PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find the right school... help!

AirBrushGoddess
08-26-2005, 02:11 AM
I am not fond of the traditional ways of 'Art School'... what I am looking for is a class specifically teaching portrait art of any medium. Does anyone know of any? An art institute maybe, or a college program? Or even if it was just a 6 week course. Also, does anyone know of any art scholarships available?

Taxguy
08-26-2005, 10:33 AM
What you want, which I have recommended to relatives, are atlier schools. Check out the Art Renewal Center. They specialize in portrait art and other classical art. They are taught the way artists have been taught for centuries: using a master artist with some assistants.

My parents used to be art dealers. What few fine arts don't seem to know is that there is a strong market for those that can paint the classical way akin to what Michaelangelo would do.Be warned, it is a very tough skill to master,but if you do, you will NOT be a starving artist.

To find Atlier schools near you, go to:www.artrenewal.com

Good luck.

AirBrushGoddess
08-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Thank you Taxguy!! I will look into that! :)

Keith Russell
08-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Another things you can do is pick up a copy of The Artists magazine, or maybe American Artist.

There are numerous portrait seminars and workshops throughoug the US each year, taught by many of the top portrait artists in the country.

Good luck,

Keith.

AirBrushGoddess
08-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Thank you Keith!!! I'll do that :)

Keith Russell
09-06-2005, 01:31 PM
One other thing; does Airbrush Action still offer the Airbrush Getaway workshops? I took the 'Illustration' workshop in 1994, and learned a ton...

Keith.

AirBrushGoddess
09-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Yes they do, my only problem right now is finding the money to go to some workshops :( I'm hoping to find a school that I can use my portfolio to try and get a scholarship.