PDA

View Full Version : Lino

Tony Perrotta
01-12-2002, 06:40 PM
Hi everyone, OK more ??? I went to Pearl Art today, all ready to get all the supplies I need for lino cutting, I should have known thats not possible! I got the cutting set, the ink, and a brayer, no lino? I saw there are several types of brayers. Whats the difference between hard and soft roller. I am just going to order my lino from Blick, I don't know whats with these stores everytime I go there which is often they are out of the most basic things, and this is not a small store, and they are not by any means cheap, does anybody care anymore. (Sorry but everyone has the right to whine a little). I bought a soft brayer, am I good to go or not??.. I am going to do my mono print tommorow with the plexiglass, we'll see what happens. The (dig cam) had to go on hold once again due to circumstances beyond my control. Hopefully I am going to be back in work next mo. then I will get it for sure,(won't have as much time for art though).

Regards Tony

Gisela
01-12-2002, 07:22 PM
I have three different kinds of brayers and I like the soft rubber on the best. I've seen brayers in the catalogs for up to hundreds of dollars, so I'm sure there are some waaayyyy better than my $14 Speedball. ;)

Oh, and enjoy your time for making art while you have it. We don't mnd waiting for the pics! :)

Gis

sassybird
01-12-2002, 10:20 PM
I prefer a soft brayer also. I noticed that the lithographers use a harder brayer.

I'm not surprised that you had trouble finding what you needed, Tony. It is frustrating to say the least, and that is why I order most of my supplies and paper by mail order. If there is a university near you you might find a bit more in the line of printmaking supplies. Not a lot more, but they do keep lino on hand and always have a good variety of inks.