PDA

View Full Version : Portrait

spearmintjoe
09-09-2005, 04:08 PM
I've OD'd on dogs - thought I'd try something a bit different. My second portrait, found it very tough.
This is my friend's son, I'm planning on giving it to him as a gift. 16x16" on canvas. C&C most welcome.

3chaway9
09-09-2005, 04:51 PM
I find young children very difficult to paint....especially there noses....i have tried the same ref. of a child many times without success...you did well here....a great gift for the parents.

decoratorgirl
09-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Wow- what a terrific perspective- skin tones and hair and nose- everything looks awesome!!! Sp precious- they will cherish it!

Nitsa
09-09-2005, 09:55 PM
It's a wonderful portrait....Well done you!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Marty C
09-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Hi spearmintjoe,
Very well done, great job on the skin textures. This will make a fine gift!

asmith38
09-10-2005, 01:49 AM
This is beautiful!!! Since it's a gift for the parents, you might want to make him smile a little? Or add a little more spark in his eyes? You know how parents are LOL!

krystakaye
09-10-2005, 04:03 AM
Your rehabilitation seems to be going well! lol This is a great portriat! It doesn't look like you had a struggle at all. Well done! I am sure you will be your friend's new HERO as parents love to see thier kid's portrait. Good going and keep it up! Can't wait to see more!

spearmintjoe
09-10-2005, 06:42 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. Thanks AS, I'll give the sparkle a go. Krysta, I've just found a great pic of a Bull Terrier, so I might be falling off the wagon pretty soon.

Cheers,
Joe.

krystakaye
09-10-2005, 08:09 PM
LOL... Repeat after me.... "My NAME IS JOE," (your turn) "and I am a recovering ANIMAL PAINT A-HOLIC" (your turn) .... (THE REST OF US now says....) "HI JOE!" :D See Joe, I TOO am a recovering Animal paint-A-Holic. Although I have only been painting for four months, the first two were nothing but animals. Animals EVERYDAY for two solid months...I would paint leopards, dogs, cats, elephants... you name it..so I, too, share your pain... I still STRUGGLE with the slip every now and again but I have to be very careful not to go off the deep end again......hmmmmm. It is hard at times, I know. SIGH. Welcome Joe, You are among friends!

They do say the first step is admitting there is a problem, just work on the rest of the 11 steps :p :wink2:

spearmintjoe
09-10-2005, 10:07 PM
LOL - you should set up a programme Krysta

k9artisan
09-11-2005, 02:44 AM
I really like your portrait! I know it can be nice to take a break from dog portraits and challenge yourself with something new. You did a terrific job!
Amber