PDA

View Full Version : Mystic forest

maha
01-10-2002, 04:56 PM
I sketched this with pencil and then lightened and darkened some areas in photoshop. Comments welcome.

RedShoes
01-11-2002, 10:03 AM
Very cool effect! I like this alot!!

Jason Seiler
01-11-2002, 07:39 PM
Looks great! What is it for? What was your referance? Reminds me of the LORD OF THE RINGS.
Great work!!
-take care,:D

LarrySeiler
01-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Interesting work Maha....

this is an opportunity for you, drawing, to think like a painter. Outdoors, painters will use the light as negative space to help sculpt their foilage and make more believable trees.

What I would like to see you do, either with an eraser as a drawing tool, or on photoshop...is take out some spots in those masses of foilage you have where light is penetrating to suggest that the mass is a mass of leaf shapes. Also, edges are very important, which require breaking up...and those lower edges would make for more convincing trees by doing so.

I did a quick few changes myself, thinking along the lines of a landscape painter. Light not only penetrates as you have so well shown us here, but it "illuminates"...thus, to get the full effect, it would help to have light sparkling and illuminating the suggestion of some foilage on the forest floor. I also slightly diffused some of the edges of the light beams as they get nearer the forest floor. I like your composition arrangement. Take care...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2002/forest2.jpg

-Larry

Bendaini
01-13-2002, 04:09 PM
I liked the original a lot, and still thinkit should be posted in drawing forum perhaps, but i think with the little dapples its even better.

Very lovely....
crissy

troll
01-17-2002, 08:07 PM
this is awesome!!!

baquitania
01-18-2002, 01:22 PM
cool effect larry, looks like it was done with masking fluid... maha, this is nice to see in comparrison to your other stuff, though i love the cartoons... :D nice work

Bobby

Bebelina
01-19-2002, 12:07 PM
That was very nice. :)