PDA

View Full Version : marbles

decoratorgirl
08-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Well, I have not posted here is a looooooooooooooong time. Felt good to pick up the pastel sticks again. I have been intrigued with the reference pic of the marbles for a long time (can't remember who posted it) and wanted to try my hand at it. Just started- this is about 1 hours work so far.
Thanks
Leslie

ponting
08-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Yup Leslie.....you definately have all of your marbles there!

What is it about these wonderful little jewels that grabs all of us at one time or another?

This is great for one hours work....I will be watching to see how it goes.

Good Luck, Dianna :wave:

decoratorgirl
08-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks Dianna

CM Neidhofer
08-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Excellent! :)

decoratorgirl
08-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks so much Christy- I am having fun with this one!

Lynn Quinn
08-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Great job so far, and it looks like great fun!

Artaholic
08-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Ha , ha I thought that I was in the wrong forum when I saw your title as was just over in the glass looking at some beautiful marbles :) Nice job :clap: :clap:

Ruth Grinstead
08-18-2005, 02:11 AM
Hi Leslie

Your marbles look great at the hour mark, I shall be watching with interest.

Ruth

decoratorgirl
08-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Here is an update after another hour/ hour and half's work. Like a closeup crop- may consider cropping- what do you think?? Could crop vertically or horizontally. Will work on details and shadows more from here. Sure I will see things that need fixing once I post. All comments and suggestions welcomed.
Thanks
Leslie

decoratorgirl
08-18-2005, 12:14 PM
another update. The shadow colors don't seem to be showing well. There is more color there. Oh well...

CM Neidhofer
08-18-2005, 12:48 PM
I like the cropped version a little better. In the larger version, the marbles seem to..somehow...be rolling uphill to the upper right corner?? :confused: Maybe the surface they're sitting on needs to appear a little more horizontal?? I'm no expert by any means, just my opinion.

Christine

Mikki Petersen
08-18-2005, 02:01 PM
You have certainly captured the glassy, shiny translucense of those marbles. I do think the shadows could be punched up a lot and might correct the tilt that Christy talks about. Also check the red marble in the upper right corner...it could be camer adistortion but it looks egg shaped in the image we are seeing. All the other marbles are so truly round that the oval really stands out to my eye. You are doing a beautiful job on this painting. Won't it be lovely framed and hanging?

Mikki

decoratorgirl
08-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Thanks Mikki- I puched up the shadows and you're right about the red marble- thanks- I will fix that!
Thanks so much for your comments! I will post the final soon. And yes- I can't wiat to have this one framed and to hang! :>)
Leslie

Nicoclaus
08-18-2005, 03:48 PM
You have certainly captured the glassy, shiny translucense of those marbles. I do think the shadows could be punched up a lot and might correct the tilt that Christy talks about. Also check the red marble in the upper right corner...it could be camer adistortion but it looks egg shaped in the image we are seeing. All the other marbles are so truly round that the oval really stands out to my eye. You are doing a beautiful job on this painting. Won't it be lovely framed and hanging?

Mikki

I agree ;)

Orchidacea
08-18-2005, 05:56 PM
This is great. You've done a terrific job so far. I can't wait to see the final product!

Paula Ford
08-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Wow...beautiful colors...they look so shiny!!

decoratorgirl
08-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Here is the final pic (I think :>)
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. This was so much fun!!!!!!
Leslie

CindyW
08-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Leslie, this is a very fun colorful piece and you've done a great job showing the glass quality!
Cindy

decoratorgirl
08-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks so much!