PDA

View Full Version : Little Boat WIP

mooz49
08-04-2005, 04:18 AM
I did a similar one to this one earlier in the year and put it into a little shop in Rathlin Island and it sold within 2 weeks so I thought I would try another,
Comment & critique always welcome.
Acrylic on a block canvas 12" X 8"
:wave: :
Can you see me waving from here in the North Coast of Ireland?
:wave: :wave: :wave:

krystakaye
08-04-2005, 05:16 AM
Very nice! Love the simplicity of it-nice calming effect! Good job!

Nitsa
08-04-2005, 07:19 AM
Very nice...serene!
The white rock in the water looks a little like it is floating to me but nothing that cannot be resolved by a bit of shadowing.
Is it finished?...I ask because it looks it but the thread title states WIP :confused:

SusF
08-04-2005, 08:36 AM
This is wonderful! I love simplicity in a painting. It sets a nice mood.

Susan

Lady Carol
08-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Looks like early morning fog with a little boated moored close by. Love the effect.

Anita Murphy
08-04-2005, 09:02 AM
This is wonderful. Personally I would stop now if you haven't already. I like it just as it is.

Bertoni
08-04-2005, 09:03 AM
A peaceful scene, well painted! :clap: I can see why you had a sale on the first one!!!

k9artisan
08-04-2005, 09:09 AM
A lovely painting. My only suggestion would to give a hint of a horizon line to seperate the water and sky. Really quite beautiful in it's simplicity.
Amber

mooz49
08-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Oh my goodness ......... I knew there was one reply when I dropped in here quickly this morning and what a surprise to find so many when I come back this afternoon! :D

krystakaye - thank you so much for taking time to make your lovely comment.

Nitsa - I put WIP bacause I was not really sure if it was finished! Thank you for saying that you think it looks finished. My hubby says that the bit that looks a bit like a rock is a float so I maybe have to try and make it look like a float!

Susan - thank you so much for your lovely comment.

Lady Carol - thank you also for your lovely comment.

present - you are so kind and I think I will take your advice ..... well maybe fix the float! I would be so scared of touching the boat and ruining it!

Bertoni - thank you ......... I am so chuffed at all these replies from such wonderful artists!

Amber - thank you and maybe I will pluck up the courage to give it a horizon line!

Lady Carol
08-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Amber - thank you and maybe I will pluck up the courage to give it a horizon line!
I would leave it. Don't add the line. I think it will riun the ethereal-ness of it

3chaway9
08-04-2005, 03:44 PM
:clap: :clap: lovely painting....i love the water....what colour??

:wave: :wave: :wave: yes i see you Mooz

carld
08-04-2005, 09:20 PM
I like it. Boats are quite difficult to draw, this one is very good. I also like the texture.

I think it is finished. Try another one if you want to experiment with horizons or other effects.

Very nice painting.

Carl

Margaret 59
08-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Hi Anne, well done and please don't change it! :clap: :clap: :clap: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Extra waves as they have a long way to go!!!
No I can't see you from NZ but wish I could with those long summer nights and beautiful scenery....heck this is making me homesick even though our scenery is beautiful too. :D

Margaret

praiseHisname40
08-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi... You have done a great job on this !!! I love the feeling of serenity in this painting. I would not change a thing. Ever heard the saying stick a fork in it and call it done ? LOL well I would put my signature on it and call it done . Great Job

mooz49
08-05-2005, 06:32 AM
Lady Carol - thanks ............ I have decided to leave well enough alone! :wave:

3chaway9 - thank you ..... :wave:

Carl - thank you also ....... and I have started another one ....... different boat this time and I am not just as happy with the way it is looking ;)

Margaret - nice to see you here :wave: thank you for your kind comment :wave:

praiseHisname40 - thank you and the fork is in it!! :wave:

suegercag
08-05-2005, 08:26 AM
putting my tuppence in... its beautiful! :clap: :clap:

mooz49
08-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Suegercag - thank you for taking the time to put your tuppence in! :wave: