PDA

View Full Version : Symphony in water

D.G.K.King
09-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi All
My latest painting titled Symphony in water.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2005/63560-Symphony_in_water2.jpg

This painting was not about accuracy, I had three things in mind when starting, Movement, music and water and the picture evolved around those in my abstract realism style of painting.
The painting is in acrylics and the size is 80cm x 60 cm
Take care
Dave

3chaway9
09-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi Dave.....missed you on here........your painting is terrific.....a birds eye view......great.

tishtosh
09-09-2005, 03:32 PM
wow...that water is really moving!....welldone!

D.G.K.King
09-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi Caroline
Thank you
I have been a little busy of late among other things I have gone completely 64 bit on the computer which meant installing the new operating system etc.

A slightly different viewing angle on the painting but it seemed to work better with the sense of movement I was trying to achieve. The different flow rates were due partly to the musical influence. I then tried to pull it together into some sort of believable picture. There is a strong abstract element but hopefully it blends so to be almost unnoticeable
Take care
Dave

D.G.K.King
09-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Hi David
Thank you
Slightly exaggerated in places :evil: but hey it is artistic licence :cool: , well thats my excuse do you think it will wash:D
Take care
Dave

Charlie's Mum
09-09-2005, 05:11 PM
I'd say you've achieved your aims Dave.

I really do like the patterning of the water in the top - contrasts well with the other areas. There's a nice rhythm throughout too - the music ;) - and there's plenty of movement.
My only tiny-teeny crit would be the lone rocks - perhaps the suggestion of them in another couple of areas, very understated, would help incorporate and unite them.
But that's a tiny nit-pick!
lovely painting :D

D.G.K.King
09-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi Maureen
Thank you
There are some other rocks i.e. just to the right and futher along but they are understated and have not come out to clear in the photograph and reduction process :crying: .
Take care
Dave

jan409
09-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Dave: I love this painting, The water has so much movement. the colors are wonderful. Glad to see another of your paintings. Jan

D.G.K.King
09-10-2005, 05:14 AM
Hi Jan
Thank you
Take care
Dave