, I can say that you managed quite well to get the point across, and got the overall look with the proper placement of the two main sculptures, AND the background part. Meaning I think that you connected the important stuff together pretty danged good, to me, that shows that you have an eye for drawing, and not everybody has that, even some good artists, 'specially this soon. I like it alot! I also wondered how you managed to draw that arch at the top so well...? I thought that even seasoned artists couldn't do that good!:D
Keep it up, and hopefully you can make the next FND, and see what we had to go through. It's a whole different ballgame on a timed event when you know everybody else is too, IT ROCKS! I think that you'll be amazed at how much you have learned by doing it, it brings out the weaknesses AND the strong points in all of us. To sum it all up... I can only say it in a kind'a snooty sounding art critique style... It was an hour of exquisite torture...:D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif

greencook
01-15-2002, 02:21 PM
Thanks all for sharing your feelings. I was a little apprehensive about posting this since I hadn't participated last Friday. But I saw so many people say the time constraint was good for them, and I've been wanting good practice on quick sketching. The rest is history. I'll bet the knowledge that so many are working on the same thing at the same time would make a positive experience. The drawback I had from this is that I had the advantage of seeing everyone else's post before I began mine. Then again, I wouldn't have done it otherwise, and learned nothing.

Randy, as always, thank you for your encouragement and honest opinion. I'd disagree with your description of your rendition of this piece though. Your's was AWESOME!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Folks, I'm going to snitch on Randy a bit - he told me in a PM that his posted piece was his 3rd go within the hour ! Great job!

I can't wait till the next one! :D