PDA

View Full Version : WDE Invitation for August 12th

mbeckett
08-09-2005, 05:27 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2005/45731-wdeaug13invite.jpg

Hi all!

Put your hiking boots on... we're headed for the mountains! My wife and I went on a day trip to Banff, Alberta Canada earlier this spring and i'll show you what we saw.

I'm never sure what time i will get off work, but i will have the references posted by 7:00pm M.S.T. If I can sneak out of work earlier, I'll post them earlier.

World Time Clock for 7:00pm Mountain Daylight Time (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=12&year=2005&hour=19&min=0&sec=0&p1=80)

Images and/or challenges will be posted 30 minutes before the start of the event, with a title , e.g. “WDE (plus date)IMAGES HERE", and Lightbulb icon.
You have 30 minutes to make your choice and choose your materials.
For the next two hours, just go for it! Use any medium or style – it’s up to you……then STOP!, scan or photograph your work and post it in a new thread with your title, beginning with WDE, plus date, plus title.
Use WIP for any work in progress at the 2 hour mark, and MI for multiple images if other works are to be added before the following Monday.
It’s fun to all participate at the same time but not always possible! Please join in whenever you can – you have a whole week!
After posting your contribution, please view others’ entries and comment and encourage. Unless requested, please refrain from critiquing.

ok... check list....

little arrow on post.... include world time clock link... cut and paste instructions.

Woo hoo! Ready to roll!!! see ya on Friday!

lorna12
08-09-2005, 06:04 PM
YEEEEHAW!!! One of my favorite places in the whole wide world!! Just got home from camping there! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us, Mike.:D

Love the checklist!;):D lol

khourianya
08-09-2005, 06:17 PM
I am sooo there!!! :D

Valri Ary
08-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Back when I was young, wild and crazy (now I am old, wild and crazy! :eek: ) I lived a few ski seasons in Banff. I worked at Sunshine and lived up on the mountain. I was a true ski bum ( I worked only to ski!)...we called the tourists gorbies :evil: (I don't know why but that was our behind the scenes name for them)....soooooo, I say all this trivia to say WOW....it has been forever since I was there so these photos of yours will be a nostalgic walk down memory lane. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I will be there with my skis on...well, I snowboard now...but wait you said it was a spring trip so I guess I need my rock board, right??? :p I'll be there one way or the other!

khourianya
08-09-2005, 10:04 PM
lol :p Valri! I doubt the place has changed since you were there...well, I guess that depends on if you had to be english/japanese bilingual when you worked there. It's almost a requirement now.

Redwine
08-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Hey, my husbend and I took our daughter up through Banff last spring, I wish I had taken more pictures. It was gorgeous. I do have a phobia of painting landscapes and plants so hopefully you'll throw some people in there too, if not I guess I'll have to push myself to go for it and get over my foliage phobia. Look forward to seeing what you have.

mbeckett
08-09-2005, 11:44 PM
sorry, Redwine. Couldn't get any people pictures. I have a camera shy family. there are some critters though. hope that works for you. :)

connievanwinssen
08-10-2005, 07:52 AM
I hope to be there, Mike. Also, If you have only half the fun I had last week, you'll have a fabulous time! :)

ottwork
08-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Oh, Mike - one of my favorite places in North America!!! I can't wait to see these pics - it will take me back to my graduate student days in (of all things) geology - great rocks up there in Alberta!! I hope you've got a few rocky things for me???

Stushnov
08-10-2005, 03:21 PM
What a coinkydink Mike! We were supposed to be in Banff/Canmore this weekend visiting relatives, but alas, we had to cancel our trip because of FIL's illness. I guess I'll get to go on a mini-trip anyway!! Looking forward to it! Landscapes and critters, eh? Looks like it's going to be another weekend of stretching for me!:D

Orchidacea
08-11-2005, 10:48 AM
I've always wanted to go to Banff!! Thanks Mike!! WDE is my new Friday night entertainment--i don't even think about making plans anymore, lol.

katju
08-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi Mike,

I've been away most of the summer but my kids go back to school on Monday so I'm settling back into my school year routine. I'm looking forward to painting with you guys tomorrow. :clap:

Kathy

silverflagon
08-11-2005, 04:22 PM
No people :eek:
Never mind I will get to paint some splendid scenery and animals I'm sure. I hope there are some really wonderful light variations for us to play around with, I can't wait. :clap: :clap: :clap:

*Deirdre*
08-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Mike....It seems I have to wait until 2am Sat.....what will I do on Friday evening? Does this mean I have to talk to him indoors? :evil: :evil: :p

mbeckett
08-11-2005, 06:27 PM
ok... by popular request, i've talked my daughter into allowing a picture of her to be posted. Nothing to do with the Banff trip, but i want happy customers :D ! In fact, i posted it here before in one of our weekly threads a few months ago. So if you're ambitious, you can get a head start... but i'm not telling you where to find it! :evil: :evil: :evil: (cuz i don't know either) Otherwise you'll have to wait)

Diahn... There will be plenty of rocks. Kinda my thing too, from my days studying as a mining engineer... at least until i switched to computer programming. What's a geek like me doing drawing pictures! :rolleyes: :D

Deirdre... you have a couple of options...

1) work the graveyard shift :wink2:
2) move to the right country!!! :evil: :D

I'm sure you'll have 3 or 4 done before i even get off the launch pad anyway. :wink2: If i get home early enough friday, i'll beat the posted time by a couple of hours. here's hoping...

Ruth Grinstead
08-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Oh gosh, Mike, Banff is somewhere I have always wanted to visit, but I shall be asleep at 2.00am so I am off to put post-it notes everywhere so I don't forget tomorrow morning. I am really happy now that hubby is working tomorrow :evil:

Ruth