PDA

View Full Version : Posting again after a couple of years

KarenU
08-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Hello everyone. I haven't posted to WC for quite some time. I used to be a guide over in the Pastel forum a couple of years ago, but then life got hectic and I found myself with less time on the computer. I recently relocated from my crazy California life to the more slower pace of Kentucky. I'm hoping now to have more time to spend on my art and participating in the WC forums again.

The past couple of years I've focused primarily on pet portraiture. This one, that I just finished, is my most recent commission of a beautiful little italian greyhound named Scout.

Nice to have some time again to peruse all the great art in the forums!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2005/8095-Scout_Portrait.jpg

krystakaye
08-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi Karen! I attended college at MSU...not far from you.... Nice S...L...O...W... pace there! ha. Glad you posted! Lovely painting, interesting colors. Can't wait to see more! When you are bored, head on over to LBL and see the old homestead...interesting area for reference photos to paint.... KY Dam, Ky Lake, TN river...Golden Pond....you should find lots of interesting things to inspire you! GOOD LUCK! Keep sharing your work..look forward to seeing more! Krysta Kaye

Lady Carol
08-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Hi Karen :wave: welcome back. Fabulous colours and such expressive eyes. How did you come up with that combination of colours? It is very effective. I also like the simplicity of the painting. This also adds to the effectiveness and contributes with the drama between the colours.

maverick
08-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Karen!!!! Welcome back!!!! It's so good to hear from you again!

I haven't posted much in the past few months myself, but I check in now and then. I changed jobs a couple of times and moved. Those events are very distracting and tiring.

Love the dog and the colors! How big is this?

-maverick

praiseHisname40
08-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Hi Karen ... And Welcome Back!!! Good to have you back here... This is excellent I to love the colours.. you have done and excellent job on this little guy. I love the expression in his eyes !

KarenU
08-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments! They are much appreciated. Thanks for making me feel so welcome again.

Mav....it's so good to see you here!!! I sent you an email some time ago but didn't hear back from you. I just assumed it was an old email address and you had moved on. I hope all is well with you and life is treating you good.

This painting is 24"x24" and as far as my color choices go....well, I've never been much of a realist when it comes to color....that's really my thing, along with painting on a black background. For this painting, I went to the client's house to shoot the photos that I was going to work from. I was able to see what their decor and color scheme's were like and I planned the painting around that.

gnu
08-05-2005, 03:38 AM
OK that's just plain SCARY!!! no not the pic, it's you all right, but JUST YESTERDAY!!! I came across your name in the ref library and went hunting for you here..
and here you are posting today!! WOW ...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE having you back!! yay..didn't you give me a skimmer postcard? I think of you everytime I see a documentary, like last week, that features them.wahoo..I soo remember your work and you teaching me about dry brushing to get wood effects..How ARE you??

3chaway9
08-05-2005, 06:52 AM
Hi Karen,
your painting is so so good....i too like the idea of painting to match the decor of the room ....congrats. on a lovely work. :clap: :clap: :clap:

sunnyside44
08-05-2005, 09:52 AM
HI
Sounds like you have been thrugh some heavy stuff but there is only color and life in this peice.
Blue dog...warm blue dog. What a sweetie. You realy caught the personality of the creature in a very modern and colorist way.
Regards
M

KarenU
08-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Thank you Caroline and Sunnyside for the comments, much appreciated!

Gill!....ahhhh the postcard project, that was a fun one wasn't it. I remember the skimmer :) I put all of the postcards I received into a book and since I've just moved, unfortunately it's still in a box somewhere. You made me want to pull it out and browse through it again! It's always a treasure to me to look though it and remember all the people I met through that project. I visited your website, incredible paintings! How are you?

ottwork
08-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Oooohhh...I just love this painting! The colors are terrific, and those EYES!!! Wow. I'm just gonna be quiet now...and enjoy looking!