PDA

View Full Version : Yorky or whomever can answer.....

Becky-Bob
08-19-2005, 10:10 PM
I have a question. Now, I shared my "Nitsa's Challenge" rose and martini glass in the August Gallery. I did a link to this forum, as I thought it rather weird that I should post it over in the Watercolor Gallery, as everyone has already seen it here. Now, maybe if I understood the logistics of all of this it would make more sense to me. I've been thinking here....*snicker*.....and I wondered if this might be the case, since I don't see that the Watercolor Studio is a linkable forum on the list. Is it not kosher that I should link to the Studio forum then....as some of those viewing the August Gallery would be non-artists, non-members....or am I just blowing hot air and shouldn't think so much.

What I am asking is.....is it necessary for me to post a finished painting in the Watercolor Gallery before posting any paintings in the August Gallery...because the link actually has to come from there?

painterbear
08-20-2005, 07:12 AM
Becky,

You can post your link to the thread here in the Studio just as you can to a thread in the Gallery. Just copy the URL of your Studio thread and past it in the Thumbnail Gallery description paragraph when you post the painting there. It isn't necessary to also post in the Gallery unless you want to.

The Studio does exist, even if it isn't listed in the lineup like the other sub-forums. That glitch has been noticed and Doug is trying to get it fixed.

But if I understand your question correctly, you can place a link to the Studio thread in your Thumbnail Gallery post. Hope this helped. ;)

Sylvia

Yorky
08-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Sylvia said it, Becky. The Studio is listed in the rolling list bottom right - which is the one I use.

Just navigate to your thread in the Studio, highlight the http.. url at the top of your browser CTRL+C to copy it, then when you put your painting in the Watercolor Gallery click on the link icon type "comment here" ENTER then CTRL+V to paste the url into the link then Enter. You will get a blue underlined "comment here" link which when clicked will take people to your thread in the Studio to leave their comments.

Same thing applies to the Thumbnail Gallery - except there is no link icon, just paste in the url in your description so folks can find the original thread.

Doug

Becky-Bob
08-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Ohhh OK. I just thought it was done purposely because the Studio was more a private forum not accessible by the general public but JUST for the artists. I see. I appreciate the input! Thank you so much! :)