PDA

View Full Version : marvellous bargain easel UK

jackiesimmonds
07-30-2005, 06:47 PM
For Uk WC-ers - if you need a studio easel, but cannot afford those big expensive ones, look at this:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3740222#post3740222

Amazing bargain. J

khourianya
07-30-2005, 07:48 PM
That looks identical to the Best Deluxe Lobo I just ordered from Currys! It should be arriving this coming week so I'll let you know how I like it :)

HarvestMoon
07-30-2005, 08:10 PM
That is a beauty- and cannot believe the price- or how fast it was delivered! That is a great site-

I found this the other day- and wanted a w & n watercolor set- it was so beautiful, the people are very nice there- but have to wait to buy anything else:
http://www.discountart.co.uk
I wish I could just pop over there and do some shopping... of course, would really have to sit on the suitcase...

Khadres
07-31-2005, 12:22 AM
This is exactly like my Hamilton (also Winsor & Newton)! I love mine too! The thing I like about mine is that the whole paint plane can raise and lower almost into your lap if you want to use it similar to a drafting table or it can be upright like a standard easel or even flat like a watercolor one. Extremely versatile. I paid $98 for mine, not counting shipping.

LorraineG
07-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Definately a bargin. I have been using one of these easles for 5 years and it cost 150 then. It is great to work at sitting down, which is how I like to work!!. I highly recommend it. On my easle I have a very large wooden drawing board which has a lip at the bottom to rest the paper and the odd pastel stick on, for painting my pastel paintings. The shelf is great for storage also. I wouldn't trade mine for any other.

Lorraine

jackiesimmonds
08-04-2005, 08:38 AM
I used it for the first time today; and while working on a canvas, almost horizontal because I was POURING bright yellow liquid acrylic inks onto the surface, my kitten Khia jumped up right onto the painting.

Pandemonium reigned for the next 15 minutes.

I now have a blotchy yellow kitten, a blotchy yellow face (me), yellow arms, yellow sink, yellow footprints on my cream carpet; yellow towels, yellow telephone (!) yellow walls in my upstairs cloakroom, and also in the downstairs bathroom because the soap dispenser in the upstairs one would not work; and a very yellow splattered new easel.

One way to christen the easel, I suppose. Not the best way, tho.

J

LorraineG
08-04-2005, 09:30 AM
ooooppps....sorry Jackie, I couldn't help but smile when I read this....bless his little cotton socks.....or should I say yellow ones!!!!!

Khadres
08-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Hope you like yellow a LOT! It might be a good thing to shut the felines out of the room when wet colors are being used? Can't imagine how you'll ever get all that cleared up, but at least you got your exercise for the day?

khourianya
08-04-2005, 12:03 PM
lol...the mental image of that whole episode is priceless!

I got my easel like this a couple of days ago and am loving it!!! I haven't tilted it flat yet, but I am sure I am going to get so much use out of every angle it can go!