PDA

View Full Version : Fashionably Armed

baquitania
01-14-2002, 08:47 PM
This is an old marker drawing I am reworking with plans to digitally color... Thought I'd share it with you guys here... The face was inspired by a catalog model, everything else is me... well not "me" but my drawing :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2002/smallpihal.jpg

Here's a detail...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2002/smallpihaldetail.jpg

Bobby

sassybird
01-14-2002, 09:14 PM
This is cool, bobby! I love fantasy art, and you attention to detail is wonderful. I can't wait to see the colorization of the piece. Have you ever shown at sci fi/fantasy conventions? A lot of artist make a killing at some of those shows. At one convention I made enough to cover all my travel and lodgeing plus a nice chunk in the bank to get me to my next convention........lol Your style would go over big.

dnip24
01-14-2002, 11:14 PM
excellent picture! Looks awesome!

els
01-15-2002, 07:42 AM
Fantastic, can't wait to see the finished one...

NorahT
01-15-2002, 08:39 AM
Well done - looking forward to the coloured version :)

kitaye
01-15-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by sassybird
This is cool, bobby! I love fantasy art, and you attention to detail is wonderful. I can't wait to see the colorization of the piece. Have you ever shown at sci fi/fantasy conventions? A lot of artist make a killing at some of those shows. At one convention I made enough to cover all my travel and lodgeing plus a nice chunk in the bank to get me to my next convention........lol Your style would go over big.

I agree with Sassybird except...not trying to sexist or anything but from my experience this girl, which is beautiful to me, just isn't equipped properly for fantasy convention goers. She needs to be at least built like Dolly Parton to be truly successful.

However, I think the detail is very nice without over doing it. I like her form and figure as well. She has that "I'm going to kill you and enjoy doing it" look that so much fantasy art is missing because they focus too much on being sexy.

artdude
01-16-2002, 04:05 PM
GREAT STUFF!! You always render some awesome fantasy characters. Make sure you let us see the colored version :D