PDA

View Full Version : Scratchboard Cat-DONE

Obedec
09-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Nithya inspired me so I decided to try a cat. Found one in the references. I've got 30 hours on this and it is done. I had a major decision deciding whether to color the eyes or not, but am thrilled I did. 5 x 7 on ampersand board, only the eyes are colored with watercolor.
Karen

Pine Cone
09-04-2005, 12:43 AM
I discovered this on the other forum but came here to learn more. Thank you for explaining about the eyes. I have to say, I think this is possibly the artwork that speaks to me the most that I've seen on Wet Canvas so far. The sensitivity of expression, the ability to have so much detail without it being fussy - I'm absolutely stunned by this wonderful cat. Thank you for sharing this very special piece.

Jakeally
09-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Oh! Wow .... awesome scratching :clap: :clap: Definately one of the best I've seen. So much life in the fur and the eyes are truly wonderful.
Extremely well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

nithya_swamy
09-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Wow!! It looks stunning, Karen!
I too love this ref pic, very nice posture of the cat.. and the eyes look gorgeous!

cheers,
nithya

valchina612
09-05-2005, 05:49 AM
Oh my goodness Karen, this is totally stunning. The fur is so 'furry' and the eyes are gorgeous. Outstanding work. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

Mary Woodul
09-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Your cat is just awesome, Karen, when I saw it as a thumbprint, I thought it was a reference picture of the cat you were going to use as a model. great work!!!

yogi
09-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Came wandering over to this forum for the first time in years and was rewarded with the sight of this gorgeous work of art! Wow! This is incredibly and intricately precious!

Obedec
09-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Oh My,
Thank you so very much...I appreciate it.
Karen