PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Library - Progress

Kathryn Wilson
08-31-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi All - last month it was discussed that the Pastel Library needed updating and re-organizing. I have been in the process of moving threads to the Library from the Soft Pastel Forum.

I tried to review the threads that were not rated on the basis of was there something to be learned, a good demonstration, a detailed WIP with lots of photos and discussion with elements of technique in them, information on products, and etc.

I know I have probably missed some good threads - so here is what I suggest: please, from this date going forward if you want to see a thread go to the Library, rate the thread (which can be found in the blue bar above the thread); if enough people rate the thread excellent, then gold stars will appear next to the title and I can find it easily.

If there are demos that you would like to see happen, let us know. We have an over abundance of landscape threads, but not enough portraits, still lifes, and animal portraits. (PM me if you want to do a demo)

This is your forum, your Library - it's what you put into it that will make it the best on WC.

My next project is to review the threads in Pastel Talk (groan) and Carly will be reviewing the threads in the Oil Pastel forum. Then we can go on to re-organizing the Library once all the threads are in there. Be patient, this could take a while.

I want to thank Impete (Mikki) for doing a draft re-organization for us. It will be a big help.

Any question or suggestions, let 'er rip.

SweetBabyJ
09-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Oh this is great!! Do you need help with some kind of organization for the threads? Like "These are about composition, these about landscape, these about portrait colours"? Be glad to lend a hand like that- maybe if we can catagorize it a bit, things'd be even easier to find?

Kathryn Wilson
09-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Julie, Mikki already has done a draft re-organization - I have it saved for when we get ready to pull threads into the categories. I've been so busy with reviewing threads, that I've not had a chance to think beyond that.

Thanks for your offer to help - I'll see what I can come up with to use all your extra energy. :evil:

Trilby
09-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Kat, many thanks and kudus for all your hard work. The library will be such a greater resource thanks to you and to those who have helped out.
TJ

Kathryn Wilson
09-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks TJ - unfortunately only the Mods have the software capabilities to move this stuff around - so the major task will fall to us.

*Marina*
09-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Kat, thanks a lot for all the effort and time you put in to get the library up to date. A lot of useful stuff here. Much appreciated.