PDA

View Full Version : Cherries Reflected on Glass

chatfieldstudios
07-06-2005, 04:34 PM
This is my new piece I am working on. Same size as the Cling Peaches, 6.75" x 3.5".

These looked so pretty at Wild Oats the other day I couldn't pass up putting them in my cart...now I have to make cherry cobbler :) What I like about the resource picture is the way the reflections are doubled. I photographed them on a piece of glass on top of black paper. So the first reflection is the top of the glass and then the second less prominent reflection is the bottom of the glass...I don't understand it...it must be a science thing.

I want the cherries and glass to be super smooth when I'm done. I ran across a tip in a recent Artist's Magazine where cp artist Linda Lucas Hardy uses a small bristle brush (like used for oil painting) to blend the colors. I may not be using it like she does, but I am pleased with how it is working. I have never liked the colorless blenders...so I am hoping this is another tool I can use.

I am doing the underpainting in White Verithin, White and French Greys Prismas. Hope to finish today and start color tonight or tomorrow. Need to finish by Friday!

Comments welcome.....

Katherine T
07-06-2005, 05:01 PM
I love this composition (and the last one) - looks like you've got your eye in! What's the % on the French Grey that you use?

What are the length of the bristles and can you show us a picture of it? Sounds abolsutely fascinating.

chatfieldstudios
07-06-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm using a Dick Blick "Masterstroke" #1....left over from my oil painting days.

Linda LH says the bristles need to be 1/2" maximum. My bristles on the #1 are 1/4".

I'm using all the French Greys, 10, 20, 30, 50, 70 and 90%, white and black.

I want a warm palette on this piece so I chose the FG's. The Cool Greys and Warm Greys would be an option that I need to explore.

Thanks! I'm glad you like the composition.

trudette
07-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi,
this is absolutely wonderful .
This is a great wip , it's great to see someone do an underpainting !

Meisie
07-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh I LOVE cherries...and yours are already beautiful!

Meisie

ValorieCox
07-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Lovely piece Cindy. I like that you caught the double shadow refections in the glass so well. :) Val

RobinZ
07-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Stunning!!!

ams
07-06-2005, 06:30 PM
These look great so far. I look forward to seeing them after you add color.

I am going to have to try the bristle brush and see how it works. It's an interesting idea.

Anne

Weezy
07-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Cindy, just recently saw and read that same article. I bought a set of three bristle brushes from Dick Blick that are pastel blending brushes. There are more expensive ones, but these looked like the ticket. They were about 10 bucks for the three together. I am dying to try them, but have not yet.

I love this composition. You seem to be hitting right on with these simple stills. Lovely feel to these.
What support are you using? The Letramax again?

chatfieldstudios
07-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks trudette! I have just recently started doing underpaintings especially working on black. It makes it so much easier...as you work with the underpainting you are only worried about value, not color. I change my resource to a grayscale in Photoshop and use it to do my underpainting. The color goes on quickly after that...because the hard part...shapes and values has been done.

Thank you Meisie...these cherries were irresistable :)

Thank you Val! Thank you Robin! Thank you Anne...I recommend the bristle brush.

It doesn't show up well in the scan but you can almost see the color and I haven't even put any on yet.

Flame Lily
07-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Cindy this is so beautiful :clap: You're on a roll :D

You make it look so easy, but I know it is not because I've tried this and it takes so much time, patience and obviously talent (which I need to acquire) LOL

Wonderful, thanks for sharing!

chatfieldstudios
07-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Thank you so much Liesl! It is hard but I try to draw everyday, sometimes from real life and from time to time I take a life drawing class. Even though I love still lifes and I work from photos I think the real life practice is so important.

Honestly, I have some sort of focus problem...never been diagnosed with anything...but I can only work about 10-20 minutes at a time without a break. So I work, get up and walk around, work, go to the bathroom, work, go get a latte :) , work, check the forums....and so it goes. But I have learned that even that routine can produce some work after a couple of days. It works for me.

I have been at the colored pencils for about 3 years and just have this thing for them. :) Tried oils, pastels, w/c and anything else you can think of. I always come back to the pencils.

Flame Lily
07-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Honestly, I have some sort of focus problem...never been diagnosed with anything...but I can only work about 10-20 minutes at a time without a break. So I work, get up and walk around, work, go to the bathroom, work, go get a latte :) , work, check the forums....and so it goes. But I have learned that even that routine can produce some work after a couple of days. It works for me.Hmm, there must be a name for this, I have this too, only 10-20 minutes is even a stretch for me, it's more like 5-10 minutes before getting up, it's a serious thing, I even have times where I'm down for a minute or two and then up doing something else. I thought it was just me - many times it's getting up to help my kids with something or my older son will be doing school and he'll keep asking me questions, but often times even if they're playing or watching a movie or outside with Dad, I still can't sit still and be at it for very long.

I have been at the colored pencils for about 3 years and just have this thing for them. :) Tried oils, pastels, w/c and anything else you can think of. I always come back to the pencils.You definitely are meant to work in this medium, it's great to see what you're doing.

pinkrybns
07-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Hey another Cindy piece! :cool:

Like Val said, that double reflection is really something!

I seem to have the same work habits as you and Liesl - I work in spurts of 10 - 15 minutes - then have to get up do something else - study the piece and then another 10-15 minutes.
Oh well, I'll be watching you now! :D

:)
~Judy

JayD
07-06-2005, 10:23 PM
I have a cherry project in mind but this has stopped me with jaw dropping. I am not sure I understand--when you use a brush--do you apply any solvents? I want to try this. I would love to see you demonstrate this step by step.

gordoiye
07-06-2005, 10:40 PM
i have a cherry project too - a big ole' fat cherry pie! yum-yum....

you've really got this down to a science - i would love to read that article about the brushing technique; sounds mighty interesting....

... and i took my first life drawing class tonight - man it's not easy!

cheers,
gord

chatfieldstudios
07-06-2005, 11:22 PM
I have a cherry project in mind but this has stopped me with jaw dropping. I am not sure I understand--when you use a brush--do you apply any solvents? I want to try this. I would love to see you demonstrate this step by step.

No solvents, Jay. You just use the bristles of the brush to work the color into the tooth of the paper. Try a little experiment on a piece of your paper you work on. Lay down several layers of color, and then work over it with the brush....try varying the pressure. The bristles need to be about 1/4" to 1/2" to get enough friction to move the pigment around.

I used a little more pressure in the background...a light pressure on the cherries.

Liesl and Judy...were going to have to name this strange disorder :wink2:

Hi Gord...good for you..taking a life drawing class.

Meisie
07-07-2005, 02:27 AM
Cindy can we see a close-up of the bits that you have worked with the brush please? If you are able to scan/photograph a portion? I had not realised that you have already used the brush, I thought you were waiting for the later colour layers.

Wow! Unless I have something pressing happening, I usually sit down for 1-1 1/2 hour increments....am I weird or something ;) :D

Meisie

Katherine T
07-07-2005, 02:40 AM
Wow! Unless I have something pressing happening, I usually sit down for 1-1 1/2 hour increments....am I weird or something ;) :D

MeisieI'm so glad you said that Meisie - I was just about to post and say my disorder involves still being sitting there three hours later without having realised how much time has passed. It's fatal when I'm doing something late on a worknight and I get really into it. I then get involved in negotiating with 'good' self which wants to take me to bed. "You can just do that bit and then you've got to stop" and then I see another bit that just MUST be done to keep the balance going before I park it. And so I do that then........etc

If I'm lucky I remember to get up and make mugs of tea or go to the loo and that keeps me a bit more mobile, otherwise getting up after three hours can mean I'm creaking.

Cindy :o sorry, we've taken over your thread with our wierdness! :eek:

What I was also going to say was would it be possible for you to get somebody to take a photo of your hand/brush/painting so we can see how you use it. Is it a sort of scrubbing motion or a stroking one or what? And do you think it will reduce the number of layers you use? And more suitable for underpainting to get the coverage or would you use it all the way through until the end?

Sorry, I seem to be bombarding you with questions in this thread - but it's always really nice when somebody brings us something new! :D

JayD
07-07-2005, 07:23 AM
I have one more obvious question which, of course, never occurred to me until last night when I was in bed dozing off: do you have trouble cleaning the brushes. Any special method?

BKWYRM
07-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Cindy, this is lovely. I read that article as well and was very intrigued. Can you post a photo of your bristle brush? I imagine it has to be pretty stiff to stand up to the "scrubbing"? And, like JayD, I'd like to know how you keep from "polluting" the colors? Do you have to clean the bristles?

So many questions--so little time!

chatfieldstudios
07-07-2005, 09:46 AM
I see I've missed some replies/questions...I'm off to my paint group this morning, but will try to get back to post this afternoon.

Kathy, I thought I posted a pic of the brush for Katherine, but it seems to have disappeared.

Chisaii
07-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Cindy, the cherries are coming along so nicely and will be waiting to see how you work this to completion.

I agree that the bristle brush method is a good one--I use it myself occasionally. I did notice there seems to be a bit of difference when using the brush on prismas v. polychromos. The prismas blended together like paint leaving an even look, whereas on the polychromos it seemed to remove a small portion of the pigments, which meant I had to layer more colors again to achieve the desired hue. Not a problem, just an observation on how the brush works with different CPs. May have also been the paper--prismas were on Bristol and polys on Stonehenge.

frida
07-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Fabulous Cindy!!! :clap: You do wonderful work... I will be watching you add colour... Thanks for the WIP!

I also found that dry brushing technique interesting, and wanted to try it, as well as Jeffrey's, using solvent between each layer.

Polychromos smudge, Leslie. They are oil-based and chalky, compared with Prismas, with a very waxy base. It's quite easy to remove the Polys pigment when trying to blend that way. A Q-tip, for example, would remove about half (or more) of the pigment from the paper. Maybe it's a question of trying other ways? Packing foam chips attach and blend pastel powder to paper almost without removing it!

darlingart
07-07-2005, 09:48 PM
This is looking stunning already! Can't wait to see it as you start applying colour. And the brush tecnique sounds intriguing, think I might just have to have a try at that one:)

chatfieldstudios
07-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Today's work....Started the background color. It needs a few more layers, the value won't change much...just need to neutralize the green, and trying to decide the best color to do that.

The reflections are done, and the left cherry is done (not the stem).

I also added about 1/4" to the bottom so that I could include the stem and reflection in the picture plane. Some folks thought I should crop it and some thought I should include it...so I included it and I can always crop it out later if I feel I need to.

Weezy, sorry I must have missed your post earlier...I didn't acknowledge it. I am using LetraMax. I think the artist, Linda Lucas Hardy, that talked about drybrushing in the Artist's magazine also said her favorite brush was a pastel bristle brush....might be the same thing you have. I attached a pic of my brush, but it may disappear. I posted one this morning and now it appears to have vanished. :confused:

Hi Meisie :wave: I have used the brush technique as I go. It's not how I read it should be used, Linda LH talked about using it after you get several layers of color down. But I'm so impatient I was brushing about every few minutes. I wish I had enough focus to set still for an hour :o

Katherine, didn't get around to having someone photograph the drybrush technique..I'm kind of in a time constraint. But it's more of a scrubbing motion. It does remove some of the pigment, but it does make it nice and smooht. I've had feedback from lots of people that they use this technique, so I think it's adapted to different people's ways of working.

Jay, if the color is intense...some of it comes off on the brush. I just wipe my brush off on a paper towel. Or my jeans, whichever is closest!!

Hi Chisaii! Thanks...you probably can answer questions better than I can. I'm still trying to figure out how to best use the drybrush!

Hi Raquel!! Sounds like you have done some experimenting too....I'm always trying something new.

Thank you darlingart!!!

Flame Lily
07-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Cindy, thanks for posting a picture of the brush! My wish-list is busting at the seams :eek:

That completed cherry is gorgeous! I like what you're doing with the background and the reflections are great. I also like that you've got more space below the stem that looked like it was touching the bottom before.

Lovely work! I'm looking forward to seeing this finished, thanks for all the info.

Chisaii
07-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Polychromos smudge, Leslie. They are oil-based and chalky, compared with Prismas, with a very waxy base. It's quite easy to remove the Polys pigment when trying to blend that way. A Q-tip, for example, would remove about half (or more) of the pigment from the paper. Maybe it's a question of trying other ways? Packing foam chips attach and blend pastel powder to paper almost without removing it!

Well that explains it!! I don't use them much and was surprised when this happened (duh, should have figured that one out!). :eek: Everyday is a new adventure in here--my brain feels like a sponge. :p Who would have thought that those pesky little foam chips would be good for anything. :confused:

Meisie
07-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Looking great!

Meisie

wet
07-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Cindy this is looking good! I read that brush tip too. I have been wanting to try it. Can't wait to see how it works for you. wanda

JayD
07-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Cindy, thanks for the tip and I have a Ka-TON of those particular brushes!

CAULFIELD
07-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Ooh I will have to try that technique too!

This looks gorgeous Cindy, not that I am surprised. :)

I wouldn't neutralize the green in the bg too much, it could be a great backdrop for that red. :)

Nicole

frida
07-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I went to the beginning of the thread but didn't find any mention of the colours you are using, Cindy... Please??? :D

I LOVE the BG colours, and the way you have varied the values! Why don't you wait until you have done the cherries to see if it needs changing? Those colours are gorgeous!

BKWYRM
07-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Cindy, when you add the colors over the monochrome underpainting, do you use really pure, really bright colors?

chatfieldstudios
07-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Cindy, when you add the colors over the monochrome underpainting, do you use really pure, really bright colors?

No, I don't Kathy. I start with complements in the dark areas. Like on this one I used Dark Green in the the shadow areas of both the cherries and the reflections. I used Dahlia Purple in the shadow areas of the stems.

Then when I am done with the complements which in this case were fairly easy...Dark Green...I then started with the darkest colors over the green. I used Black Grape, Tuscan Red, Raspberry, Scarlet Lake, Orange, Canary Yellow, Deco Pink and White....sort of in that order. But you hop back and forth, or at least I do...thinking..hmmm..I didn't get enough yellow on that layer. Sometimes I put a little white over the lightest parts before I put the next color on. So in essence, I'm working dark to light.

Even at all that...they looked a little "tomato-y" to me, so I'm adding a little Process Red at the end.

Raquel, I hope I have answered your question as well :) :wave:

pinkrybns
07-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Even at all that...they looked a little "tomato-y" to me, so I'm adding a little Process Red at the end.Why?! Process Red is the most fugitive color in the pack. Why not try more Raspberry or Magenta?

Well anyway, this looks so gorgeous Cindy. I think this crop is good and that tip of the stem is important glad you added to the bottom.

chatfieldstudios
07-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Why?! Process Red is the most fugitive color in the pack. Why not try more Raspberry or Magenta?

Well anyway, this looks so gorgeous Cindy. I think this crop is good and that tip of the stem is important glad you added to the bottom.

I can't help myself??? :o I LOVE Process Red. None of the reds are really lightfast, so I try to compensate by spraying with a UV spray and using conservation glass when it's framed. But I did switch to Magenta after I read your post :wink2:

pinkrybns
07-08-2005, 06:33 PM
I can't help myself??? :o I LOVE Process Red. I love Process Red too... and I wish it didn't fade :( - but it's there for cartoonist, printers, layout artists to use to mimic the printing inks process (hence the name). And it does fade between layers too... bummer. Magenta is a good replacement though. ;) :)

RobinZ
07-08-2005, 06:58 PM
How does that work, Judy, how can you tell if it's faded if it's under something else?

Just wondering.

pinkrybns
07-08-2005, 07:08 PM
How does that work, Judy, how can you tell if it's faded if it's under something else?

Just wondering. When I used it in my first RYB Apple the red/orange mixes in the piece were so bright and deep when it was first finished and then a few months later they had dulled and faded. In some areas the fading was really serious. I used a UV fixative on that piece too. And that piece was tucked away in a portfolio, so no light at all was on it - I never had framed it.

And the Flamingo I did, 2 years ago, also faded. I also used the PRed on it between layers of other colors & white. I didn't think at the time that it would fade between layers, but when I looked at that piece again (was also hidden away in a portfolio), I could see it was not as vibrant as it had been. My conclusion, from looking at both the Apple and the Flamingo, was that it was the PRed that had faded since that was the color they had in common.

I just made it a practice to stay away from PRed now. I've only used it for my classes when I teach the color wheel, because those color wheels are not "keepers" per se and then PRed serves its purpose.

Anyway, sorry Cindy we all seem to be highjacking your thread! :eek:

~Judy

lynn1
07-08-2005, 07:14 PM

Just wondering.

Robin..I'm not trying to answer for Judy...but it was explained to me by Bob that even if one uses other colors over a fugitive color..it can never be 100% covered..so it will still fade over time.

RobinZ
07-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Hmmm, always wondered that. I don't use it anyway, but it is interesting...

Back to you, Cindy!!

chatfieldstudios
07-08-2005, 10:38 PM
I think I'm finished. I will put it up for a couple of days to see if there is anything else I want to do to it.

I did a "cease and desist" on the Process Red and used Magenta and White instead.

Hopefully, I have the brightness/contrast adjusted properly. It looks a bit dark on my monitor.

I really liked the drybrush technique. Compared to my other works on black it's very smooth. I will need to play with the technique more. I think it might work better if I waited until I had many layers down, instead of one or two...but that's just my impatience.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and feedback. I did take it to my critique group today. Even though it wasn't finished, I got really good feedback on the composition, values, and color. They also liked the peaches...of course, it is finished, but they really like that one best.

Asher
07-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Beautifully done, Cindy. I've never bothered with underpainting because I always felt that I get purer colors without it. But, I'm really impressed with the amount of red you've gotten over the dark underpainting. The bristle brush technique also looks intriguing.

Sanford

Katherine T
07-09-2005, 04:40 AM
Cindy - this is gorgeous. :clap::
I like the finish you've got on the background and the fact that you've kept parts of the cherries really dark. So, back to your "Fruit series" - what's next?

Flame Lily
07-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Lovely! Well done :clap:

BKWYRM
07-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Simply yummy!

joannd
07-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Gorgeous! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: The look you achieved is amazing!
JoAnn

frida
07-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Absolutely beautiful!!! :clap:

Now... What colours did you use on the BG, and how did you tone it down? :)

lynn1
07-09-2005, 01:47 PM
You did an excellent job on this Cindy. :clap: :wave: :clap:

chatfieldstudios
07-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Thank you Sanford! I appreciate your feedback. I think part of the trick with underpainting on black is to get the white under the areas where you want bright colors. It took me a while to figure that out :)

Hi Katherine, glad to see you are OK and back to your posting. I'm not sure what's next...I'd like to do at least one more in the horizontal format..I'll have to take a trip to Wild Oats and check out the organic fruit. It always looks so pretty.

Thank you Liesl, Kathy, and Joann....thanks for taking time to comment and encourage :wave:

Hi Raquel! I loved the picture of you and your girls in the OTL thread. Made me very nostalgic for the days when my boys were that age...or maybe when I was their mom at that age. ;) Isn't it hard to believe our little ones are all grown now with families of their own?

As for the background :) I used several different values of the French Grey to make the background in it's varied values. I even used white in the brightest areas. Then I started with Dark Green over the darker areas and Celadon Green over the lighter areas...which turned out pretty bright :eek: So then I asked for advice from the "complementary underpainting" queen and she suggested a pinkish color to neutralize it a bit. So I used Henna in the darkest areas and Clay Rose in the lighter areas. Looking back on it I wouldn't have used the Clay Rose because it dulled it pretty heavily...and I've had trouble getting it bright again. I've sprayed several times with fixative and gone over the lighter areas with white. I also warmed up the darker areas with a LITTLE Marine Green...I wanted to warm it up just a little.

It just seems every step is a problem solving opportunity :D Maybe that's why I love colored pencil so...you have PLENTY of time to think of solutions.

chatfieldstudios
07-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Thank you lynn...we must have been posting at the same time... :)

Terri5
07-09-2005, 02:12 PM
I'd love to see a demonstration, too. This is going to be stark raving beautiful. I think that you're one of those lucky people who find art subjects EVERYWHERE. Thank you for sharing the WIP!!

Meisie
07-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Simply beautiful Cindy...and always so many good pieces of advice in your threads!!

Meisie

Weezy
07-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Cindy, this is beoooooooutiful! Wow, girl, this is nice. I love this piece.....what fruit are you immortalizing next? I thought I liked the peaches but, but now I can't decide. Cherries, peaches, cherries, peaches.......fruit salad, maybe?

Chisaii
07-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Absolutely beautiful!!! :clap:

Now... What colours did you use on the BG, and how did you tone it down? :)

Great job, Cindy. :D

FaeLynn
07-11-2005, 07:39 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Hi Cindy~
Wow! How lovely! I could swear I posted a comment earlier on in this project... but I don't see one. Sorry! I did look at this when you first started it and thought wow, is that going to be nice! I'm wondering what happened to my first post.. I can't imagine passing this by without commenting!
It is gorgeous. You did a wonderful job.
This was a great WIP for us who want to try that idea down the road!
Thank you so much!
-Fae Lynn :D

wet
07-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Cindy these turned out so beautiful!! I am going to get one of those brushes. :wave: wanda

chatfieldstudios
07-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Thank you Terri...I've really had to work at finding subjects. When I started I picked photos that looked good to me, so I was pretty much at the mercy and the talent of photographers who were willing to upload their works to our Reference Image Library. But for a while I have been working on taking my own photos...setting up my own still lifes...learning about composition. So I don't think it's luck ;)

Thank you Meisie...glad you find some helpful things.

Hi Weezy...Well, I went to the market yesterday and bought MORE cherries, kiwi, grapes, more peaches, and some beautiful tomatoes with the green vine still attached. I did some photographing today and those darn cherries keep calling me :rolleyes: I think Valorie asked me if I ate them...yes, I'm working on eating the sweet cherries from last week...they're delicious!

Thank you Chisaii....love that name!

Hi FaeLynn and thanks....you know I posted something early on in this thread and I swear it disappeared. Maybe we got caught in that same time warp! Love to see others try working on black with an underpainting.

Hi Wanda! Too bad you're not near me...I've got a ton of these brushes.

catchlight
07-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Those cherries look so delicious, wow, this is so good! And I can't wait for summer, I really need to eat some cherries!

Lucio
07-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Cindy!
This is simply delicious!
Great colors,composition,contrast...
Lucio

CAULFIELD
07-12-2005, 08:30 AM
It turned out wonderful Cindy!! I've got to try that technique!

Nicole

BKWYRM
07-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Cindy, thank you for sharing this excellent piece with us. It's been a very "fruitful" thread. :D

Rosa Weitzel
07-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Wonderful work, so well done, fun to learn a new way to do things. I love your underpainting and then on to full on color. Thanks for the great lesson.

Rosa :o

Katherine T
07-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Are we rating this thread folks? I think it's worth it - very nice piece of work plus a new technique means it makes it in my book.

lynn1
07-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Are we rating this thread folks?

I have. :)

chatfieldstudios
07-12-2005, 07:59 PM
:D :D :D

Katherine T
07-13-2005, 04:18 AM
Another one for the CP Library methinks - but which category? Suggestions? What do you think Cindy?

chatfieldstudios
07-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Some potential categories...

Burnishing, Blending and Solvents (Drybrush blending)
Colored/Black Paper
Grisaille/Underpainting

I think it might fit in the first, as most of the questions were dealing with the technique of drybrush.

Weezy
07-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Cindy, have you ever seen some of Martha Alf's work? You have the same sensitivity for the subject that she possesses. Her stuff hangs in museums. Keep at it, you are on the road. :D :wave:

chatfieldstudios
07-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Cindy, have you ever seen some of Martha Alf's work? You have the same sensitivity for the subject that she possesses. Her stuff hangs in museums. Keep at it, you are on the road. :D :wave:
Well, that just makes my day :D :D I did a google on her and was able to see a few images. Very elegant and simple. I need to do some more research on her. Thanks for the name, and the compliment!!

trudette
07-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Hi Cindy ,
you did a wonderfull job , I love it !
:wave: trudette