PDA

View Full Version : Simple website gallery suggestions.

RUNEMASTER
07-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Id like to make a simple website gallery, and I know how to use my wysiwyg software to do it, but my problem is im not a professional artist so do not know what to say about my history.

Seems everywhere I look people have a lot to say about their art background, but Im new to art(pastels at 42).

Just wondering if anyone can make suggestions on how I would approach the layout of a simple online gallery.I wouldnt know what to put in the "about me" section since Im a guy with no formal background in art or exhibitions.

Any help appreciated.

HarvestMoon
07-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Runemaster, I don't think you should worry so much about what to say about yourself- I would first concentrate on getting the technical issues sorted out- the server, the layout of the pictures, what you want to express about your pictures (the museum of bad art, while funny, shows some interesting commentary about each piece in the online gallery)... if you feel you must say something about your background, it does not have to be about art... for example, I would say that I obtained a degree in geology, was trained as a geophysicist, spent 6 years doing seismic exploration, 5 years teaching people worldwide about geological software, blah blah blah, and that I had always had an interest in art, since I was young, and have done art off and on most of my life in one form or another.... which is all true. I could say that traveling opened my eyes to fine art in international museums (although I had college classes in the history of art before that), or that I was able to get to know how people all around the world worked and lived, and loved the cultures from everywhere I went.. or that landscape, or whatever... If you want to say you are self taught, that is fine, if you want to leave it out, I don't see what is wrong with that either...

RUNEMASTER
07-29-2005, 10:50 PM
Hmm! Thanks.I can already use software to create thumbnails and i know how to use the website maker software.Just cannot seem to come up with a personal introductory styled page.

But youve stimulated my thought for sure purples.

Bringer
07-31-2005, 08:46 AM
Hi,

I use the Wetcanvas gallery manager, so my work can be seen at art-agent and also here. Of course that if you know HTML or have a webpage developping program you may do a site the way you want and not be stuck with what a certain site has to offer. I know that windows has Frontpage but never tried. and there's Dreamweaver and so on.
Anyway, if you want to see how my gallery got, just check my profile or go to http://www.art-agent.com. On the artists directory check the name Carrilho, Josť.
This will give you an idea. It's a simple thing.
However if you can do your own, I think that's awsome.

Regards,

Josť

RUNEMASTER
07-31-2005, 10:35 AM
Obligado!