PDA

View Full Version : Golden Regular Gel Gloss

scandia3815
09-13-2005, 03:36 PM
I've been using Golden's Regular Gel gloss medium, and after a few paintings I have to say that I really like it. it works great as a paint extender, and gives my acrylics a little of that oil feel. The Gel really counters the dull/dirty texture that I often produced with just straight paint & water for thinner, especially since I do so much finger painting, smearing, etc.. when blending.

Has anyone tried Golden's flow medium? I do a good bit of glazing here and there and am curious how it works with Golden paints.

Aaron.

Nitsa
09-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Hi Aaron. :wave:
I don't use any Golden products, so I can't offer anything personally I'm afraid but I'll bump this up the boards to see if there is someone who can! ;)

quinacridonemagenta
09-25-2005, 10:25 PM
I use Golden's flow medium quite a bit....however, I don't think I would consider using it for glazing. Usually, I will put a few drops in a couple of ounces of water and have that next to my pallette for when I am doing any kind of line work. The flow medium helps the paint glide on the canvas surface to form smoother lines. I have also mixed a few drops straight into my paint for the same type work.

I also use the flow medium in what I call "pours" where I first lay my canvas down horizontally and then brush or spray on a mixture of water and flow medium (and then pour liquid paint into it and watch it blossom across the canvas).

A little bit goes a long way. Don't overuse it and definitely DON'T overmix. It will bubble on you.

For glazing, I use golden's acrylic glazing compound.

(this is all just my opinion from experience).