PDA

View Full Version : Three Men in a Tub

frogza
08-02-2005, 12:49 PM
This is an ink and watercolor piece. In the children's rhyme it mentions the butcher, baker and candlestick maker, these professions used to engage in price gouging which is where the rhyme comes from. So I took the three industries that I beleive are doing the price gouging today, oil, medical and fast food,(where else do we pay so much for what is really garbage).

Critiques are welcome.

Mary Woodul
08-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Hi Zach! Welcome to Mixed Media and WetCanvas.

Your work is very interesting and appealing. The meaning of it makes it all the more valuable. I think you have executed it with great skills of drawing and color. We would love to see more of your work.

Jakeally
08-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Great drawing and very up to the minute :clap: :clap:

Pars
08-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Wonderful drawing, Zack, so glad to catch it here.

Penny220
08-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Great work and I have to agree with the theme. I can picture a series of these including the politians, insurance agents..... the list goes on.

Meg Ilp
08-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Not commenting on your political/philosophical message, I like the piece overall. However, I think this is a case where the composition would benefit from being centered. I also wasn't sure I liked your background colors, so I tried to change them a bit. I'm not sure I like what I ended up with for background colors, either, but I like them better than the blues. I changed the color of the "beer can" and the metal on the tub to work with the darker purple better, and I increased the intesity of the colors on the subjects.

If you wanted to fix this so that the tub is more centered, you could always do a Klee and affix this to another support (for example, stick it to a piece of cardboard with gel) and glue another strip of paper on the side to even it out.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2005/65669-3MenInATub.jpg