PDA

View Full Version : VPON Paintout Sunday 1-3 PDT

Khadres
09-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Piper (Jenpie) is graciously hosting a paintout on VPON from 1 to 3 Sunday afternoon, pacific daylight time. To join us, just sign on to Yahoo messenger, make sure you're added to our Jenpie's buddy list so she will know you're onlline and can invite you to the conference chat.

Hoping to see ya there!

Piper Ballou
09-03-2005, 01:43 AM
Sooz- thanks for posting the paint out...I had forgotten

I think I have added everyone to my yahoo messenger now, if not let me know...and if anyone wants to join the group, you are very welcomed. It is fun to paint with someone..even if there is a lot of distance between us.

Hope to see you there
piper

DLJohnson
09-03-2005, 02:47 AM
Hi all :wave:

I am there!

Donna

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Sep-2005/7846-painterportrait.gif

Piper Ballou
09-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Donna..glad you are going to join in on Sunday....looking forward to it
piper

Artistammy
09-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Will that be 3 PM Central time? I looked at the world time clock but I have more trouble with that than my computer. lol I think I'll be around & may paint but definitely can help out.
Tammy

DLJohnson
09-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi all, :wave:

1:00 Pacific - 2:00 Mountain - 3:00 Central - 4:00 Eastern

Sorry I havent figured out London and Brazil yet. Is anyone attending in the UK? Hope so!

We will have new member Rose from Brazil. Her WC ID is Bard.

WELCOME ROSE!

Donna

It is 4 hours later at Rose's house in Brazil, whew, ok now we know

rosebard
09-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Thanks Donna!! Looking forward to meet you all there tomorrow! :) :wave:

Piper Ballou
09-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey everyone, I am getting excited about the paintout...should I serve cake or cookies :p

I tired to figure a time that would not be too late for those in a later time zone, like central or eastern or even the time difference in England...think they are 8 hours ahead of me...

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, I am getting a couple of painting ready

piper

DLJohnson
09-03-2005, 10:56 PM
.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Sep-2005/7846-cake.gif

Piper Ballou
09-03-2005, 11:15 PM
you are too funny!!!!!

DLJohnson
09-04-2005, 01:43 AM
.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Sep-2005/7846-iwantcookies.gif

Khadres
09-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Will that be 3 PM Central time? I looked at the world time clock but I have more trouble with that than my computer. lol I think I'll be around & may paint but definitely can help out.
Tammy

That sounds right to me, Tammy. Should be 4 EDT, 3 CDT, 2 MDT, and 1 PDT. I THINK that's right, but now that I think of it, maybe Arizona isn't daylight time? Geez, I dunno...maybe we need to have schedulers spell that out in their announcement. Anyway, you MIGHT want to check in an extra hour earlier just to be safe.

Piper Ballou
09-04-2005, 04:56 PM
You are right, we are not on day light savings....the times that sooz listed are also correct...

Piper Ballou
09-04-2005, 08:08 PM
The results are in---today's vpon paintout, we had six of us...Christine, Tammy, sooz, Donna, Rose Bard, and myself.
some of us are still having a little trouble with cameras etc, but that did not stop us from having a good time together.

Here are my results for today.
I started a k-9 for the sheriff's department here, decided to paint it art spectrum, sand coloured paper..so I would not have to fuss about the background, but I am sloppy so I will be doing somthing with the background anyway.

Piper

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Sep-2005/8539-hido_wip.jpg

rosebard
09-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi there all!! :wave:

Wow piper!! The eyes of the doggie really shows here. Nice!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I guess I will have to stop by more often to watch up my vpon buddies progress and others too on pastel forum. I love pastel look, but unfortunally long way to them for me. LOL. Anyway, I had a great time this afternoon watching donna, sooz and piper painting. :clap:

Thanks for VPON. It is great. :clap:

:D :wave:

DLJohnson
09-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi all :wave:

VPON is fun. I (again) didn't get in the groove until it was over. Just call me the welcoming committee, k? I did paint the rest of the night. It should be finished this afternoon and I am going to start my first "this is my work" thread for critique. I am feeling brave and need to learn how to get to the next level.

So here is a webcam shot.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2005/7846-Picture_8_3.jpg

Donna

Khadres
09-05-2005, 05:21 PM
VERY nice, DL. You are one of the few people I know who likes how they look well enough to do multiple self-portraits! Very cool indeed.

OK, here's my kinda blah endeavor...
Just call it "The Kid"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2005/34895-thekid.jpg

Piper Ballou
09-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Donna, I love the portrait, looks fantastic....I painted about 3 more hours on the dog yesterday too....sure is fun, it is coming along pretty nice

sooz- I love this little guy? girl? a real cutie, and the fur looks nice too
piper

DLJohnson
09-05-2005, 07:18 PM
awwwwwwww, so sweet. He is darling! Looks like baby's first steps. He's all wobbly and precious. I agree, nice fluffy fur.

Piper, show us more when you can. Your eyes look great and much more brown than on the webcam. Still piercing and beautiful. Maybe you can figure out what is wrong with mine. Blind, dead, and looking in two different directions. I need a break and am off to find your cactus.

I need to go see what is on the VPON calendar, I don't have any critters to do right now but me.

Hey Sooz this is my first official portrait, the other was just a sketch to see if I should buy more pastels.:o There is a huge self portrait thread going on and I also am experimenting and warming up before I do a couple of commissions. One is a former African government official so I need to do a bunch of practice so I don't botch him up completely. I hope to create a portfolio this year and need lots of samples for that too. Thank goodness for everyone at WC as I am considering stomping on my precious pastels. Whatever was I thinking when I decided I must do faces?

And I am SICK of my face, argh! Landscapes are getting more appealing by the hour.

Piper Ballou
09-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Donna-I love your portrait...I have not really attempted a portrait, just one for a pastel class, but maybe in the future. As far as critter nite...if they have one I am going to paint anything I just happen to be working on at the time, I usually only have one painting going at once and most of them have been animals so I should be okay most of the time. I just know that last Tuesday, I came home from work tired and might have chosen not to paint but since it was critter night, I painted up a storm...
piper

Khadres
09-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, Donna, I don't think you need worry about your commissions, you obviously have a bead on the human face just fine! I do think I prefered your earlier sketch, but this one is more formal--I'm just not a hat person...lol. Have you completed it as far as you're going to go with it? We wanna see if ya do any more on it!

Maybe I should just schedule another critter nite for Tuesday, Piper? And yep, no reason you can't just paint whatever you like. It is a neat way to get in a bit more painting time during the week...

khourianya
09-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Ohhh - it lookslike you guys had a very productive paintout! I wish I coulda been there (instead of huddling under a tarp in the rain while camping in Jasper :p )

All of the paintings look awesome! I managed to find a haf hour that was free of rain to break out my pastels and sketch a stream so i'll be posting that in the sketch thread once I am settled.

Khadres
09-06-2005, 01:00 AM
I just looked at the VPON calendar and noticed Cori's Friday Nite paint session which is scheduled for the 9th. I'd totally forgotten about that, so it's a good thing I looked!
Since that is the case, why don't we postpone another Critter Nite til the next week? We could still do something over the weekend tho. The Friday Nite session will be fun because it'll be the end of the week and folks can really enjoy themselves without worrying about it being a work nite... K?

khourianya
09-06-2005, 01:08 AM
sounds good to me..though we could have paintouts every night, if we so desired!! the people wouldn't be able to say that there just isn't a paintout on a good night for them :D

Oh - and I just got a request for a critter painting. My in-laws have asked for a painting of a squirrel perched on top of one of their bird feeders (which are like little log cabins). I will be having some fun with that one. I have a pic of a squirrel IN the feeder, but not of one ON it.

But I need to finish my montage first.

Piper Ballou
09-06-2005, 01:50 AM
Okay, it is Friday night then...I may plan another one on sunday afternoon, but I need to see how this week goes, will know by thursday or friday

we need to set up some format here to post these....
for example..like this one
announcement thread and the keep the same thread for a follow up, how does that sound
I need to learn to change the title once the paintout is over or can you do that???

Khadres
09-06-2005, 03:54 PM
As far as I know, you can't change the title, but you might ask Kyle about that. Why don't we make it sorta like this:

VPON Critter Nite- the date - Ptgs and Sketches Posted Here

Or something like that?