PDA

View Full Version : WDE AUG8 - Late Cows (acrylic)

stevenbg
08-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Sorry for being so late to contribute this week.
I didn't get a chance to do any painting until this afternoon.
I wanted to try something new, so I tried acrylics on watercolor paper.
I'm pretty sure that I exceeded the 2-hour time limit on this one, but I don't know by how much, as I forgot to keep track.
I'm still undecided as to whether or not I like working on watercolor paper. It has it's good points and bad points. I may try it again though.
Anyway, here's the result......(yeah I know, the drawing's a little off) :o

(approx. 6X9")
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2005/38431-WDE_COWS.JPG

khourianya
08-09-2005, 10:57 PM
beamoootiful cows! :D

Great job (and you're not late...the week is only just begun! :D)

angelcat
08-09-2005, 11:14 PM
This is beautiful I like the ruminative mood....

kordelia
08-09-2005, 11:54 PM
............. "ruminate"... to chew the cud; to meditate, ponder, or muse........(she is soooo good at this, but i had to look it up!!)

oooookay..... i was just gonna say i like their skin, or fur, or whatever cows have.... AND the stance.... good show!!! :clap: this looks "thick", but did you thin it down for the paper??? it looks great!!

Valri Ary
08-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Holy moley GREAT cows!!!!

These are the kinds of cows that you think of when you drink MILK.....they are very good...your drawing and painting I mean! :clap: :clap:

And, you're not late.......just in time to add to all the cows of the weekend event.

Now, someone PLEEEZE - put all these cowz in one pasture and present them to Connie, K? :rolleyes:

connievanwinssen
08-10-2005, 03:37 AM
Beautiful cows, very lifelike! :clap: Thanks for joining :)

Chiers
08-10-2005, 03:49 AM
Terrific cows Steve! I can even see a shine on their coats.

stevenbg
08-10-2005, 09:52 AM
............. "ruminate"... to chew the cud; to meditate, ponder, or muse........(she is soooo good at this, but i had to look it up!!)

oooookay..... i was just gonna say i like their skin, or fur, or whatever cows have.... AND the stance.... good show!!! :clap: this looks "thick", but did you thin it down for the paper??? it looks great!!
Thank you for the definition...I was going to have to look it up too!

I started out with pretty thin paint, but the paper sucks it up like a sponge, so I had to go pretty thick towards the end, especially with the white.

YYcat
08-11-2005, 03:49 PM
You did very well with the cows. They are life like. It could be around the corner where I live. :D :clap:

ExpressiveAngie
08-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Great looking cows!

silverflagon
08-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Those cows could be here even, just outside our village. I can almost hear them telling the farmer that it's milking time :)
Great bovines Steve.

Steph

artsy_lissa
08-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Add me to the list of those enjoying your cows :clap: ~ Lissa

lorna12
08-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Add me to the list of those enjoying your cows :clap: ~ Lissa

Me, too! Well done!

I meant to add...I paint with acrylics a lot on w/c paper...have you tried a coating of gesso on it before you paint? It really gives an interesting surface to work on that doesn't soak up the paint so much.

stevenbg
08-12-2005, 03:17 AM
Me, too! Well done!

I meant to add...I paint with acrylics a lot on w/c paper...have you tried a coating of gesso on it before you paint? It really gives an interesting surface to work on that doesn't soak up the paint so much.
Thanks for the suggestion Lorna.
I haven't tried that yet, but I sure will.
I think like the idea of working on watercolor paper, 'cause it doesn't intimidate me like a fresh, new pre-stretched canvas does.