PDA

View Full Version : Commissioned Portrait

Holly_Marie
08-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Hey everyone! Been a while since I've come around here! I figured I should get back into the swing of things!

Anyway, just wanted some opinions... I've put an auction on eBay for a commissioned portrait. I guess I'm just asking what everyone thinks of what it says/price/etc??? And I guess maybe to spread the word to anyone you know who may be interested!*?*

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7342948954&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks guys!
~Holly

Karin Wells
08-16-2005, 12:02 AM
I have recently put some giclees on eBay and although I was told it was "impossible" to sell there - I did manage to sell one. Unfortunately I have been to busy to put on more for now.

In theorey, eBay ought to be very good for artists and buyers - someday soon (I hope).

How are you doing with your portraits via this venue?

Your work is very nice and - I think - a real bargain!

Archaic
08-16-2005, 12:08 AM
I have never tried to sell anything on ebay before so cannot really comment on that side of things, but did want to jump in to let you know that I love your picture. Whoever buys it is certainly getting a fantastic work of art.

Troy Rochford
08-16-2005, 12:42 AM
Holly your work is fantastic, but I think this is going to be a tough sell. I also think that you're potentially selling yourself short by affixing a price blindly. Your work is good enough to command more money than you are asking if the portrait happens to be complicated. Good luck though. :)

deborahbart
08-16-2005, 07:03 AM
wonderful wonderful work - I love the girl picking flowers - STUNNING!

arteitaliana
08-16-2005, 07:55 AM
Wonderful work. I wish you the best success that can be had on ebay.

maneh
08-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi there, this is a great drawing, with expression and life. Good look in trying to sell it! And remember, if it takes some time to sell it, don't worry, even Rembrandt had some hard times selling portraits.

TeAnne
08-16-2005, 10:18 AM
I agree, simply beautiful :) Good luck

Fozbot
08-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Holly, i've thought about trying what you're doing. my biggest fear was getting so many requests that i couldn't keep up! especially when you offer to do family and family pets. my experience with request drawings was the poor quality of the photos provided. a lot of the pets were deceased so new photos were impossible to come by. i'm sure with the excellent quality of your work you'll get a huge response! hope you'll get better quality photos to work from than i have. it was a good idea to include the fact that YOU would decide what would work as a reference and what wouldn't. Best of luck!!

i reread your link site and now see you're auctioning just one commission. Good thinking!!!

Holly_Marie
08-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks everyone for the well-wishing! ;)

eBay is a little tricky because of how HUGE it's become, so sometimes it's hard to sell anything on there... I just didn't know where else to get such a large amount of people to see my work and know that I do commissions!... we'll see how it goes! *fingers crossed*

Mike_Beeman
08-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Holly
Beautiful work...I wish you the best and will watch to see how it develops!