PDA

View Full Version : Online consumer reviews of Mac systems?

Fig
01-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Hi all,

I am looking for online information about G3 and G4 systems that users have reviewed. I want to spend about $500 to $800 on a used system and want to know which model would be the best for my use. It is important to me that the system is going to be able to run my existing programs ie. Quark 4.0, Illustrator 7, and Photoshop 5.0 and connect to my Epson USB printer and Microtek SCSI scanner.

Or if anyone has a G3 or older G4, please let me know how you like it.

Fig

Christie
01-12-2002, 07:36 PM
We run an ibook and an older G3. They have both been very reliable machines. I am the ibook user and have certainlly found that it suits what I need it for, but I suspect that if you are doing a great deal of graphics work a hopped up G3 may be more what you need.

Leslie M. Ficcaglia
01-19-2002, 05:31 PM
I have a G4 that I picked up in August of 2000 which I love. I've always been a Mac person anyway so I'm biased, but the G4 is responsive and seems to do whatever I need it to. I don't do a lot of graphics on my computer but do some scanning and use Photoshop Elements for my website. My Mac is reliable and performs well; having used PCs at work I far prefer Macintoshes for intuitiveness and user-friendliness.

KanuK
02-09-2002, 12:13 PM
Unfortunately, any newer Mac will not have a SCSI interface. You might have to buy a SCSI card or simply buy a newer scanner that is either USB or Firewire based. MUCH easier to deal with than SCSI... you don't have to restart all the time.