PDA

View Full Version : ACEO/ATC Miniature. Beach Scene 3.5x2.5"

champagneharley
09-11-2005, 02:35 PM
This is my latest of these addictive, collectible art cards.
2.5x3.5" on canvas-paper. Liquitex.
I didn't use any special small brushes, I wanted an impressionistic look to it.
I love it. I'll list it for auction tonight, but if it doesn't sell, I've already decided to keep it.
Not that it is just so wonderful artwork, just that it really appeals to me. I think I managed to capture the feeling of the 100 degree day, which it was.
The beach? Adelaide (Grange), South Australia - the 2 story building is the 'Marines' built approx 1898.
~Jillian
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2005/4588-ACEO-A078-BchLife-sm.jpg

Nitsa
09-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Wonderful as usual Jillian...I think you may have to say goodbye to this one, it's sure to sell! ;)

champagneharley
09-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Wonderful as usual Jillian...I think you may have to say goodbye to this one, it's sure to sell! ;)

HAHAHAHAHA Nitsa wish that was a 'done deal' as need the cash at the moment. Sad to sell, but it does need to. Wish the market was predictable re sales. Time will tell. It's due to hit the auctions around 7pm Pacific time.

Thanks so much for your vote of confidence.

Regards,
Jillian

Nitsa
09-11-2005, 09:16 PM
You're welcome...Good luck! ;)

bjcpaints
09-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Very nicely done Jillian!

damar
09-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi Jill! Long time no see! Good to see ya! This ATC is super!
(have you thought about painting it on a larger canvas?). Will check out your ebay's later today. Good luck!

champagneharley
09-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Very nicely done Jillian!
Thank you so much.
It worked out really well. This will be a stunner if framed.
Although art cards are often in albums this is one of those that beg to be framed.
:)
Regards,
Jillian

champagneharley
09-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi Jill! Long time no see! Good to see ya! This ATC is super!
(have you thought about painting it on a larger canvas?). Will check out your ebay's later today. Good luck!

DEFINITELY I will do this as a large painting one day.
It did turn out SO well as an ATC though.
As said before, it does need to be framed, not kept in an album.
Thank you.
Regards,
Jillian

3chaway9
09-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Lovely painting Jillian.

champagneharley
09-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Lovely painting Jillian.
Thank you SO much Caroline.
I love it myself.
... and I'm tough on myself.

~Jillian

wintersrose
09-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Great painting! I love the impressionistic approach. It does indeed portray a 100 degree day as the lack of detail makes it seem mirage-like. Hope to see more!

champagneharley
09-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Great painting! I love the impressionistic approach. It does indeed portray a 100 degree day as the lack of detail makes it seem mirage-like. Hope to see more!
:) thank you so much.
It's exactly what I intended.
I am becoming quite attached to it as I've had it on my computer desk the last couple of days, and I always do a double-take.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Jillian