PDA

View Full Version : Fading Light Meaford

Wayne Gaudon
08-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Edited for a Fix

Wayne Gaudon
08-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Sorry, the picture just doesn't capture this piece because it condenses things and makes them look harder than they should. The glare on the right of the beach is just the reflected light; it's not there. :D
Anyway, enough complaining. Here it is, finished. I repainted the whole thing over as I wasn't happy with a few factors and to me it's easier to work on the whole. 30 inches by 40 inches on wrapped canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2005/5946-acr_beach.jpg
and here is a sample of the brushwork
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2005/5946-strokes.jpg

3chaway9
08-03-2005, 04:19 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Fabulous....Wayne....what a whopper.....are you keeping it for the house? or selling?
really well done...i have never painted anything worth repeating larger...lol

Wayne Gaudon
08-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Thank you Caroline, you are being nice LOL .. this sucks on the photo .. the painting is nice as it shows off with more intensity .. it's in our bedroom hanging on a green wall so it shows off real nice .. I will eventually sell it.

Bertoni
08-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Wayne:
A super looking painting! I bet it looks fantastic up on the wall!! :clap: :clap:

Lady Carol
08-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Huh!!!!!

You finished it already? :eek: So, I am still none the wiser as to how you approach a painting. Would you take pics during your next creation......please!!!!!! You know just a quick snap then back to painting.....quick snap, etc. It will still be alla prima.....promise. :)

Wayne Gaudon
08-03-2005, 08:01 PM
thanks Bertoni and Carol

Carol .. I will have to get my wife to do that for me this weekend. I have a class to do in September and I have no idea how I'm going to pull that off. Hopefully I can get my wife to record my actions in photos and then put something togeather from that. So, you will just have to wait. LOL :D :D :D