PDA

View Full Version : WIP Scratchboard Water Lilies

TrickyV
09-01-2005, 03:32 PM
So this is where Scrathers hang out ! Congtats Val, Hi there Bob and everyone else.
Water Lilies is my latest in the works but have'nt decided how I want to finish it. So far it is a 5" X 7" Clayboard totaly done in stippling .Any sugestions are very welcome. Victor :wave: :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2005/62776-IMG_0454_resize_exposure.JPG

myorca
09-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi Victor! long time no type!! THis is looking great!! You have come a LONG way my friend!! :)

Bob

quirky
09-01-2005, 06:12 PM
It looks absolutely ethereal!

TrickyV
09-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi Bob.. So nice to hear from you again. I hear thru the Canvas vine that you have not been well. Sure hope that what ever it was has passed and you are back to your old (?) self again. yuk, yuk. Thanks for your kind words. I have been working diligently and hard. So far I think I am up to #15 clayboards !! At the moment I have a pinched nerve in my neck so I can't do much on the computer. At the drawing board it does'nt seem too bad. Also my computer got fried. Lost everything on the hard drive and completely fried the mother board and CPU. I did have some of my familiy pictures on a disc but had to re-photograph ALL of my art work. What a job !!! However I'm still smiling. Best wishes and good health my Friend.....Victor
Oh yes , I have been jury selected to show my stuff in a large art show here.

Wendy...Thank you for the expression ( I think it was good )

Obedec
09-01-2005, 10:07 PM
This is fascinating...I'm "pulling up a chair" to watch how it progresses. Bob, you were sick????
Karen H

Mary Woodul
09-01-2005, 11:19 PM
This is gorgeous work. I had not seen scratchboard in stippling. It is stunning.

myorca
09-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Victor and Karen,

I am doing so-so Victor. Alot of you folks know that back in '98 I had liver, kidney and respiratory failure and was on life support for a few months in a drug induced coma so I wouldnt use too much oxygen, to allow my lungs to heal. From that I lost one of my kidneys and the other is now failing with dialysis right around the corner. My entire spine is fused from a rare form of arthritis called Ankylosing Spondylitis leaving me with no movement in my entire spine/neck. Between the two of these issues day to day activities are to put it mildly a real chore. I have good days, however the bad days out number the good and lately they have been no fun at all.

I still trudge along as I know things could be a WHOLE lot worse than they are. I am honored and blessed to be able to create my artwork and other artsy work AND get paid! All in all.....LIFE IS GOOD!

Bob

Obedec
09-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Aw Bob,
I'm sorry. You are such a good e-friend, I hope things turn around or at least level out.
Karen

nithya_swamy
09-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Hi Victor,
It looks fascinating.. In stippling?!!! It looks gorgeous... this medium amazes me.. and such breathtaking works surely motivate beginners like me..:)

cheers,
nithya

TrickyV
09-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Karen, Mary, Nithya.........Yes it is stippling, sure takes a lot of (stipples ?) Thank you all and I will keep on trying.

Bob........Hang in there Buddy.

valchina612
09-03-2005, 04:48 AM
Thankyou Victor. I love all of your scratchboarding, and this one is no exception. I love your stippling, and your patience in doing it. I think you chose a wonderful subject for your stippling, as the multi-petals lend themselves so well to it. I am looking so forward to seeing what you come up with next. And a big Congratulations for being jury-selected for a big Show. And I do hope your pinched nerve is soon better -- I know how painful they are, as I had one for the first half of this year in the small of my back. Great work. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bob, I send my very best wishes to you, and do hope and pray that in time you can have more good days than bad ones. I know that is probably a big wish, but we can always be hopeful, and I admire your wonderfully positive attitude. All the very, very best.

Val. :wave:

myorca
09-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Thank you Val, if you dont have a good attitude there would no sense in doing anything.

By the way, you and I share the same birthday!! :)

Bob