PDA

View Full Version : Help with Title - Boy on beach scene

Leslie Pz
07-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi all!
Have a couple of titles for this and can't make up my mind on which one...
"Summer Days"
"Summer's Wake"
"Last Waves of Youth"

Any way, here's the painting! Thanks for looking. All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated, for I'd like to try to sell this one on eBay. This is my first time painting the ocean and breaking waves!!!

Acrylic (of course) on 8x10 canvas
http://www.lesliepease.com/images/uploads05/summer-days.jpg
-Les

PS Reference photo:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jul-2005/16754-beach-ref.jpg :wave:

Wayne Gaudon
07-30-2005, 10:45 AM
very nice ..
September Can Wait

Meg Ilp
07-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Nice work. How about "Looking for the Plug"? When I was a kid, my dad would say that there was a plug (a "drain stopper") in the ocean, and if I found it and pulled on it, the whole ocean would go down the drain, like emptying a bath. One time we found a rope that was securely buried and he told me that was to pull the plug . . . I tried with all my might to unstop it, like trying to take out Excalibur when you're not the future King Arthur.

Leslie Pz
07-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Two great titles, guys! Thank you!!! LOL!

Meg Now that's a funny memory! LOL! How about Pulling all the plugs!!!!
:)

Thanks!
-Les

Lady Carol
07-30-2005, 11:19 AM
What about "The Tide of Life"?

This is wonderfully atmospheric and nostalgic.

AtrediesNT
07-30-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't know if you did it on purpose...but the waves look like Angels Wings.....
Proving that Children are all angels...sometimes we just don't see it..:)

SilverLady
07-30-2005, 12:18 PM
This is a wonderfully done painting. I love it.

SilverLady

decoratorgirl
07-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Just beautiful! Did you thick paint on this or lots of layers or what? Would like to more about your technique. And they DO look like angel wings- how cool!

jan409
07-30-2005, 01:30 PM
This picture is wonderful and the softness of it is so apparent. Giving this painting a name is hard. You have so many allready. Put them in a hat and draw one out. Jan

3chaway9
07-30-2005, 02:44 PM
It's a lovely painting Leslie......really nice.....congratulations.

krystakaye
07-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Beautiful! Your work is so stunning! I'm not great at titles, but "Summer Days" seems to be over done... Maybe something like "in the wake of youth" or "wake of youth".

Leslie Pz
07-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Wow, so many nice comments! Such great title ideas! Thank you Caroline, Jan, SilverLady and Carol

Agreed krystakaye, Summer Days is over done... Was also thinking of playing with the word "Wake"!

Didn't see the angle wings until after the comment -- WOW! AtrediesNT You're right!!!

decoratorgirl This was painted in many many layers. Started off with a good sketch. To keep the pencil from "Lifting", I gave the whole thing a wash of Raw Sienna. From there, just started working on the background, from the top and worked down. Worked on the child, last.

Don't want to bore you now, with too many details -- have written a couple of articles for WC which really go into the "method", better. Thanks for asking! Very flattering. :)

Again, THANK YOU EVERYONE! All your comments were so nice!
-Les

ColorsoftheRainbow
07-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Not sure about the title but I love, love, love this painting! Can i take that little guy home- he looks too cute! Mine are getting big and I miss the little ones :) Nothing like seeing the world thru the eyes of a child.

amaze_1101
07-31-2005, 01:25 AM
Beautiful work. Tells a lovely story. "Wet Feet" comes to mid for a title. Not fancy but simple.

Leslie Pz
07-31-2005, 11:59 AM
Thank you <b>Colors</b> and <b>Elaine</b>!
-Les