PDA

View Full Version : Pearls

3chaway9
07-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Hi all,
i did this 9''x12'' stretched canvas after texturing it with black gesso in a rough daisy pattern....all over.... C&C welcome....i didn't draw it out or take a ref. pic. first...just went right in....Thanks for looking.

Freestyler
07-31-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi Caroline

This is very good, if you did it without a sketch or ref pic. The colours work well together - good contrasts. I like the background and the pearls are excellent. The only slight worry I have is the perspective of the statue/urn - the elliptical shape at the top. I'm thinking that the angle isn't right, but perhaps you intended this?

Karen

jan409
07-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Caroline: It is really good. Love the colors, and the urn. I do agree that maybe the perspective is off a little bit on the statue. Everything else is great. Jan

Wayne Gaudon
07-31-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm with Carol .. the perspecitve is off so I think you should for future take a moment and get it right or let it all slide so the perspective is off all over. LOL .. Ignore me I'm having a stupid moment .. the last 5 pieces I made have all gone in the junk bin. i like the colors and love the red shadow. Over all it's very nice but that elispe is killing it.

Lady Carol
07-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Caroline: wonderful composition. The colours are lovely too. I have to agree that the top of the urn is off. Maybee you wanted it that way to show more in the bowl....? I would also deepen the shadows in the figure a little bit more, this will round out the figure better.

Everything else is great.

3chaway9
07-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks for answering my post...karen....Jan and Wayne....ok so ...i'll need to fix the perspective..on the bowl...i'm always doing that...it's all that bother drawing.....and measuring....oh well as they say....back to the old drawing board...'having a bad day Wayne?'...i think you had worked such long hours before you set out on your mission...you were burnt out....tomorrow is another great painting day.

3chaway9
07-31-2005, 07:18 PM
Hi folks....lol....i honestly never noticed how bad the first image was....what happened i think was...i was looking down on the top of the bowl...and so i could see inside...
instead of standing back and looking forward....i learned something today... i think this is better now...without doing all the drawing stuff.....to late for that.... thanks for looking and the help.

3chaway9
07-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks Carol....i'll see to that...i already deepened the bottom of the dress....so i'll adjust the rest.

chaz
07-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Looking good now caroline. I didn't see the first post, so was wondering what all the hubbub about the urn was. Looked back then. I agree. it's better now.

Chuck

jan409
07-31-2005, 10:25 PM
I found holding your painting up to a mirror, you can see some of what needs to be worked on. things that are not straight, such as my street lamp, It helps me. Jan

Bertoni
08-01-2005, 06:00 AM
The elipse is so much better now! It was an easy fix to a really nice painting!!

3chaway9
08-01-2005, 06:23 AM
Thankyou Chuck....i'm just in nursery school...lol
Jan....good idea
Bertoni....thanks for that....the first one looks so hideous...and i never noticed until it was pointed out to me...onwards and upwards.

Wayne Gaudon
08-01-2005, 06:27 AM
:clap: great recovery .. nice image now. Yup, today is a new one. I brought over the black and whites and they look real cool. Now my son wants another one so I will try and get to that one today also. It's so nice when people love something that you do.

later,

Nitsa
08-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Cha this painting is such an achievement, to paint without a net, without a sketch and then to go back into a painting and change a crucial part of it takes alot of courage and says alot about you as an artist.

It was soooo worth while and the result is a very pleasing, atmospheric still life.

Well done!!! :clap:

3chaway9
08-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Thankyou Wayne .....good luck for today...looking forward to seeing the result. Anita......thanks...yes soldiering on.....with the help...and the versatility of acrylics.

Freestyler
08-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey Caroline

A big improvement! Looks really good now - and I agree about acrylics being so versatile. I tend not to get things right the first time and though I also love oils, I find it very frustrating to fix mistakes with them. :)

3chaway9
08-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Thankyou Karen....for looking and commenting