PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Hopkins sketch!

Jason Seiler
01-14-2002, 12:13 PM
Hey gang, just did this sketch last night while watching a movie, thought I'd share it with the rest of you, take care, talk to ya later!!!

Rose Queen
01-14-2002, 04:23 PM
You are one damn fine caricaturist, young man! :clap:

dnip24
01-14-2002, 06:46 PM
Awesome and funny!

Witty
01-16-2002, 06:37 AM
Good on you Jason.

I tracked you down after you beat me in the last Opdebeeck contest.:mad:

I think your Tom Cruise is the best! Nice colour work.:)

Regards
Brad Wightman

Jason Seiler
01-16-2002, 11:28 AM
Hey Brad!

Great to hear from ya, glad there's another caricaturist on this site!:D

For anyone reading this, Brad is an awesome caricaturist from Ausitrailia...

Not sure if you remember my George Bush from the October contest, but I thought yours was going to win, if I remember correctly, yours was the full color one with the whole cowboy outfit on with the guns...right? My wife thought you were going to win that one too.

I was kinda shocked that the one that won...won? But I guess I was just as shocked at winning the Jackson one too...

Great to here from ya!:clap: Do you have a website? I'd like to check out more of your stuff!

Talk to ya later!

Witty
01-17-2002, 01:12 AM
G'day Jason & thanks for the good wrap.

Yep - that George Bush with the cowboy outfit was mine. I think it was a bit cartoonish & most people probably didn't know our Prime Minister (Australia) sticking his ugly moush out from behind Bush.

Yep - the contest is rigged.. :p Just kidding. I just had a look at Jan's site & realised you didn't win the Gates one :mad: You should have! It's how I would have drawn him as well with the nose coming over the mouth. :)

Actually - I'm just in the process of drawing Pat Rafter (Aussie tennis player) & I have the same thing with the nose coming over the mouth. It's a bloody big drawing for me (in watercolours & gouche) with a size of 50 x 70 cm.

I'll post it on here in the next couple of days when finished.

Be back soon!
Brad

By the way - what's your Tom Cruise one? - watercolours/gouche/pencil?

Leaflin
01-17-2002, 09:26 AM
Well done Jason :D

Hi Brad :)
Welcome to WetCanvas.

Jason Seiler
01-17-2002, 10:51 AM
Can't wait to see that Tennis player...I'm working on one right now for Kraft foods, I'll post that when I'm finished.

I don't know what's up with the Opdebeeck site? After I won the Michael Jackson one, I knew I couldn't win the Bill Gates, they say you can enter, but you can't win for two more months...I was shocked though to see that the one that did win,....I personally thought that was the very worst....but who knows, as far as being funny, I guess it was...kinda defeated the whole purpose of caricature though, not really capturing a likeness.

It's great to chat with ya Brad! Can't wait to see the Tennis one, like I said, I'll put mine up here as soon as I finish it...talk to ya later!!

Jason Seiler
01-17-2002, 01:27 PM
Brad, or anyone else who's been following this...

The easiest way to check out what the Tom Cruise looks like, is to got to www.the-nose.com Go to the gift section, under my name, and you'll see it.

Take care,:p

troll
01-17-2002, 08:05 PM
this is quite interesting to look at :)