View Full Version : "Beneath the Wave"

Jan-Michael
01-11-2002, 08:57 PM
bryce4
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2002/BWAVE.jpg

lori
01-11-2002, 09:01 PM
jan...

you know what i just realised when i saw this about you????

i think you're a frustrated sculptor!!!!!!! ;)

seriously, i would love to see some of these made into 3-d metal objects...they scream to be made into tactile surfaces...i keep smudging my monitor...lol.

very nice.

Jan-Michael
01-11-2002, 09:15 PM
lori... lol.. I do miss my hands in clay.. :)
nothing feels better... I have some of my digital sculptures in that forum if you have time...:)

Luis Guerreiro
01-18-2002, 07:17 AM
Hi Jan-Michael,
This one together with "Dark Night" are absolutely stunning. I love them both. I'd like to know more about what support, medium type (oils, acrylics, etc...) and methodology approach you used (air-brush, etc...).
Thanks

PS: Hi Lori, pleased to "see" you again. I've been away for too long I know. Busy times, my old PC had a bad "fit" and changes in private life all at the same time. I've been painting too by the way! :D

Jan-Michael
01-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Luis ... thank so much for commenting... these images are all digital... both done in Bryce4... with what we call post work in Photoshop...post work is just fixing the rough things that didn't work out in bryce 3d... guess you would call it blending... smoothing out the parts that need it...:)

Luis Guerreiro
01-18-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Jan-Michael
Luis ... thank so much for commenting... these images are all digital... both done in Bryce4... with what we call post work in Photoshop...post work is just fixing the rough things that didn't work out in bryce 3d... guess you would call it blending... smoothing out the parts that need it...:)
Jan-Michael,
Thanks for your reply. The result is astonishing. I am fascinated with both pictures, and "Dark Night" in particular. Please accept my warmest congratulations.
Luis :)

berlindoctor
01-19-2002, 11:16 PM
Not to sound disrespectful in the least, but what makes this piece good? Please go into as much detail as possible..

-tbd

Luis Guerreiro
01-22-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by berlindoctor
Not to sound disrespectful in the least, but what makes this piece good? Please go into as much detail as possible..
-tbd
What makes this piece good to me may not necessarily make it a good piece for you. That's the whole purpose of Art I suppose. Art is liberating and free expression in whatever form it assumes at a given point in time. This piece was produced using digital media, which is absolutely fine. What makes it so good to me is that the Artist worked the forms and the colours shades in a way that is pleasing to the eye, expressive in content and interesting. The result is harmonious, decorative three-dimensional, which I think was one of the Artist's objectives.