PDA

View Full Version : wde 27th aug purple and pink flowers MI

Fleur
08-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Hello!
Here are my flowery things. First of all, my "success", (maybe you don't agree of course.. ;) , but by this I mean, the only one that I'm reasonably happy with. Done in CP, which is a bit of a cheek, cos I know what Flamelily's cps are like, so how I dare to show mine, heavens knows!!! :evil: Followed by my 2 failures, in the spirit of showing what hasn't worked!!! The 2nd pansies is watercolour, or masquerading as water colour...the colours somewhat muddy I find, and the geranium blooms, started out as water colour then I added watercolour pencil, and it didn't improve things at all. I had intended to do the full geranium, but lost heart as I kept getting "lost!, and still got lost even with this crap, I mean crop!!! ;)

These are 2.50 x3.50 on water colour card. You will have noticed of course that I have been bitten by the ACEO bug, but heck, aren't they fiddly to do!!!? But I had fun, so Flamelily, thanks for the lovely pics and thanks for hosting.I have to walk the dogs now, but I will be back to check you lot out and.... to talk about "my home is where the heart is!"
See you!
Marie-Dom
PS: Be careful of what you say or I'll suggest you do trade with me then!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Maybe I aught to start an ACEO trade project. What do you think???

brynmr
08-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Nice work Marie! But I love the second two the best. :)

beebluefern
08-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Marie all of your posies are so beautiful. Great ACEO's. Are you serious about the ACEO trade? I've wanted to do some of those, but never knew what I'd do with them once I had finished them...so never did!! Your flowers are just so soft and very appealing! They would beautiful framed and hung together!! (little white or antique gold frames... :D )

mbeckett
08-27-2005, 02:17 PM
nicely done, Fleur! I think they'd look good in a frame triple matted.

Charlie's Mum
08-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Stop that mewling now M-D!!!!!
These are all lovely - but my fav has to be #3 - I think that one's super!

Are ACEO's like ATCs? There was a project for them earlier - don't know if it's wrapped up or not.

I'd just call them miniatures and post in the Mini forum!

Fleur
08-27-2005, 03:41 PM
hey guys! isn't it strange that what is one's favourite isn't necessarily the favourite of someone else???
ACEO I think is the same as ACT, though one you can sell and the other you trade. Yep, I'm serious about trading Beebluefern!
Maureen, I must check out that project you mentioned, but yeh, when all's said and done they're minis after all! Boy they are fussy though!!!
OK, no more mewling...... :cat: :wink2:
Now, my home: here it is.
Though I live in Guernsey, my heart is in France, where I would live given half a chance, unless it were Sark, but I guess it would really be France. I love the lifestyle there, I feel very much at home and real there. And this little postcard is a little watercolour I did last week whilst I was there of the area I have a home in. it's greener in RL. Hope you like it. I love walking along the river here, and it's easy to believe that civilisation hasn't hit here, no sounds and smells of cars etc. Just peaceful and beautiful and surrounded by birds and green!
Marie-Dom

Flame Lily
08-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Fabulous art cards Marie-Dom! :clap: I can't pick a favorite, I think they're all beautiful - all the colors you've used are very attractive. I love pansies, they're so delicate. I've been thinking about doing art cards for future WDE's because they probably would be nice and quick.

The watercolor you did in France is lovely! How wonderful to have a home in France, if I had one there - I bet I'd leave my heart behind each time I'm away too :wave:

khourianya
08-27-2005, 07:24 PM
I love those pansies! Sooo pretty.

silverflagon
08-27-2005, 07:45 PM
I love them all Fleur, but the second one is my favourite. :clap: :clap: :clap:

My sister visited Jersey and loved it but I bet the smaller islands are the best, especially Sark.

No cars, that sounds like pure heaven.

HRH Goldie
08-27-2005, 08:02 PM
I love the first, second, third and the fourth Marie-Dom!!!!
Anytime you are the least bit unhappy with your florals you must post them to me lol!
Your pansies are especially well observed and the river is delightfully light of touch. Very feminine the lot! :clap: :clap: :clap: :wave:

ams
08-27-2005, 08:45 PM
All three are nice but I think that like you, I like the first the best. Maybe I'm partial to colored pencil! :D I was amazed when I saw that they were miniatures. I expected them to be larger.

Anne

beebluefern
08-28-2005, 12:25 AM
hey guys! isn't it strange that what is one's favourite isn't necessarily the favourite of someone else???
ACEO I think is the same as ACT, though one you can sell and the other you trade. Yep, I'm serious about trading Beebluefern!
Maureen, I must check out that project you mentioned, but yeh, when all's said and done they're minis after all! Boy they are fussy though!!!
OK, no more mewling...... :cat: :wink2:
Now, my home: here it is.
Though I live in Guernsey, my heart is in France, where I would live given half a chance, unless it were Sark, but I guess it would really be France. I love the lifestyle there, I feel very much at home and real there. And this little postcard is a little watercolour I did last week whilst I was there of the area I have a home in. it's greener in RL. Hope you like it. I love walking along the river here, and it's easy to believe that civilisation hasn't hit here, no sounds and smells of cars etc. Just peaceful and beautiful and surrounded by birds and green!
Marie-Dom

Marie, what a lovely place! I lived in Europe when I was a child and I have always wanted to go back there to live. Sadly, I don't think I ever will, but hopefully can visit again before I get too old!!! Not too many places left here in the US that are not shoulder to shoulder people. I like the quietness of the countryside and there was plenty of that...and beautiful..over there.

We need to talk about trading then! I sure would like to do this with several people , wouldn't you? It would be fun!!! Let's talk!

maritajill
08-28-2005, 05:52 AM
Hi Marie - I love them all both your favourite and the softer coloured 3rd - which has the same colour feel as your delicate French landscape.
I love Guernsey - but I could understand you loving France even more - I guess small islands can be constricting to live on.
Marita

robynsin
08-28-2005, 07:18 AM
Hi Marie,

These are all beautiful - and how could you not be happy with 2 & 3. Makes me want to try again myself. France - sigh - that's very pretty.

robyn

TauCetiV
08-28-2005, 07:45 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2005/44366-goldstar.gif very nice!

cmwynn
08-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Glad I don't have to choose, I can just enjoy them all. The flowers are lovely, but I especially like the landscape, both the scene itself and your loose redition of it.

bjcpaints
08-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Oh blah, blah, blah, your excuses Marie-Dom! These are lovely and your postcard - exquisite!
Barbara

lorna12
08-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Oh blah, blah, blah, your excuses Marie-Dom! These are lovely and your postcard - exquisite!
Barbara

ROFL...I couldn't agree more!! :wink2: :D

connievanwinssen
08-29-2005, 04:45 AM
I like all three, but after careful consideration I think I like the first one best! :)

silgurt
08-29-2005, 06:09 AM
These are all three very nice...I do espescially like that first one as there's nice light and reflection from the petals.

Reese

Dewi
08-31-2005, 12:33 PM
All of them are good love the first pansies too

*Deirdre*
08-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Stop that mewling now M-D!!!!!
These are all lovely - but my fav has to be #3 - I think that one's super!

Are ACEO's like ATCs? There was a project for them earlier - don't know if it's wrapped up or not.

I'd just call them miniatures and post in the Mini forum!
Absolutely agree! Well done you! :clap: :clap: :clap: Vote gopes to no 3!

YYcat
09-01-2005, 04:12 PM
You made beautiful flowers Marie-Dom, you wc of France is great. :clap: :clap: :clap: