PDA

View Full Version : Mug of Flowers Version 4

Wayne Gaudon
08-01-2005, 10:16 PM
16 x 20 Alla Prima from photo
4th in my series of mug shots.
If you want to see them togeather they are on my website under artist collection. Vir Green, Cad Yellow Light, Raw Umber, Titan White, Dix Purple, Ultramarine Blue, Nap Red, Cad Red Dark Ultra Violet The background is blue-green but very dark in value.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2005/5946-acr_mug4.jpg

Lady Carol
08-01-2005, 11:00 PM
How can you come up with some many variations on the same subject?

Another winner.

Lulu
08-01-2005, 11:04 PM
lovely! and thanks for listing the colours used too.

gnu
08-02-2005, 06:04 AM
uh sorry Wayne, this one doesn't do it for me..I think the red poppies should be completely reversed to hang dwon to the left instead..and too much 'same' green foliage..BUT I do love that mug, for sure.. :clap:

valchina612
08-02-2005, 06:45 AM
Another beauty Wayne -- I really, really like it. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

ShellyF
08-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Beautiful painting! I envy those being able to paint loose. I often start with those intentions, and usually end up so detailed in the end.

Wayne Gaudon
08-02-2005, 10:14 AM
thanks Carol .. Computer Technology

thank you Lulu .. people ask so I may as well just put them in if it helps someone understand where I'm coming from.

Thanks GNU .. maybe next one :D

Thanks Val ..

Shelly, thank you .. a good exercise is to take old pictures and see how many strokes it takes you to capture the picture. Just paint right over it. Anything, paper, old pieces you find at garage sales, anything .. it's only paint and you have to play hard to break old habits. It will get you loose and it will build speed.

decoratorgirl
08-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Oh gosh- I disagree with someone- I LOOOOVE this one- its perfect!

ShellyF
08-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Shelly, thank you .. a good exercise is to take old pictures and see how many strokes it takes you to capture the picture. Just paint right over it. Anything, paper, old pieces you find at garage sales, anything .. it's only paint and you have to play hard to break old habits. It will get you loose and it will build speed.

What a great idea, I will have to give that a try!

Wayne Gaudon
08-03-2005, 06:46 AM
thank you decor

Shelly, you paint so well using the realistic vein that it should not take you long to figure out how to paint simply. Most beginners think it's easy based on looks. Seeing as you are no beginner, so you should find it very interesting and not such a great challange.