PDA

View Full Version : WDE--Poor attempt at Windmill

slaterza
08-07-2005, 12:31 PM
I decided to step out of my boundry and try an windmill this week. I did this 2.5" x 3.5" took 2 hours and shows why I do not paint buildings. I was tempted to not even show it then I remembered some advice I gave to another here on Wetcanvas and that was it does not take courage to show our successes it takes courage to show our failures. For me this is it. I do not like very much about thie at all but I will show it anyway. It was guoache on watercolor paper.
Maybe I will try something else and try to do a better job.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Aug-2005/30220-windmill.jpg

khourianya
08-07-2005, 12:38 PM
It'll be hard to top this with a better job - because it is fantastic!!! I think you may be the only person to tackle the windmill this weekend, and i am so happy you did becasue it is awesome!

Stushnov
08-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Sam, that's a wonderful windmill. You did a superb job on the blades (is that what they are called?) Excellent! Nice contrast! :wink2:

slaterza
08-07-2005, 12:55 PM
You all are too kind I pulled it up to see your comments and I still don't like it I think it is just the perfectionist in me. Oh well.
Thanks again for the kind remarks.

lmmilam
08-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Very artistic windmill.. and great for a painting, where nothing is as perfect as a photo.. good shadows, and I love that sky! :clap:

I have no experience with gouache painting.. does it work something like watercolors?

Valri Ary
08-07-2005, 01:11 PM
With the title saying it was not a good attempt imagine my surprise :eek: and delight at seeing a wonderfully painted windmill!!! What is not too like??? Well done. Don't be so hard on yourself and remember ~ it is to try new things that makes WDE so much fun and just gets all oof us out of the usual. Good for you to try and try again.
I LOVE YOUR WINDMILL!!! :clap: :clap:

cmwynn
08-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Very clear windmill and so tiny. Miniatures are another subject altogether.

connievanwinssen
08-07-2005, 02:16 PM
I think your windmill is fantastic. Very real and it looks like I'm standing in front of it looking up. Great job! :)

ottwork
08-08-2005, 04:45 PM
I can't find a thing wrong with this windmill - mat it, frame it, enjoy it!!

*Deirdre*
08-08-2005, 04:49 PM
I can't believe it's so tiny! And you've got detail! Well done. :clap: :clap: :clap: ..I know how hard it was because I did it too! :wink2:

lorna12
08-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Good Grief!! And I thought I was a perfectionist!! This is really lovely and so small with all that detail!! I love the crop you chose to do.....it works very well compositionally. I can't see anything NOT to like about this!

angelcat
08-09-2005, 10:48 AM
This looks very good to me...I feel like I'm almost tipping over backwards looking up at it, and at the clouds moving in the beautiful sky! You have high standards for yourself.

valchina612
08-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Sam, this is great. Could you x-post it in the Miniature Forum -- they'll love it there, and I will even post again saying how great it is -- because it IS. :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

ExpressiveAngie
08-09-2005, 03:38 PM
You are entirely to hard on yourself! Its very good actually.

YYcat
08-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Like everyone said: It's very good!! Nice crop, with the right proportions of the windmill.