PDA

View Full Version : i am so happy!

jessamina
09-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Today my sennelier's arrived! i brought the 100 peice portrait collection, it cam in a beautiful wood box and they are heavenly, i can put them down lol and they add so much color to my work, i don't find them too soft at all and they haven't crumbled yet but i have a very light hand :p

i also recieved my velour pastel paper and some loose pencils....i'm so happy :clap:

jess:wave:

Trilby
09-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Felt the same way when my box of Great Americans arrived. I'm happy for you! Paint up a storm now and have fun. don't you feel absolutely rich now?
TJ

jessamina
09-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Felt the same way when my box of Great Americans arrived. I'm happy for you! Paint up a storm now and have fun. don't you feel absolutely rich now?
TJ

oh i do! it's such an amazing feeling, i feel like a kid in a candy store lol plus now i have all the colors i need so i have nothing holding me back....wow lol

i can't wait to do a new pastel with them, they have added so much life to the pastels i'm doing now :D

i can't wait to try out the velour paper too.

jess

*Marina*
09-02-2005, 03:09 AM
Felt the same when I got my box of Senneliers. All those beautiful colours. Did you get them via a mail order? I am worried that when I do a mail order the pastels will arrive in bits.

DLJohnson
09-02-2005, 04:06 AM
I understand, believe me. They are scrumptious. Enjoy and welcome to wetcanvas.

Donna

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2005/7846-cake.gif

Bringer
09-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Hi,

I also bought Senneliers recently and I like their colours and mine don't crumble either.
I bought a set of 80 halfs.

«Felt the same when I got my box of Senneliers. All those beautiful colours. Did you get them via a mail order? I am worried that when I do a mail order the pastels will arrive in bits.»

Marina, mine came from USA and arrived fine.

Regards,

José

DLJohnson
09-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Hi all,

I had to jump in here to say that the half sticks are a bit bigger around it seems and crumble way less for some reason. Maybe they manufacture them differently, different machine and a slightly different formula possibly.

My Diane Townsends crumble way more, still like them though.

I have 2 sets of NuPastels, both came from DickBlick at different times. The first set had one broken. The second were all broken in 2 or 3 places except maybe 5 sticks. I had over 50 of Diane's in bits (which they were willing to replace, but I didn't bother, I should have though - ooops). My Sennies came in perfect condition.

So, it seems to depend on luck. The things are more delicate than glass.

And it is so fun when they come (whole) except when hubby sees yet another UPS truck.

I have a new grin I have developed for those moments.

Donna

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2005/7846-painterportrait.gif

*Marina*
09-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Jose, Thanks for the information. I will probably order some faber castell polychromos. I was worried doing it because I was worried they would break during transport. Did you have to pay import duties? Did you get your Senneliers from Dick Blick?

Bringer
09-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Hi marina,

I have ordered from ASW Express. It was my second order.
The first time I sent for colourfix paper and didn't pay any duties.
This time I paid for VAT and other things. It went through customs. Maybe due to being more valuable, I don't know.
I think it may be related to exploiting taxes here in Portugal. I paid something like 25 Euro, I guess.
If you send for them, be sure to talk with them or emailing - I always prefer to talk - and ask to send in a way not to go through customs i.e. to send to U.S. Post, not UPS or alikes. I think it should NOT be sent as a parcel, since it will go through customs.
Take a look at http://www.usps.com to get an idea of prices and services.

Regards,

José