PDA

View Full Version : Plunge into acrylics Continued.....

sunnyside44
08-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Here are the updates for the two paintings I posted last week. Had to stop until the weather got a bit more bearable.
C&C welcome.
I would love to here about how to use mediums, such as in what amounts and if they need to be mixed with water first etc.
Regards
M[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]

krystakaye
08-06-2005, 08:34 PM
HI! Still loving these Sunnyside!!!! Like your HELPER peeking around the corner too...heehee. Can't wait to see more of your work!
As for advise on how much water...You may get lots of different answers...My suggestion is to experiment and see what works best for you. I use LOTS of water and glazes in some areas on some paintings and very little in others. I think it is more of a personal preference issue...but then what do I know! ha.
Keep up the good work!!! Krysta

Lady Carol
08-06-2005, 11:23 PM
I use glazing medium all the time and in some cases prefer it to using water. These really are lloking fabulous. Is there any way of getting a bigger look?

Green Pumpkin
08-08-2005, 01:54 AM
You may find that the use of medium instead of just water maintains the pigments' integrity. If you work in washes be sure to add more layers of acrylic (Polymer) on top to ensure a good adhesion to the ground. :)

sunnyside44
08-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks everyone, it all helps. I need to remember that I am painting in an un-ac'd room and that some drying and flow problems are probably related to this.
By the way I am sure there are some great stories behind some of our names. I love all of them and now I can say I know a Green Pumpkin.
Stay cool or comfortable
Regards
M