PDA

View Full Version : Birds

brushandknife
08-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Here's some more of the bird atlas stuff. Someone wanted some closeups on the pen/ink sight so thought I'd post them here too. Hope you like them.
Carol :wave:

jody007
08-09-2005, 10:47 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Carol,
Wow they just keep getting more beautiful! I really love the goose!
How many more do you like? Can't wait to see the others! :D

Jody :D

brushandknife
08-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks Jody. You're always such a sweetie.
Carol

Piper Ballou
08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Carol, I always look for your new birds..have a soft place in my heart for them. I know you probably have said this already, but where are you getting all your references from?
piper

Lynn Al-Q.
08-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Hi Carol :wave:
I saw your other birds when I was still waiting for my registration to finish so couldn't post at the time. Beautiful work - I've loved them all so far! :clap: :clap: :clap: (although I don't think I've seen as many as 50! :eek: Can't imagine having to complete 100 !!
Lynn

brushandknife
08-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Hi, Lynn. Welcome to the forum and thanks for your kind comments. I only have 40 done, and 80 to do, but that's enough! I haven't posted them all, everyone would be mumbling "get done with the birds already!" :D But I've been posting a few more as some seem to like them. I will be posting another one in progress this morning. Piper, so glad you like them. Actually I never thought to say where I got my reference. I have been carving for years so have books, books, pictures (torn from mags, etc.), photos I've taken, and more books on birds and the people I am doing this for are technically supposed to be suppling me with reference. So I get a few photos the biologist has shot, I've used my carvings, and I have books and photos all around me. I use all that and draw my own "pose". I'm lucky to know my anatomy from the carving so pretty much know how they're "put together". :D
Carol :wave:

cyber_holic
08-12-2005, 08:10 AM
WOW! these are great (as usual). Can't wait for more posts from you! :D

brushandknife
08-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks, Cy- Great Horned Owl will be coming soon. Just a bit of tweaking left. :D
Carol

katz
08-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Beautiful job on all the birds.
I think the first one is my favorite.
Gay