PDA

View Full Version : posted my nudes

kjsspot
01-09-2002, 09:38 PM
OK ya'll. I finally posted 4 nudes on ebay (and met a lot of flack from my mom in doing so. <g>) Anyway, I'll be interested in seeing if the hits increase. LoL

leesmith
01-10-2002, 09:15 AM
Extremely nice work! I like the fact that your figures are everyday bodies, with imperfections, not some "pin up".

Hope they sell well for you! Your mom shouldn't worry, they are very tasteful and well done.

Lee

snakum
01-10-2002, 12:00 PM
KJ ...

Have you had much luck selling on Ebay? It would, at first glance, appear to be an excellent outlet, but as I looked thru some other work there it appears things move pretty slowly. Is this a recent development - due to general economic downturn - or has art always moved slowly on Ebay?

Lee ...

NC must be second only to NY for largest number of Wet Canvas lurkers ... small world isn't it?

Thanks for the info ...

Minh 'Snakum' Thong

Epicurea
01-10-2002, 05:17 PM
I hear nudes sell really well on ebay...good luck & keep us updated!

Cassandra

CathyD
01-11-2002, 02:13 AM
I had browsed through the art on ebay and it would appear that not much is selling, and last week my views were lower than normal but I still had sales. The sales come right at the end of that auction. Today I had an auction end, and there was not one bid until this morning. I had started it pretty low, 9.99 and there were two bidders bidding and it ended up selling for 29.51! Still pretty low, but I am happy to sell it.

I find if I have quite a few auctions going, I get more people looking at my art because as they run across one painting that leads to more of mine.... at least that's my philosophy for the moment... I will tell you if I change it next week after my bunch of auctions end.

I think we need to start a new discussion of sure fire ways to get your auctions noticed.... Then everyone can put their best tip on!

Ok.... I will start!

kjsspot
01-25-2002, 05:31 PM
Pulling this back up to the top for an update. <g>

I have not sold a single nude on ebay. Yes, to answer the other question, I normally do pretty well on ebay. It seems that right now sales are down, however, my profits are up from last month, so THAT is good. =) But that I attribute to learning my way around.

Now, I tried my first Featured Plus with great success. I just sold an abstract for $108.51 + S&H. I am VERY happy about that! PLUS it got 1200+ page views! WHEW!! I'm putting another up tonight.

With my nudes, on my first run I listed them at $49.99 (since they are larger, 18x24")with a Buy It Now for $75. No sale.

So I relisted them at $24.99 with a BIN for $49.99. AND I changed the catagory to Collectibles:Art, Animation & Photo Images:Art:Artistic Nudes per someone's recommendation. AND I tried the Featured Plus for one of them but I lost out on that gamble. <g> Ah well. Still no sale.

So, I am trying once more. <g> I'll be putting them up tonight for a 10 day auction with a starting price of $9.99 and a BIN for $24.99. LoL AND I'm going to list them in two catagories. The one mentioned before, plus Antiques&Art:Art:Drawings:Contemporary (1950-Now)

I hope I can find the right combo for these cause I still have two more semesters of figure drawing left!! LoL LoL Maybe Yahoo... LoL

kjsspot
01-25-2002, 05:35 PM
Oh how funny!! LoL WetCanvas changed the colon and the D in Antiques&Art:Art:Drawings:Contemporary (1950-Now) to a smiley. LoL LoL LoL

snakum
01-25-2002, 07:55 PM
... it is an interesting thread. I hope to give Ebay a try by this summer. I feel like I could now in pastel but I imagine oils will sell higher.

Minh

CarlyHardy
01-25-2002, 09:53 PM
Cathy....I think its even funnier that it turned the word into

"rawings" with a :D

LOL
carly

kjsspot
01-25-2002, 09:58 PM
ROTFLMBO!!! Carly I didn't even notice that!! That is funny! =)

And Minh, I do think you're right. Oils seem to sell for higher. But then you have the drying time as well.

leesmith
01-26-2002, 01:13 AM
Snakum, pardon me for ignoring your post! I haven't been here much lately.

It is a really SMALL world when I meet a fellow Greensborian, lol,
right here at WC!

Try as I might, I couldn't not turn upsidedown to see your pix but I'll say this, upsidedown, you favor a guy I used to work with in Greensboro, he is an artist ( commercial ) Bill L. BUT he should be gray by now!

Lee