PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Scumble Aug 7 Thru 13

K Taylor-Green
08-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Good morning everyone! Welcome to our weekly chat thread, our place to talk and visit about the personal things in our lives.

Another family oriented weekend. I kept my daughter's three children yesterday so that they could do the yearly job of staining the hugh, wrap around porch on their log home. I supervised Ethan and Anna in the wading pool for awhile, then all three wanted to play in the sprinkler. Jess and Colin, who is 8, played catch
for awhile, while the two younger ones hung out with me. We took drawing things out on the picnic table, and set up to create.
Then my step-daughter stopped by with her three children, aged 6, 3, and 5 weeks. They stayed the afternoon and evening, and we grilled out. I'd like to say it was an idylic day, and it definitly wasn't a bad day! No one got into fights, and Colin was very patient with the younger ones, but if I bent over to pick up a child once, I bent over a hundred times. Alyssa, aged 3 wanted to boss Anna, who isn't two yet. Anna will not be bossed, which was very frustrating for Alyssa! Keeping an eye on Ethan, who isn't entirely potty trained, keeping Anna from climbing as high as she can on anything, keeping dogs from snatching ice cream cones, ice creme cones running all over 5 children, bandaging a scraped leg, Anna falling backwards out of a door we thought was latched, :eek: Gotta admit, that one took 10 years off my life.
The child actually landed on her feet! Not a scratch on her. Scared the life out of her though.
By the time it was dark, tired and cranky was the order of things, and that was just me!!
AT dusk, Chris and Brad loaded up their 3 to go home. I was fastening car seats into my car to take my daughter's 3 home, when Chris yelled from their van. Could I please come kiss Alyssa, who was screaming in her car seat that she wanted to kiss her Grandma!! Made the day great.
When I got Micki's 3 home, the porch was half done and they want to finish it next Sunday afternoon. Could I do a repeat? Yep, I think I can.

khourianya
08-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Sounds like a busy and thoroughly wonderful day, Kate.

Today was far to weird, not going in to work. I drove Cam downtown, so i could have the car, and now am at home where it is far too quiet. I keep getting emails from the college, saying that they miss me..apparently it is far too quiet there too, I'm thinking, now that i am not there to add to the volume :D

I keep trying to plan my week and am having trouble getting started. It is supposed to rain now for most of it and that does away with my plans to spend alot of time outside painting. It is dry today, so I may head over to the park near my house and do a couple quick paintings...then I am supposed to be going out with Lorna tomorrow to see if we can keep dry.

Anyway - I should go get ready and packed up if I intend to head out and accomplish anything today....

Kathryn Day
08-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone, I had a crazy week/weekend. I went to take my Mother to the dr. on Thursday, she is going to be set up with hospice, as she wants to stay home. I have one sister that lives close and helps with grocery shopping, etc., but will be nice to have some help. I go when I can too. Anyway, while I was at my mother's I got a call from our business that someone was trying to cash a check on our business that we did not know. To make a long story short, when I called the bank three fraudulent checks had already been cashed. So while traveling to Ruidoso, had to close that account and open a new one and try to get uncleared checks ok'd to cash. What a mess.

I did have fun at the reunion. We have an auction, to raise money for the next reunion, so I took 7 paintings that would probably have continued to sit in storage and framed them simply, including double mats and plexiglass. They all auctioned for between $30 and $55, none were bigger than 9x12. Everyone really seemed to like them and it made me feel great.

Kate: your weekend sounds fun, but tiring. When they tell you they love you or need another kiss, it makes it all worthwhile.

Cori: I bet they really miss you at work. Hope you got to paint today. Let us know what you think of plein aire.

scall0way
08-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Kathy, so sorry about your Mom, and the bad checks. What a rotten time. :(

Kate, wow, I thought my weekend was busy! You're wore me out just reading it, LOL.

Mine was fun though no time for art. I did a bunch of shopping on Saturday to get stuff I needed for upcoming vacation. Then at 4 PM I headed into New York City. I picked my son up at his place of summer employment at 57th and Madison, and we then drove towards their apartment at 100th St and 1st Ave. My son had daughter-in-law had decided to take me to dinner at a little hole-in-the-wall place (almost literally) near them called Pio Pio, but as we passed the place we found a parking spot right in front of the restaurant, and parked there, and my DiL walked down to meet us.

We had a great meal all served family-style, an entire roasted chicken cut into quarters, a large salad that included an entire sliced avocado, roasted plantains, and fried calamari, plus a pitcher of sangria. The entire bill for three people, including tip, came to $60, pretty remarkable by NYC prices. After that I visited at their apartment for a bit, then my son drove me in my car to the opera I had gone in to see. That was the main reason for my visit, to see my voice teacher, Liz Perryman, sing the lead in the world premiere of an opera called The Eglantine. It was a concert performance held in a Jewish synagogue and was the story of a Jewish woman and her two children in Germany during WWII - http://www.theeglantine.com/

Like so many operas it was incredibly tragic, with essentially everyone dying at the end, but the music was so glorious I had a wonderful time anyway, and had a nice chat with the composer, Sam Belich, about his piece. Afterwards my son and DiL and their puppy picked me up (in my car) and came out to NJ to spend the night with me.

That was because the next day we had my nephew's 18th birthday party at a wonderful Portuguese rodizio restaurant called Seabras, down in Newark. Newark is famous for its wonderful Portuguese and Spanish restuarants, but Seabra's is especially great, and we had a wonderful time. Then I had to drive son and DiL and grandpuppy back to the city, and pretty much just crashed when I got home. After that big lunch I couldn't touch a bite of food the whole rest of the day, and could even barely eat today! But it was a special occasion so well worth it.

Wednesday night will be my last Life Drawing class for the summer, and I don't imagine I'll get to do much more art than that this week, but during my three weeks up in canada I've vowed to try to do a lot. :D

Debbie C.

Piper Ballou
08-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Kate, I do not think I could begin to keep up with your weekend...but then again I would probably be in the middle of it...sounds so fun.

cori- I always have a little trouble getting started painting when I have some time off, it is sometimes like I just need to rest and detox from life...

Kathy-glad you are close enough to your mom to help out, my husband worked in hospice for years, it is a wonderful program and helpful for the family

Debbie- New York, New York......okay, I can't sing, glad you are having a good time

Tomorrow we had officially back to school, meetings for two days and the kids start back on Thursday. I am going to be a mentor this year, have 4 new teachers, boy oh boy are they scared....think things will work out for them once this week is over.

hope everyone has a joyful and safe week
piper

khourianya
08-09-2005, 12:11 AM
My new article has now been published over in the New Users forum. It's all about user settings in WC! and how to make them work better for you. Just thought I'd let y'all know.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/47843/599/

Kathy - I really enjoyed doing my one plein air piece ever so far so I am thinking I will really enjoy working with better supplies. Tomorrow morning I head out, so i am sure I will have photos and stories by tomorrow night...

Debbie - what a day in New York!! I am so jealous!!! (and you description of all that food has made me very hungry :D)

Piper - I think you've hit the nail on the head. I am hoping today was good for that so I can just go out and paint tomorrow.

But for now, I have some magazine to read (thanks, Kat) so i am going to go lay down with a heating pad on my back (been having bad spasms lately) and enjoy my "new to me" reads!!! :D

CM Neidhofer
08-09-2005, 03:18 PM
I receive this newsletter and thought I would post a link here. Seems like a great way to get more exposure to galleries. Entry fees seem pretty reasonable also. http://www.projekt30.com/main.html

Trilby
08-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Oh my, it's always good to check into the Scumble and Goal Posts after an absence. Nice to see what everyone is up to.
KATE: you take grandmaing very seriously. What a loving day however tireing you described.
CORI: enjoy your time off, destress, and for sure kill those pesky muscle spasms (couldn't have a thing to do with all your recent activity ;) )I'm sure you miss your colleagues and are much missed.
KATY: I am so sorry you are going through this with your mom and glad for you that you will have help.. Hospice is a wonderful program for all. How in the world did they get business checks to fraudulently cash. Good thing it was caught early, what a hassel and unneeded for sure.
DEBBY: what a fine set of occasions you described. Sounded like you had a lot of enjoyment. The opera must of been beautiful.
PIPER: That should be fun and gratifying to shepherd along 4 new bright eyed teachers. Don't let all the work and distractions of school take from your painting though; you are getting too good to let that happen.
CHRISTY: thanks for sharing the link.

I've just spent 4 days and nights in a cow pasture in a lovely green valley over the mountains from my house with my 4Wheel Drive club's annual campout. I had gotten my Jeep wired for towing and was able to take my camping van so was really comfortable. It was cooler there than at my house, though just as rainy. The rains did co operate and didn't interfere with any of our activities. About 26 member families were there in all variety of camping units and with various 4WD rigs to drive. We went on several interesting runs in both day and night from easy to hard.

I was gratified to face the mountain that nearly killed me 15 months ago. I may have been near frozen with terror and couldn't negotiate a 300' section :mad: (another driver took my Jeep through it) :wink2: but essentially none the less I drove the 1 1/2miles of steep, narrow, twisty, rutted Partially washed out shelf of a road overlooking a 1000' deep canyon :cool: . I'm proud that I drove the section where 15 months ago I stood on just one tire as tipped over as my Jeep could go without laying down, hanging over that cliff face :eek: .On this week end's face off trip One of the guys led me down, and several followed for moral support. The rest of the 22 drivers waited down below sending up good energies and prayers. Normally there is a lot of radio chatter on the CBs but everyone was outside of their vehicles, keeping the radio silent so as not to distract me. Then they surprised me at our Bar B Q that night with an ovation and a lot of hugs for me. So I now own that mountain instead of it owning me. And it now carries my name with honor in the club annals.One of the ladies brought me a rum and coke. The medicinal effects shoud be written up in the journals. Immediate release of tension and this cheap drunk never even felt a buzz, the adrenalin had been running so high. A second one hours later after dinner, certainly swakked me. :o

This is a terrific group of people, of families, not unlike the WC group. I have a great time going fout with them into the back country.

Two of us stayed an extra day and I got in some experiments with plein aire sketching. Wonderful time.
TJ

meowmeow
08-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Boy, you all have been so busy! It sounds like mostly nice stuff, although you sound like you are going through a very tough time, Katy. I am so sorry to hear all that about your mother. YOur auction sounds fun though. I'm glad for that at least. The fraudulent check business does not sound like fun. I'm glad you caught it quickly though.

Kate, your weekend sounds hectic, crazy and wonderful. Grandkids are so much fun...and so great to be able to send home! It is wonderful you are able to help your kids out though and to be able to enjoy the grandkids.

Debbie, your weekend sounds yummy! It is terrific to be able to enjoy your kids and have a good meal out. Good for you!

It's amazing to think you are gong back to school already, Piper. Well, good luck! I hope you have terrific kdis this year!

Cori, it's nice to know they miss you...huh? :D

It is super hot here in Maine...and muggy. It looks beautiful out there but no way am I going to set up and paint in that. I did go out and water the garden..there were butterflies on the flowers which seemed to be lingering so I got the camera and was able to get a couple of neat shots. Maybe I can paint them in February! :D WEll, if the heat continues...maybe I will paint them soon! :D
Here's one:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2005/15050-P1010002.JPG

Otherwise not too much happening...I am still resting up from the weekend show. Finally got everything hung back up again. The next show isn't till Labor Day so I figured I would decorate the bare walls with my artwork.
My dad had his 85th birthday a couple of weeks ago and on Monday is my mother's 90th birthday! Whew! I'll go down to Mass. with hubby on Monday morning and we will stop by there on the way back to Maine later in the day and have a little celebratory visit. My mother has never been big on parties for special birthdays, although in the past we always managed to sneak something in. At this point, I think a visit will be just about what she is up for. They are doing amazingly well, considering.

I'm gong to back to reading some summer trash for a bit...you all take care and have a good week!

Sandy

khourianya
08-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Lorna and I lucked out with a beautiful day for painting. Cool, dry and a beautiful spot. I posted my efforts in the plein air forum
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=287675

My heart did stop for a moment when my pastel box slipped as I was packing up and all of my pinks and purples tumbled into the dirt! :eek: (no major breakages, thankfully). Otherwise it was a great day and alot of fun.

TJ - I have no doubt it has been the increased hecticness of my life lately. I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and then painting painting painting. (Keep in mind that sleeping in, for me, means 8am.

K Taylor-Green
08-09-2005, 10:34 PM
OMG TJ!! :eek: I definitly raise a glass in toast. You go, girl! I guess I didn't know you then, cause I don't remember that story!

Happy birthday to both your parents, Sandy! Wow, 90!

Piper, the private school I teach in doesn't start til Sept. It is for extra curriculum for home schooled kids. I'd like to add another county or two to my
schedual. I'm thinking of checking it out.

I think I've recovered from the Grandma weekend! :D

Kathryn Day
08-09-2005, 10:44 PM
Cori, I peeked in the other thread at your paintings. I think you did really great. Was it fun? I have still not ventured out. It is in my plans for the future though.

khourianya
08-09-2005, 10:49 PM
It was alot of fun and I was happy to have someone to go with. The park was quite full of moms and their kids and the kids kept coming up and politely asking if they could see our paintings and asking all kinds of questions. It was so sweet.

Khadres
08-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Sounds like a lovely weekend, TJ, and a wonderful day, Cori! Having been nowhere but here, I have nothing to report. :( Well, that's not strictly true...we took three of the four dogs to the vet this afternoon...an undertaking and a half, let me tell ya. Two of the three take after their human buddies and could lose a few pounds, but Annie was just right...and in as good shape as the others altho she's the oldest at 12 yrs. I had been worried about the small poodly thing, JC, since I've had two black poodles in the past, both of which had heart problems. But apparently JC's heart sounds fine and the coughing is just the typical poodly esophagus problem. Common weight for an Australian Cattle Dog is 49 lbs...ours is 74! And she's not really fat...just HUGE. Anyway a couple hundred lighter in the wallet, but at least they've got their shots and clean bills of health for the next year or so. Ummm, I guess that doesn't really hold a candle to 4WD campouts and waterfall paintouts, tho, does it? ah, well...lol :cool:

SuzySue
08-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Hi All,

Not sure if I've introduce myself or not. I've only be drawing/painting since 2002 and love it. Just having a hard time getting enough practice in with having to work full time. I just run out of energy by the time I get home. So, I have got to make this a higher priority.

Well, my husband is out of town for about two weeks. His father had emergency surgery while in Montana and my hubby flew up to help and then drive them home. When I talk to him on the phone he keeps telling me how beautiful it is up there. His father is doing great. I realized that our parents who are all in their mid to late 70's and are in better share than we are. They all exercise daily.

khourianya
08-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Welcome to the scumble, Sue! As you've probably already noticed, it's a great way to get to know your online friends better.

I'm glad your father in law is doing better. Isn't that just the truth that often our parents are in better shape than we are. My mom lost almost a hundred pounds 10 years ago and walks on her treadmil daily for an hour. I aspire to be as active, but have yet to do it.

You'll have to get your hubby to take loads of photos while he is in Montana so you can paint from them.

Piper Ballou
08-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Sue-Welcome to pastels, you will find the most encouraging people here, looking forward to seeing your work.

TJ- I thought about you this past weekend and wondered how you were doing, glad it did not rain. You must be so thrilled about conquering the mountain, wow, nothing is going to stop you now. :clap: I have a friend that has family over your way and I may catch a ride with her sometime to come for a visit (probably not until next summer or a very long weekend) but that would be fun.

Well, I am off to the races today, first day with kids is tomorrow, I am amazed how many of my returning students have come by to check out the classroom and give me a hug. It is a good feeling that I am making some difference with them.
Piper

K Taylor-Green
08-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Sue, welcome to our Scumble!! :wave: What adorable faces in your signature line.

Sooze, The vet may not be exciting, but my hat is off to you for taking so many at once. :eek: I'll only take two at a time.

Piper, Horse races or car races. I just love horse races.

angecald
08-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Things are pretty quiet here right now. We're getting estimates from plumbers for the new bathroom, so renovating has stopped until that's decided. It's been nice weather, hot but not too humid; I've been able to get out and sketch a bit, and one night I even baked cookies for the first time since about May. My daughter went to Kingston to find a place to live over the school year and got a really good deal, paying less than last year, and the landlord didn't even ask for first and last! And her student loan has been approved, so she's more relaxed (and that makes me more relaxed!). :)

Piper, I hope you have a good first day at school. It's sure to be a busy one.

Sue, welcome. We're all in the same boat here, trying to squeeze the painting in somewhere. You might like to join us in the sketch thread. It's a nice, low-pessure way to participate, because we only do sketches of an hour or less. Nobody's expecting a finished work.

Sooz, I have enough struggle getting 3 cats to the vet, the biggest weighing 32 pounds. You had yourself a big job and you did it. The local vets do a rabies shot clinic every fall that costs only $11 an animal. It should be coming up soon - along with fall, yikes.

Cori, you're certainly making good use of your vacation time. I remember once when I had a hectic schedule and suddenly went on 3 weeks vacation, I slept almost all the first week. I would just doze off whenever I sat down. Second week I woke up, ready to paint all day long. By the third week I was even looking forward to going back to work. We just don't realize how tired we get.

Kathy, I can see this hasn't been the best week you ever had. It's nice that the reunion was fun at least.

Sandy, that's a beautiful photograph. It will be a wonderful reference during the winter.

TJ, you are amazing! What a great group of friends you have, who will walk you through a truly harrowing event, and be a real travelling community. Even so, it took enormous courage to do what you did. I'm raising my glass to you, girl!

Debbie, I really enjoyed hearing about your weekend. You described it all so vividly, that chicken dinner made my mouth water. I checked the link and listened to some of the music, thanks for posting it.

Kate, your children and grandchildren are so lucky to have you. How would they like one of these modern grandmas who says, "I raised my family, now you raise yours. I'm going to the Casino." Mind, I think you're lucky to have them, too. They're all so adorable. :)

pjo
08-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Boy it sounds like most of you had a busy, fulfilling, terrific weekend!
Kate,I'm glad you survived your grandchildren, they are such a blessing, but can be a challenge too. Kisses sure help though.
Kathy-Sorry to hear about your mom, hospice is a great service, I wish you well. And what a terrible mess with your checking account, I'm glad you found out early, and have corrected the situation.
Sandy-I love your photo!
Sooz-We've only got two pooches and I have trouble with taking them both at the same time, I can't imagine taking more.
Sue-Welcome, there are sure some good people here.
Piper-I hope you have a wonderful school year, bless you for teaching, I don't think as a society we say thank you quite enough to our teachers.

As for me, I have had a chance to paint regularly again which has been wonderful. I'm still waiting and praying for our house to sell, its been on the market over 3 months, and we just recently swithced realtors, I hope that does the trick. This afternoon I'm off to take my grandmother shopping and do errands. That's about it there is not much going on here other than trying to finish up a few paintings to enter into the pastel society of NM show, the deadline is the 19th, and I have 2 done, but still need to take the slides and mail them off.

Have a good week everyone.

SuzySue
08-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Well, it took only 2 1/2 years to make it to 100 posts. :clap: :clap:

My hubby and his father are doing fine and actually getting along. Maybe this scare will turn out with a good side effect. His father has not been speaking to him for six months because of a disagreement over politics. So stupid....

But I miss him and he should be home in a few weeks. So, to compensate I'm taking a pastel class next week. That should help.

scall0way
08-12-2005, 02:47 PM
My mom lost almost a hundred pounds 10 years ago and walks on her treadmil daily for an hour.

Lost a hundred pounds! Gosh, I wish I knew how she did it! Well, obvioiusly not eating the way I did last weekend. :) And of course I certainly should exercise more, but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it when it's hot out, hot being anything above 75F!

Well, tomorrow I leave for three weeks in New Brunswick and Quebec's Gaspé penninsula, with very little computer access, so may not see everyone for a while. Stay well ...

Khadres
08-12-2005, 02:58 PM
HAve a great time, Debbie! Take lots of photos!

khourianya
08-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Weight Watchers. She was to the point where she was at around 280lbs on a 5'6" frame and went to do something about it. I am very proud of her for that. It has been a struggle since, though...she has had to go back several times since to keep her weight down...

Khadres
08-12-2005, 03:02 PM
They do seem to work (Weight Watchers) but I just hate the weekly trips to the meetings! Then, of course, it's not exactly cheap either. Still, sounds like your Mom definitely got her money's worth! Good for her!

khourianya
08-12-2005, 03:04 PM
I think it was an empy nest thing. I had just moved away from home and she no longer had to feed me (well, not constantly anyway) so she put the savings toward getting herself healthy.

scall0way
08-12-2005, 04:20 PM
I hear ya Sooz. I've been to Weight Watchers a few times, but I just *loathe* the weekly meetings, and never got anything useful out of them. But I think I've heard there is now a Weight Watchers Online available. I should check that out - but still want to have my lobster when I head north. :)

khourianya
08-12-2005, 07:40 PM
cm sent me an email today about a sidewalk artist named Julian Beever from the UK who does these phenominal works of art that look 3-D, even though they are flat ont he sidewalk. I'd seen most of the images before, but this one was completely new to me and I thought you guys might appreciate it better than most of the people who would recieve the same email:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2005/47843-julianbeever.jpg

SuzySue
08-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Boy if they only came that size.....never running out of your favorite color.....just chip off what ya need...

He work is amazing. Has anybody seen it in person?

Debbie - glad I'm not the only one who hated the weight watchers meeting.

Khadres
08-12-2005, 08:54 PM
I hear ya Sooz. I've been to Weight Watchers a few times, but I just *loathe* the weekly meetings, and never got anything useful out of them. But I think I've heard there is now a Weight Watchers Online available. I should check that out - but still want to have my lobster when I head north. :)

Hey, lobster's okay, innit??? And shrimp...? And clam chowder?!? If not, FORGET it!

Khadres
08-12-2005, 08:55 PM
That 3D thing is awesome, Cori! I love sidewalk art!

khourianya
08-12-2005, 09:06 PM
meee too - I'd love to see his in person...the whole email was filled with amazing stuff...I'll send it to you.

Khadres
08-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks!

Paula Ford
08-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Just stopped in to say hi to everybody. It's been a tough week.

My car has been stalling after driving for 15 minutes or more, so I took it in to a highly recommended garage down the road from where I live. They did a tune-up, rotated the tires, stuff like that. Well, after the tune-up, it ran AWFUL. It had no power (my car has ALWAYS been fast as lightning). I told some of my coworkers so they went outside and looked under the hood. We were all stunned!!! Those idiots left the big hose to the air filter completely unattached, and the other end was completely cracked off. They left several other hoses unplugged. MY CAR HAD NO TRANSMISSION FLUID AND THE OIL WAS AT LEAST 1 1/2 QUARTS TOO FULL. I am LIVID!! My car is a fantastic car and has always run great (except for the recent stalling). I have always taken really good care of it. It only has 84,000 miles on it and it has many more years of life to it. I just don't know what to do.

Besides that, I guess everything is ok. I hope you are all doing well...

Paula

khourianya
08-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Go back - and demand a refund, Paula...from the owner of the repair shop. You paid them to REPAIR your car not leave it in disrepair! Then take that money and get the car fixed at a reputable shop. Either that or demand that shop fixes it properly for free and tell them that the service they give you will be reflected in the rather vocal evaluation you give others of his shop. A good repair shop owner will recognize that it is important to do things correctly.

What a horrible thing to have to experience.

Khadres
08-13-2005, 10:25 PM
I'd report the experience to the BBB, too! And let the shop know that you're going to do thatif they don't set it straight FAST! This happens WAYYYY too often to women who take their cars for service and it makes me soooo tired!

meowmeow
08-13-2005, 10:36 PM
What they all said! Don't let these guys get away with something like that!

Sandy

K Taylor-Green
08-13-2005, 11:56 PM
That's just bull, Paula. How can they stay in business? You don't owe them a dime for that kind of slip shod service.

prestonsega
08-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi ya'll....been busy getting the local citizens show up and runnng these past few weeks...lots of behind the scenes work,,,phone calls, articles for newspapers,,,,,it finally came to gether and we had approx 40 guestss on our Meet the Artists Night,,,,not too bad for a town that has only one traffic light!!!!lol For those interested, I have included a link to a pic posting site that shows the display, library and artists. Looks as if this is going to be a successful annual event. Also been refinishshing frames and getting some of my work framed for my upcoming 2nd Annual 2005 retrospective.......more work than I anticipated, so have put away all the framing supplies and promised myself 2 weeks of painting,,,,,,

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8141332&uid=1315030

khourianya
08-14-2005, 02:58 PM
:clap: Yay Preston!!! Great looking show you had there - how long is it on display for? I'd been wondering where you had gotten to recently. Don't forget to post those new paintings for us to ohh and ahhh over, k :)

Paula Ford
08-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks you guys. I'm planning on being at their front door tomorrow morning when they open to give them a piece of my mind. I tried to drive my car yesterday and barely made it back into my garage. The more I tried to drive it, the worse it got. It looks like they have caused major damage and it looks like I'm mad enough to call an attorney if they don't completely fix my car or give me my money back. It's their choice. I will definately call the BBB Sooz. Thanks for the suggestion. They will not rip me off! I'll keep you posted...

Preston, Long time, no see! Looks like you had a marvelous time!! Glad you shared your show with us!

Paula

Trilby
08-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Way to go Paula! We are behind you.
Preston, great show and what a wonderful event for your community and the community's artists. Yes indeed don't deprive us of seeing your work please.
TJ

pjo
08-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Preston-your show looks wonderful and well attended for such a small community. Enjoy your two weeks of painting and be sure to post some of them for us to see.

Paula-Yuk! It really upsets me how there seems to be so little responsiblity taken for service and products. Good luck on getting your problem solved and/or your money back.

I'm happy to say I've been able to paint a bit more recently, and my back is improving to the point that I can do stuff for about 5 hours or so, before I need to lay down or rest it. We are still waiting for an offer on our house, (if you are a praying person, I would love some additional prayers). On Monday I got off my slides for entry into the New Mexico Pastels Society's National show, and am hoping to finish a couple more paintings to enter in some others in the next month or two. It feels so good to be productive again.