PDA

View Full Version : woodcut in progress

Gisela
01-08-2002, 12:35 AM
I got a Dremel tool yesterday... :D
This is the first proof of 'Goin' Downtown.' My neighbor is a builder and he's been saving all his scrap wood for me. This was all done with the Dremel -- I think I need to clean it up some with the hand tools. I lost control of the thing a couple of times. :p

Gisela

ZOTMA
01-08-2002, 01:10 AM
Fan-flippin-tastic
cool image
great great great work with the tool
(I'm covetting badly)
I've got a minimite that doesn't have the mite I need for this
thanks for showing us and I like it as is
will be interesting to see progression

sassybird
01-08-2002, 08:43 AM
lol Gisela Ya gotta watch that erratic driving:D It takes a bit of practice to handle dremmels, but I am sure that you will get better and better with each piece. This one is looking great! How many colors are you going to add? Are you going to work with more than one plate? I can see different plates ofbig blocks of color laid down to enhance different areas before you print the final image.

Tony Perrotta
01-08-2002, 06:13 PM
Nice job, (don't let the tool throw you)!!!!!!!

Hi Gisela, I got one for X Mas too. Did you use the burr type bits to cut this. I have to get a few. Those tools are great, I am on my second one.

Gisela
01-08-2002, 07:19 PM
Thanks Zotma -- thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Dremel? :D

Thanks Sassy -- the driving is going better now. I hooked up that flexible shaft thingie and it's much easier to hold on to now. Colors? Oh geez, then I've got to deal with registration and for some reason, that gets me all befuddled. I get brain cramps when it comes to registration. :( Duh!
Maybe if I use the back side of the wood and just roll out some blocks of color, like you suggested...ok, I'll try and figure this out.

Thanks Tony -- I'm using the 'cutter' bits. I went and got a couple more sizes today. It only came with one and it was a little too big for the finer line stuff. I hope you're having as much fun with yours!! :D

Bzzzzzzzzzzz
Gisela :D