PDA

View Full Version : Cheer my acrylic sister up challenge...

impshlady
09-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Here is my sister, as you can see she is miserable. :crying:
She is 8x10 in acrylics on canvas and she has such a sad face! i have given the ref picture to show you what she should look like...beautiful, orange pre-raphaelite sister, i've painted away like billio for two days and she still looks this sad! can any kind acrylic fairy out there suggest how to make her smile again? i want to give her it as a present but i dont want to give her depression too! if you can help feel free to photoshop the ref or the painting to show what you mean, anything to help me!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks

Leah

praiseHisname40
09-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi ImpishLady... This is great !!! I think you have done a wonderful job here. The only small crit I have is maybe the crease under here bottom lip should be shortened a little it seems a little long and that might change the expression a little and maybe soften the cleft in her chin just a bit...I really do like the way you have done this . Great Job :clap: :clap:

Nitsa
09-11-2005, 09:07 PM
I agree, it's a wonderfully atmospheric painting and I love your loose brushstrokes. :clap:
I think some well placed highlights are all that is missing to make her sparkle a little and some warmth on her cheek. I don't have any hi-tec programs just paint, so I have tried to dabble a little on that...Not sure it helps.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2005/18769-impshlady.JPG

damar
09-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Hi Leah, I hope you don't mind, I took your canvas into a program and just slightly pushed the corner of the mouth (viewers left) "up" a little, which may change the face you know so well. (but not enough to affect the cheek/smile lines)
I also toned down the contour in the chin, but that's not that pertinent to your request. A slight hi-lite in the eye will add a sparkle to the smile :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2005/28389-ambersmall.jpg

impshlady
09-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Thankyou so much anita, kaye and Damar, i'll have a crack at it today and post the results for you to see. With acrylics i'm so scared that just one blob in the wrong place and i'll have to start all over again! courage...

Leah

bjcpaints
09-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Leah - You are doing a great job and you are getting good advice here! Can't wait to see the finish!
Barbara