PDA

View Full Version : E-Bay limited edition prints

Mike_Beeman
07-31-2005, 01:43 AM
Curious as to how others might list their prints on E-Bay. I can't seem to generate any traffic to my auction....suggestions??

Leighott
07-31-2005, 03:03 AM
I was looking at your auction, it says original, but then under style it say impressionist.
So is it an actual painting, did you paint it, or is it a print out of a painting, because you say prints in your question, but your ad on Ebay says, original pastel painting.
I was just wondering which it was?

deborahbart
07-31-2005, 03:57 AM
try more keywords in the title - eg "lilies", "flower", "florals" "shabby chic" "minature" are all highly searched terms.

Some artists are wary of listings being pulled for using the trademarked term "shabby chic" but I don't think the trademark extends to ACEOs, paintings and prints...i think it's homewares only. If you are worried try "chic and shabby" or similar which has the same result.

timelady
07-31-2005, 07:47 AM
I'm assuming you're talking about the 3rd auction, the floral one. The others seem to be originals? (which are lovely, by the way!)

I would list either in the prints category, or is there an ACEO category? (I don't know.) Or miniatures? Take out the words limited edition from your title - you say that in the description and also have chosen repro as the specifics - so you're wasting valuable keyword space! :) Deborah mentioned some ideas, I also though of florals, flower, miniature.

Absolutely lovely pictures, they should sell well!
Tina.

Mike_Beeman
07-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I'm quite sure I understand "chic and shabby" can you tell me more?

try more keywords in the title - eg "lilies", "flower", "florals" "shabby chic" "minature" are all highly searched terms.

Some artists are wary of listings being pulled for using the trademarked term "shabby chic" but I don't think the trademark extends to ACEOs, paintings and prints...i think it's homewares only. If you are worried try "chic and shabby" or similar which has the same result.

Mike_Beeman
07-31-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks everybody..I think I made some of the suggested changes. This is whole approach selling off E-bay is new for me...but fun!

arteitaliana
07-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Your work is very good but the pics lack contrast and luminosity. I wonder if maybe you could adjust them through your photo editing program?