PDA

View Full Version : FND - Whaddya mean my hour's up?

baquitania
01-12-2002, 12:27 AM
Okay some of you said an hour was too long, too short, just enough, but regardless you all pulled it off... Here's my effort, which took the full hour, cause I spent 10 minutes after 8pm looking for a mechanical pencil to fit my 2b leads!

And I didn't finish posting this right up till chat time... :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2002/bafndangel.jpg

And here is a detail...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2002/baqfndangel.jpg

Bobby

sherville
01-12-2002, 02:05 AM
Whoa Bobby, this is wonderful. I love those very dark darks you got happening.

This was a success, this whole drawing thing, I'm glad your noggin thought it up, it's so cool to see how everyone handles a drawing with limited time.

mebucko
01-12-2002, 10:00 AM
Bobby,
First, let me say that your drawing is pretty danged good! It's so clean and to the point, very detailed! You have a definite sketch appeal! I noticed that yours, (and somebody else's) and mine were pretty much the same as far as the cropping went, I thought that was weird.
Anyway, I want to thank you for all of the trouble that you went through getting this off the ground, I realize that it was not THAT easy to do. Very, very good idea, this. You asked me in your response to my sketch if I would do this again, Heck yeah! I had a tremendous amount of fun, and nervous energy that I haven't had for a loooong time. Being 'forced' to draw in a certain amount of time has it's drawbacks, but also has something that you can't buy in a bottle either! (Well, O.K., maybe a Duff!:D) I had never in my life been in a chatroom before either, so that was a first too. I swear I could hear the clamor of people, clinking of glasses, and feel the cool night air on "The Roof", and the atmosphere was filled with old friends and new. I tried to go to sleep a few hours later, and just couldn't, I also woke up several times in the night and thought about everybody, AND their drawings! So, I guess it's safe to say I had a very good time. I would have given the night a 2 thumbs up, had it not been for the DWI I got on the way home from "The Roof"!:D
Thank you very much for taking the time to host the party of the year! (Oh, and the drawing was kind'a fun too!:D)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif

Oh yeah, if anybody finds my pants, would you kindly call me at BR-549? thank you!

Luvy
01-12-2002, 11:46 AM
Thanks for this exercise and the chat afterward. Please excuse Bucko's behavior. I'll return the lamp shade tomorrow.

You're work is perfect. *S* No smudges? I even got smudges using paint LOL

dodger
01-12-2002, 12:40 PM
Hey ((((Bobby)))!!!!

This was really a lot of fun... I love your sketching style, & the subject you chose sure looks familiar... I can appreciate it from a more intimate viewpoint... I KNOW this angel! ;)

The whole exercise is something I used to do way back in art school, & apart from doing animal sketches, I really am rusty at this. An hour is a great time frame... any more than that, & it would turn into a "project".

Great work on the whole thing, Bobby... thanks! :D

So, when are we going to the Met to do this for real? ;)

pencils4me
01-12-2002, 12:46 PM
Yes your hours up -- You made the time limit so no whining about it now! .... LOL! :evil:

I always find your lines so precise and "to the point" so to speak -your work never ceases to amaze me.

Glad this angel worked for you - but hey could you button up her top there?

TJ

ZOTMA
01-12-2002, 01:18 PM
That was fun, chaotic in the chatroom (I confess I'm a chatrookie, only ever chatted with one person atta time) but fun. Great idea and I'd definitely do it again (maybe next time Mebucko can duck getting arrested for taking his socks off).

your drawing is really well done, great definition keeping with the sketch style, very graceful in line. no surprise though impressive.

It's cool to see all the drawings together. In considering the duration, you can clearly see the method of attack in each and the direction each artist goes in an hour. Fascinating. A treat and an education. The exercise I found I needed myself, I doddle when drawing so severly, this forces a certain efficiency. Need practice. I'm looking forward to the next.

Thanks again Bobby!

addphan
01-12-2002, 01:25 PM
well done...thanks for the assignment. great idea...let's do more. unfortunately, i couldn't meet everyone in the chat room. sounds like it was a good time. i live in california so it was my dinner hour(6pm). had to go out and eat w/ the fam. maybe next time. again, nice sketch.

andy

sajemak
01-12-2002, 04:08 PM
Awesome job Bobby! :clap:

I did my drawing and finished just a bit ago. I posted it in the drawing thread. Is that where I put it?

Samantha

arourapope
01-12-2002, 07:18 PM
Sounds like you guys had a blast! I'm sorry I missed this. Them's pretty busy hours on the homestead for me (got boy to bathe, feed, and tuck in bed. :) ) All the drawings I've seen from last night are great though. Maybe one of these Fridays I'll get a chance to sit in with you.
I wanted to ask what the name of this sculpture is, though. It's awesomely beautiful and has me very intriqued.
Aurora

impetuous
01-13-2002, 06:19 AM
this is just awesome Bobby! :clap:
as soon as I saw this ref pic start to download, I knew that you'd do this one ...it screamed out for you to draw it.

btw. great idea. great fun. and cant wait until the next one!

agnesdale
02-25-2010, 07:20 AM
well hope to catch up next friday...sounds like loads of fun..

Charlie's Mum
02-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Agnes, this is a very old thread and the posters are probably not around here any more!