PDA

View Full Version : WDE 8-5-05 Rowdy and Hedwig(mi's to follow)

Valri Ary
08-06-2005, 01:00 AM
This took about 2 hours, maybe a little less. I think I will go back and do more to it. I'm pretty happy with it for being a good drawing BUT not so sure I actually captured your kids likeness...........SORRY! Gosh, those boots were hard to do and make look like boots and not cloth covered rubber feet! :eek: :eek: :D

My mom use to cut my hair that short on purpose! :crying: I hated it....it was so funny to read that your daughter actually did a hack job and you tried to fix it. I bet you were a good mom and let her grow her hair long after, weren't you? :cool:

I'm off to paint other things....maybe even a self portrait in the works :p WHO KNOWS?? :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2005/35329-connies_kids_2_hours_wc.jpg

khourianya
08-06-2005, 01:20 AM
:clap: very nice drawing...very nice!

I did a hack job on my hair shortly before my 5th birthday and my mom cut mine short after too (I had really long hair and I hacked it off at the ponytail base so I would have short hair like the boys) After that I had to live with the same chin length bob for the next 5 years! :eek:

Now do that self portrait...if I'm brave this weekend, I may attempt one too..though for now I am just sticking to the cow i have sketched in on my easel!

connievanwinssen
08-06-2005, 03:18 AM
It's a beautiful drawing and the likeness is there too. The photo was not too sharp, but the composition was fun. Great job! and I can't wait to see your selfportrait. :)

cmwynn
08-06-2005, 08:24 AM
What a delightful picture. The boys are cheerful and the boots look good to me.

ottwork
08-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Great drawing! You've definitely captured the mood of this pair!

OzonaLori
08-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Valri,
This is a great drawing- love it! The faces are great, of course, but I love the character you've given their clothing, and their pose looks very natural and comfortable. Excellent!

ExpressiveAngie
08-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Valri, that is FANTASTIC! Really superb. Will definitely check back for the slef portrait.

Queen Bee
08-06-2005, 11:35 AM
You have no need to worry. Your drawing is great.

mbeckett
08-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Great sketch, Val! you've caught that boyish charm in both of them. The likeness is there too.

Orchidacea
08-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Really nice drawing, Valri! It has so much expression.

Chiers
08-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Great sketch Valri!! I would be proud of it.

Valri Ary
08-06-2005, 10:59 PM
And now the dreaded self portrait entry. I really had fun with this and I must confess that Angie's (pastelmama) own self portrait inspired me to just let go and get crazy with the colors and pastel myself to bits and pieces. It was done in the family room big mirror over the fireplace and my head kept moving and so I think my hair looks alot better and fuller in the painting than IRL...and of course a much different color.
BUT, all in all...lots of fun to just let it go and have fun. Thanks Ang for the inspiration and thanks Connie for the assignment. It looks a bit like me....I spent an hour on it. :eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2005/35329-self_portrait_1_hour_wc.jpg

khourianya
08-06-2005, 11:09 PM
ohh - great self portrait, Valri...love all that colour!!!

*Deirdre*
08-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Love the sketch of the children...very good indeed! Your SP too...excellent...full of life! :clap: :clap: :clap:

kordelia
08-07-2005, 01:46 AM
i dont know if this will post... deepat's post is cut in half at the bottom of the page.... but i have to try.............

the drawing is WONderful!!! if i'd had that, i wouldnt have needed the cows!!! the clothing is great, the expressions very natural..... :clap: ..... as is that self portrait.... WOW!!! yes, Angie inspired us both... but WOW that is great!!! i may try it again now that i've seen yours too..... well done, m'friend.... and it didnt take up any more space, neither/nor..... :clap:

connievanwinssen
08-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Great selfportrait Valri! :clap: full of life, beautiful complementary colours and very lifelike! Glad you had fun with it :)

Dewi
08-07-2005, 04:44 AM
Very good drawing of happy children, so look alike and your self potrait too, make me want to try too.

artsy_lissa
08-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Valri I love the children... they are so full of life and spirit :clap: ~ Lissa

Deano
08-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Congratulations on two well done artworks! The graphite looks very believable with the relaxed attitude of children. The portrait is beautiful in color treatment and accurate facial construction. Love 'em both.

silverflagon
08-07-2005, 11:52 AM
You've really caught their expressions beautifully Valri, and two hours is very good going. It took me nearlly that just to get their expression right.LOL! :clap: :clap: :clap:

lmmilam
08-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Both of your pieces have great feeling.. I love those boots! And that self-portrait really sings.. so vibrant and colorful. Great work! :clap:

silverflagon
08-07-2005, 12:21 PM
And now the dreaded self portrait entry. I really had fun with this and I must confess that Angie's (pastelmama) own self portrait inspired me to just let go and get crazy with the colors and pastel myself to bits and pieces. It was done in the family room big mirror over the fireplace and my head kept moving and so I think my hair looks alot better and fuller in the painting than IRL...and of course a much different color.
BUT, all in all...lots of fun to just let it go and have fun. Thanks Ang for the inspiration and thanks Connie for the assignment. It looks a bit like me....I spent an hour on it. :eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2005/35329-self_portrait_1_hour_wc.jpg

I missed this selfportrait Valri, it's so full of life I love it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stushnov
08-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Very nice work Valri!!! I love the sketch of the twins. Great expressions!

Wonderful SP!!! Beautiful colors. It's great the way that you are using different mediums!! I'm seem to be falling back into my same old rut!

Valri Ary
08-07-2005, 06:05 PM
16x20 board that I started something on a long time ago...long enough ago that I forget what my intent was! sooooooooooooooooooooooo...... :rolleyes:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Aug-2005/35329-reused.jpg

I quickly sketched the 3 most prominent bikers on it and started painting over it with gouche paint outside. Outside to enjoy the nice weather and gouche because it was the easiest thing to grab!!! :p

So, what do you think??? Don't quit my day job right? :eek: I spent about an hour painting as it just got too dang hot to stay out there any longer. That and I needed to freshen up my wine and add more ice to it....... :cat:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Aug-2005/35329-biking_in_the_wild_wc.jpg

connievanwinssen
08-07-2005, 06:41 PM
That was a difficult reference, but you managed to make a nice painting out of it. Boy, you have been busy :)

ExpressiveAngie
08-07-2005, 06:56 PM
LOVE the self portrait girlie! Soooo glad I might have any little bit of anything to do with it :)
I think the bicycle painting is fab just needs a little value work. I love the idea of recycled paintings, inspiring!

Helen
08-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Love the drawing of the kids. Your self-portrait looks good too and I agree with Angie... a little work on the values and you'll have a very nice painting of the bicyclers

BeckyMc
08-07-2005, 09:31 PM
WOW Valrie! - you're a hottie!!! :evil: I love the drawing of the kids - you really captured a great likeness. I have to confess, that I considered the biker photo as my self-portrait. One of the cyclists has a rear shot that's quite like mine, so I figured that I'd just stick my hair on her and voila! - self-portrait! Umm - I'm too lazy for that, so I'll see what else I can devise.... Great job on all the paintings! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sharrm
08-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Both of your pieces have great feeling.. I love those boots! And that self-portrait really sings.. so vibrant and colorful. Great work! :clap:
My feelings too. especially like the boys. The bike painting is well done, I looked at it and thought it would be hard to do, so good on you mate. I see you found something to "loosen you up" not too much ice :wink2:

Valri Ary
08-07-2005, 10:39 PM
My feelings too. especially like the boys. The bike painting is well done, I looked at it and thought it would be hard to do, so good on you mate. I see you found something to "loosen you up" not too much ice :wink2:

It took my husband to figure out what the ice meant..DUH!!! I do have very deep blonde roots. :eek:

The bike painting will be messed with a bit this week and see what comes of it. Not holding out for a masterpiece as it was a recycled board.

CHEERS! :wave:

YYcat
08-08-2005, 03:38 PM
A great drawing of the kids, your selfportrait is lovely and colourful, love it. The bikers look good too. Great perspective. :clap: :clap: :clap: