PDA

View Full Version : What's on Your Easel Aug 7 - 13

gnu
08-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Morning everyone! lovely clear blue skies after a crisp frosty start to the day here...we've just found out our mild winter is going to last..yay!! we've really only had about 2 cold blasts..then average highs here of about 16.C, some lower of course. (that's spring for us :cool: )..oh and talking of spring saw the first blossom yesterday, hubby saw a lamb..we've got crocus blooming in the garden too..
here's my current easel painting..alla prima(all in one go) to this stage, only thing remaining is a line of arrow shaped trees (pretty pale green), marching right across the canvas, their shadows and some touch ups. The second shot is to show you the texture. Painting these esp to hang in the cafe..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2005/7242-IMG_7849_trees_sm.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2005/7242-IMG_7850_trees_texture_sm.jpg
finished my Bondi Beach, will post it soon..
can't ait to see that eagel, those abstracts and more lovely stuff from you all..

oops, forgot..9.5" x 12.5" , knife., :D

connievanwinssen
08-06-2005, 06:20 PM
beautifully painted Gill! :)

krystakaye
08-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Nice Gill, interesting textures! Krysta

sunnyside44
08-06-2005, 08:30 PM
This is a delicious painting. Rich and the texture makes you want to touch it. I would love to know what you used to get such a painterly effect in addition to your eye and skill.
Your weather sounds heavenly can you ship some up lhere to the northeast of USA....please!!!!
Regards
M

gnu
08-06-2005, 09:19 PM
wow thank you peeps..! I expected to see yours, not just comments on mine :)
I have decided to spend more time on my landscapes in getting the tones right, hence lighter hues, and more time spent greying(adding blue and the complimentary colour to the mix) the background objects.
M The texture is all down to the way I use my knife, more like icing a cake than short strokes..the 'buttery' look comes from adding one wet layer onto another. A lot of what looks like 'detail' is truly just knife movement..one of the reasons I love this tool.. Also. *blowing the sunshine your way* WHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... :D

billyjo30
08-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Here is what is just about finished on my easel. :cat:

krystakaye
08-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Joan, LOVE THIS! The feathers look soft to the touch! Great job! The angle on them is great.

Gnu, still working here...not on the canvas, but as a MOMMY....hopefully I can put the little one to bed soon and get started! Maybe by tomorrow I may have something to share...we'll see!

Lady Carol
08-06-2005, 11:56 PM
This (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286633) came off my easel this week but I am now not certain if it is finished..... referring to the background colour.

PLease feel free to comment on it and suggest alternatives.

gnu
08-07-2005, 12:09 AM
Joan..these two are absoloutely beautiful!!
Krysta..I understand, I did cake decorating when my 3 were little, they thought every Mum decorated wedding cakes!! They were surprised when they found out this wasn't so! :D

krystakaye
08-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Carol, you know I already love this one! The background works with the eyes I think. If you re-did the background...wouldn't you have to go back in and do some of that fur all over again???? :p EEK...I wouldn't change a thing!!!! :D

krystakaye
08-07-2005, 04:43 AM
Okay, got the little one to bed FINALLY..so have been able to paint a little... I am still far from finished but here it is... I got the picture from the ref. lib. by MandyB. I am still working on the vase and flowers (ummm...all of it!) but have started blocking in color on the flowers and layering them along with the vase. Hopefully I will be able to finish this Sunday evening. I added a flower or two and some things to the original photo and turned a flower to face another direction....
The ref. image is THE GOOD ONE HERE...lol, and my progression follows.
It is painted with golden fluid acrylics, on canvas, 18x24

gnu
08-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Krysta..going well ! :clap: I think you've improved on the comp of the flowers actually! just watch that sunflower though, the centre is much bigger and will improve the realism of that particular bloom..Fabulous vase and cloth!!

gnu
08-07-2005, 06:56 AM
hey folks, just tell me off if you don't want C&C..ok? I don't want to annoy you..I am trying hard to only help where I see it might..I really am not just being picky for the sake of it.. :)

KarenU
08-07-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm hoping to get started on this one today....this is the ref photo. I'll see if I can't put together a little WIP as I go along. This is Toby the black lab.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Aug-2005/8095-IM002166.JPG

krystakaye
08-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Gill, Thanks for the input! :D I would rather have an honest oppinion than lots of parise for something mediocre ANYDAY!!!
I am hoping that the composition is better but we'll see when it is done..I tend to OVER-DO it..(from the south and our motto is 'anything worth doing is worth OVER DOING!' ha) I do realize that flower center being small,the center of those flowers look like they are over the petals and that is my reasoning for it being small right now...want to get the petals done first. Probably a backwards way of doing it...but I'm learning! ha. Flowers are always a challenge for me...I dread them...ha. I am concerned about those little red stawberry looking things... (have no clue what they are...ha) -my concern is getting them to look like they have depth...we'll see how it goes! THANKS AGAIN for the input...much appreciated!!

Karen, looks like you are going to have some work on your hands...The dog is beautiful, being all black hair-should be interesting to tackle! Can't wait to see!

Lady Carol
08-07-2005, 03:50 PM
hey folks, just tell me off if you don't want C&C..ok? I don't want to annoy you..I am trying hard to only help where I see it might..I really am not just being picky for the sake of it.. :)
But, that is what this thread is for. Why do you make that statement?

gnu
08-07-2005, 03:58 PM
absoloutely no actual reason, I just wondered if I should only critique if asked, that's all.I sure don't want to put off any new ones by sounding harsh.. :)
I seem to automatically critique these days..

Lady Carol
08-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Critique all you want. That is what this thread is for. We only complain if you are not polite and from reading all of the comments, there has been no problem. You didn't sound harsh either.

Today has been rather quiet anyway and probably you have been the only one to be bothered to say anything.

Incidentally my update (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=286633)

krystakaye
08-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Finally got this finished today...it is still drying but went ahead and took a picture. The vase is coming across as more green than it actually is.... so there is a couple close-ups. I'm not really pleased with the little red berry things...I think if I were to do this again in the future I would replace them with something that I am familiar with and like a bit better.... I changed the arrangment a bit from the ref. photo. This is 15x24 on canvas. Krysta

krystakaye
08-08-2005, 04:27 PM
WOW, didn't mean to run everyone off... WHERE'S EVERYONE'S WORK In PROGRESS???? Man, feeling a bit lonely in here.....ha.

gnu
08-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Beautiful Krysta!! :clap:..you really did improve on it..uh, bigger pic would be nice, then we could REALLY DROOL.. :D
honestly you did awesumly on this!!

krystakaye
08-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks Gill! I like this one except for those red thingys in there! lol I'm sure I could have done better on the shading and such but am pleased with this one at my level thus far!
I wish I knew how to make the picture bigger... I pull it into photoshop from my program "pixela" from my camcorder... I dropped it from 96dpi to 72dpi, but can't make it much bigger without it being over 150kb... any suggestions???? I see all of these really big files and I can't get mine big with the thread reader "allowing" me to download....??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have read the thread on downloads, maybe I missed something...???? Will re-read it.

Silent Jaguar
08-08-2005, 07:50 PM
All of the sudden, after about a month's spurt of ideas and painting one after another...... I RAN OUT OF IDEAS!!!! :eek: AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Sharrm
08-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks Gill! I like this one except for those red thingys in there! lol I'm sure I could have done better on the shading and such but am pleased with this one at my level thus far!
I wish I knew how to make the picture bigger... I pull it into photoshop from my program "pixela" from my camcorder... I dropped it from 96dpi to 72dpi, but can't make it much bigger without it being over 150kb... any suggestions???? I see all of these really big files and I can't get mine big with the thread reader "allowing" me to download....??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have read the thread on downloads, maybe I missed something...???? Will re-read it.

Hi Krysta,
I'm going to try help you with your picture size problem.
You mentioned above that you have a photoshop program. Well I have photoshop Elements 2, that I use to resize my pics, so there are different photoshop programms, but I think the basics are the same. I'm no expert at this, but this is what I do:
First put the pic you what to size into photoshop
Then up on the Tool Bar you will see the word Image, click on it
Then click on the word Resize
Then click on the word Image Size That will open a new box that you have to work in:
First check the box that says; Constrain Proportions
Then next check the box that says; Resample Image.....then I have this open box, that you can change names, and mine is set to: Bicubic So do that Too
Once the above are done, they won't change unless you change them.
The next thing is to go to the box that says Resolution....type in 72 there
Then go to Pixel Dimensions.....you'll see Width and Height
(NOTE: The rules at WetCanvas are :
Portrait style pics Max 600 pixels Height
Landscape style pics Max 500 pixel width)
So lets say my pic that I want to post is a Portrait style, so I type in 600 in the Height Box, and the Width Box is automatically filled. You don't have to do anything else.
Now look at the Document Size Box
You will see the number 8.33 for Height and
6.23 for Width They are atomatically filled in when you do the pixel size. That is quite a large size pic to post size wise so I often change the Document size to 7 for Height or 6, which changes the pixels to a smaller size too, but always smaller than 600 max pixel size for Portrait Style. Same goes for Landscape style.
So that's it You're Done. Just Click the OK Box, and the Pic is resized, ready to post. :)
Hope you understand my post here, and that it helps. Ment to tell you I never look at the l00 kb thing, the uploader, or attachment loader always accepts my pics when I do it this way.
Good Luck :wave:

praiseHisname40
08-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Hi ... This is what I'm working on at the moment. Its my first pet portrait. I got the ref photo from a friend. The first of course is the reference and the second is where I started doing a grissale.. So far I have used titanium white and paynes gray for the dark almost black and mixed some of the paynes grey and white for the lighter parts... I am no where near finished but would like some C&C its always appreciated... Thanks

Its Acrylic of course
12X9 Canson Watercolor paper 120lb :wave:

krystakaye
08-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Sharron, :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to go through the steps. I have photoshop 7.0. It works the same as elements in resizing. I was just trying to keep it under the size "I THOUGHT" we was allowed... THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR THINKING! :rolleyes: ha. I think I have it a bit bigger now..we'll see!!! The files weren't a problem to download...THANKS TO YOU! (The SAD thing is... I have used photoshop for years! I feel like such an idiot! lol- I was trying to get the KB the right size within photoshop...not as the jpeg file it is saved as....DUH! NO WONDER!!! ha...hey, I can laugh at myself now!!!!) :p

Praise His Name, Good Start! Can't wait to see how it goes!!! :clap:

Silent Jaguar...NO!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!! With all the wonderful reference photos available at your FINGER TIPS????? SURELY there is something inspiring to you!!!! COME ON NOW! I have faith in you... Will be lurking about seeing if you post...I've got my EYE on you! :D

Hope everyone has a great rest of the evening/or day! krysta

Sharrm
08-09-2005, 01:08 AM
WooHoo Krysta,
The Pics look great, Glad you worked it out, I was pleased to help. Someone helped me in the past. Pass It Along!!! LOL
Cheers,

Silent Jaguar
08-09-2005, 01:30 AM
Sharron, :)

Silent Jaguar...NO!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!! With all the wonderful reference photos available at your FINGER TIPS????? SURELY there is something inspiring to you!!!! COME ON NOW! I have faith in you... Will be lurking about seeing if you post...I've got my EYE on you! :D
krysta
LOL!!! Do you have any inspirational archaeoastronomy photo references? I just purchased brand new brushes about noon today. Then sat down at my easel with a blank face! I'm being a bit of a bummer, sorry. There was a week long gallery thing I did, and not only no sales for me, but there was not one sale (that I know of) for anybody else either. That was a bit of a downer. Should I get a bunch of pretty women introducing my paintings next time? :cat:

gnu
08-09-2005, 02:42 AM
All of the sudden, after about a month's spurt of ideas and painting one after another...... I RAN OUT OF IDEAS!!!! :eek: AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!
I just don't run out of ideas, but here's where I get a lot of inspiration..
go to someones website, look at their art, see if they do a different colour approach or technique from you, you may find that inspiring. Yet another site may do a very different subject with a technique more commonly used for a different one..eg, pointilism for a portrait, or impressionist still life.
then again a different colour apporach..black and white, or two colours only, or perhaps a diptych offset...
Just have a browse..even thru WC, a different forum, it's amazing where you new idea may come from..or the RLibrary, a pic there just may make you feel you HAVE to paint it..
have fun for a while..chill out and just think of it as reading a good book....

krystakaye
08-09-2005, 04:50 AM
Sharron, You are a sweetheart! Thanks so much! YouBetCha I'll pass it on!!!!

Anawanitia, UHHHHHHH, A what kind of photo?! :confused: lol. Gill has some good ideas for you! I can't imagine not having twenty things I want to paint....I have lists and sketches everywhere of things I want to paint-just never enough time in a day (Plus I'm on this every chance I get! ha- But this is such a great source for ideas and inspirations...just not many people posting in the last couple of days....maybe EVERYONE IS OUT OF IDEAS!!! :eek: ) Well, I must say, those are some nice clean hands you have there...and nice brushes! I can't get close to a brush (even if Im not painting...ha) without getting paint up to my elbow!!!lol Hang in there, you'll find something inspirational soon, I'm sure of it! Joe Majury has posted some new ref. material recently...check it out. Sorry to hear the show didn't go as well as you had hoped...It will get busy soon as everyone starts buying holiday gifts again!

Have a great day/night all! krysta

gnu
08-09-2005, 05:50 AM
YAY Krysta, you got that sunflower done beautifully...I know those berries(I think I heard them called hawthorne? berries recently) I love them in an arrangement, I must get some, not to make you feel bad, it just makes a change from all flowers..
Kaye..great start, my friend has one of these huge dogs as well..(St Bernard)
my suggestion would be to make that patch more irregular, as in the ref.

krystakaye
08-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Gill, Thanks for the sunflower comment... I struggle so much with flowers...Everything else I can look at and see shapes and shades...etc..but when I look at a flower I see a flower! :( It is hard for my minds eye to break it down...working on it though! OH,why not WHIP up a painting with the hawthorn in it and give me a quick lesson? Surely there is someone else out there that struggles with the same problem I have (???). That's a thought for a class in this forum "HOW TO SEE SHAPES, SHADES AND COLOR" although Maureen is doing a BANG UP job of her ink class and has added some color reference in there...Her work is so colorful and cheery! Anyway, just a thought!

Can't wait to see how others are progressing on thier work! Look forward to seeing more :D Krysta

gnu
08-09-2005, 03:48 PM
oooh, a challenge..sure have a lOT on my plate right now, but I would need a pic! ;), don't have one you see! I could do a wip, done plenty before, but in a little while, OK?
got 2 gifts to complete(large), a couple others for a local art show soon, and 3 more for the cafe...so my time is just a tad short..(and I work full time you know, elsewhere..)..:D
Your idea for a lesson is good though, someone may run with it..why not suggest it to JamieWG?

Lady Carol
08-09-2005, 07:21 PM
I hate it when that happens. Have you looked in the Reference Library?

Lady Carol
08-09-2005, 07:25 PM
"HOW TO SEE SHAPES, SHADES AND COLOR"
Duly noted Krista.

krystakaye
08-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Thanks Carol, Can always count on you!!!

Gill, It does sound like you may be a weeeee bit busy...lol. (Gosh, can't imagine anyone that ACTUALLY has a life outside of WET CANVAS!!!! lol)

I have a few paintings going on right now, Will try to get some pics posted soon...krysta

Anda G
08-10-2005, 01:57 AM
Hi everybody. I am VERY new to acrylics. This is my first one using it straight. (Not a wash)
I usually hang out in pastels and portraiture.
I bought these paints at walmart -the cheapo ones. I'm going to get better paints if I like acrylics. I'm getting a feel for them. How much paint, water, strokes, drying time, etc...
:D It's kind of fun. This canvas was a half-used one from a thrift store. I painted over it to use it again.
I'm not finished, but here it is.
Andagail

krystakaye
08-10-2005, 02:01 AM
Andagail, looks like you found a new medium! Very nice work!!!! Welcome to the acrylics forum! Keep it up! This is fantastic! Glad to have you aboard! Krysta

gnu
08-10-2005, 05:13 AM
Anda..Fantastic! :clap: I am soo glad you're having fun, what a fabulous painting...We're going to love seeing your work..keep going, really hope you do go out and get some more acrylics..you should..this is wonderful

lani noa
08-10-2005, 07:29 PM
This is what I am working on this week. I feel that the eyes of the observer don't focus where I want them to focus which is on the face and then spread out from there. I feel the eyes go to the fabric first and I must somehow pull this back and then put more life into the face and eyes. I would enjoy any imput you have. This is my first full body painting and the camera has the colors off some, but the gist is there. It is titled the Dance of Forever.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2005/63271-Dance_of_Forever-sm.jpg

gnu
08-11-2005, 04:19 AM
This is what I am working on this week. I feel that the eyes of the observer don't focus where I want them to focus which is on the face and then spread out from there. I feel the eyes go to the fabric first and I must somehow pull this back and then put more life into the face and eyes. I would enjoy any imput you have. This is my first full body painting and the camera has the colors off some, but the gist is there. It is titled the Dance of Forever.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2005/63271-Dance_of_Forever-sm.jpg
Fantastic! know what I'm going to be doing for some of eternity? Painting colours in space and dancing just like this.. :)
I LOVE the BG, yes you are right the fabric grabs because it's very light in tone by comparison and also lines are very sharp. SO you could focus on the face by:
softening the fabric outline and folds(make them fuzzy)
taking the tone down with glazes of the aqua toned down with a little greyed blue.
add more detail and tonal contrast to the face, and esp the eyes.. even to the lei(?)
but how are you really going to take my eyes away from that amazing background..unbelievable..wow.. :clap:
welcome to the forum (unless you've been here and I missed you, always possible :D)

gnu
08-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Hi, finished this one today. I'm sure there is more I could do but like the darkness of it. The attached photo of the portrait isn't that great...so please excuse it, It is showing more yellow tones than what is there...
Thanks for looking.
fab Krysta... :clap: the collar is perhaps atad distracting in tone, but really the rest is just right...

krystakaye
08-11-2005, 05:14 AM
Lani noa, WHAT A FUN PAINTING! :D I love the things around his ankles, wrists and neck, very realistic. The background is pretty cool, too. What size is this? I really like the way you painted his left leg-the reflections are nice showing almost like he is in front of a fire dancing-a bright star maybe. Very nice start, please post again after you finish up his face, I am anxious to see the final product! Thanks for sharing!!!

Gill, Thanks for the comments!!!! I ALWAYS appreciate what people REALLY feel-thanks!!! Okay, down to business... What part of the collar??? The actual collar behind his head or the side flap to his jacket that is closest to his face??? or ALL OF THE ABOVE? lol. Just want to make sure I understand which you feel is distracting for sure. I haven't varnished it yet so I can still play with it a bit. :)

Krysta

Radical Eel
08-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Krysta, I just want to say your painting is beautiful and very emotional. I love the strong contrast and glowing light!

Radical Eel
08-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Ok, here's what's on my easel. It's 20" x 30". I'm working from the following reference photo (which was taken in a little park in Venice, romantically enough.) :)

gnu
08-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Krysta..the collar in the foreground, just needs toning down a tad, I think..:)
R.E. :D Love those views too, got a few refs like that from here myself! going really good..improved the trunk even!!

Radical Eel
08-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Ok, finished. I call it "Emerald Leaves."

krystakaye
08-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Gill, Thanks for clearing up your thoughts for me...or is it my understanding of your words....lol
That is a part of the field jacket that sticks up like that on the side if it is not zipped and snapped up (where it snaps over the zipper to reduce wind)..Those jackets are incredibly heavy and they don't lay down (they also sound like a ton of bricks in the dryer! lol) because they are so bulky. I probably will tone it down a bit. Thanks so much for you input...MUCH APPRECIATED! It is always good to get views of how others see your work :)

Cedar! Thanks for your compliment!!
On your painting....I love it! I especially love the trunk and the view of it! You should do a couple of the...gosh, the word just left me... side, by side, paintings of it, or a series... I'm sure the correct terminology will come to me later...when I am laying in bed, my eyes will pop open and I will lay there thinking..."that's the word...I've got to remember to tell Cedar!"...lol
krysta

lani noa
08-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Thank you for your input. This is a 24" x 36" Acrylic on Canvas. Yes, I was trying to make it look as though he was facing a fire, the fire of eternal passion. I have played around with the picture of this painting in a painting program and will bring the fabric back and fuzz it out a little similar to what Gill mentioned. I think the place to put the fires reflection is in the eyes to some extent ...perhaps I should bring more light to the face itself?

I will try to post the finished version in the near future.

lani noa
08-12-2005, 01:47 AM
Gill,
I am really happy to be a part of this forum. By the way, I have posted one other picture to the forum last week, it was called, "Paniolo Country Kiss" 7 Aug., if you would like to see another of my paintings.

Misty

alfredart
08-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Okay guys, here we go. I'm not sure why I'm posting this now but I think it's the fact that I haven't posted anything for a week and I'm about to go crazy.
Anyway, after redoing the bedroom from top to bottom my wife talked me into painting something to go over the bed. (oh boy) Looking at the new drapes and beadspread I finaly came up with an idea. I took the colors and the flower shapes from them and worked this little ditty out. Did I say little? This thing is 24X36! I started out by painting the picture frame the same color as the walls. Kinda looks like it's there and it's not. Then I got the idea to paint the canvas the same. So the base for this is latex wall paint. So then I had a frame and a canvas that wasn't there. Then I started laying out the flowers using the same colors that are in the bedspread and so on. Anyway, this is where I'm at right now with a ways to go on it. We'll see how it goes since this is the first thing I've painted for awhile now. And I still don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Peace,
AL

krystakaye
08-12-2005, 05:42 AM
WOW Al, you are incredibly talented! Can't wait to see what you do next! Love the way you are shading it...really pops it out there...please keep us posted!!! TERRIFIC!!!

alfredart
08-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Thanks krysta, you're very kind.
Update from last nights sitting it's starting to look like something now. I'm kinda stuck on what color to do the shelf, I think once I figure that out I'll be close to a finish and I can break my pencils back out.

Peace,
AL

gnu
08-12-2005, 06:33 PM
WOW Al, This is going very well. aside from adding a little darker toning on the shaded side of the vase, you are pretty much done. it's like an tompe d'loil or however that's spelt. you could leave the shelf that colour you know! I wouldn't bring in a new colour that's for sure. ablend of the BG colour and the orangy flower colour perhpas?

Faded
08-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Great variety here as always, and lots of talent too. I'm doing this for my Dad's bday, he asked if I could paint him a car. He handed me about a half dozen ref pics for ideas, this one caught my eye.This is a 1937 Auburn Cord Sedan. I have seen a few Cord convertibles, but this is the first sedan. It's grisaille on 12x16 canvas. I am still unsure as to what to do with all that blank space at the top, maybe I'll just gradiate the color lighter. All comments welcome. Thanks
-David

Radical Eel
08-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Krysta, wow you are really cranking them out!
Al, very nice. You obviously have more patience for details than I do.
And David, I think you have a good start. A gradation of color would work for the top part. I personally would add some interesting clouds, but I don't know how crazy you want to get. :)

krystakaye
08-13-2005, 01:44 AM
David, I am looking forward to this...Great start!!! Do you remember how those old photos used to be "colorized"? They looked sepia-toned, then parts were hand colored in... I am working on one for my dad like that...I have an old fence row behind it and just a pasture behind it. I have put it away to finish up some other things until closer to Christmas..lol..if I REMEMBER IT! ANYWAY, can't wait to see what you do with this!

Cedar, ha, yes I am "cranking them out". I bought my first canvas in May of this year and I have promised myself to paint five or six days a week until the end of the year except during vacations when we are away visiting. So starting at the end of May, I began to paint...and paint...and paint. lol ...I painted on every surface within the house I could find...boxes, stools, ha...even the wooden toilet Lids! I entered a couple things in a local contest and won first place in each catagory I entered which gave me the drive to get better. I figured if I painted consistantly over a period of time I would HAVE to get better...RIGHT? lol I have noticed an improvement with some and just keep trying to SOAK in all the information I can! Since I paint every day, I do one painting in a day or two. Now that my little boy is 2 1/2, I am finding an hour here and there to devote to painting.

krystakaye
09-16-2005, 05:03 PM
A NOTE... This last posted painting was painted prior to knowledge of any issues regarding the possible copyright infringment here at WC. In good faith I painted this with permission from the poster in the WC Reference Libraray. I have since found the same photo by someone else on another site. I am preparing to destroy this canvas as I am uncertain if I have permission to use it now. My appologies to any and all parties involved.

Charlie's Mum
09-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Krysta - see my post in the Swan painting thread - I think the same applies here.

gnu
09-16-2005, 06:10 PM
I too was holding my breath while I checked my ref for one I've done. fortunately ok.
Krysta, don't dedstroy the canvas, paint over it...

krystakaye
09-16-2005, 07:03 PM
This all just makes me sick to my stomach... HOW DEPRESSING!!!! So many have been involved and totally unaware. ugh...

gnu
09-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Makes you want to never use someone elses refs, except those you have met or trust.
it's a good point maybe changing a ref around completely....or only using it to kick start an idea..hard for some of us..

Lady Carol
09-17-2005, 09:18 AM
A NOTE... This last posted painting was painted prior to knowledge of any issues regarding the possible copyright infringment here at WC. In good faith I painted this with permission from the poster in the WC Reference Libraray. I have since found the same photo by someone else on another site. I am preparing to destroy this canvas as I am uncertain if I have permission to use it now. My appologies to any and all parties involved.
Krysta: why destroy it? Hang it in your house. That is not breach of copyright. Selling it is breach of copyright.