PDA

View Full Version : From the mind.No references.

RUNEMASTER
07-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Id like to see art from the mind in pastel.Whithout any references. I posted a similar thread in the studio , but not many responses.

khourianya
07-29-2005, 09:18 PM
Deborah posted a great thread on it a while back...I'll see if I can fnd you a link.

edited to add: here it is: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224876

RUNEMASTER
07-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey thanks.Not to be disloyal, but are there any links to other pastel forums around. There seems to be a shortage of people here or something.I love the place , but would like more interaction.:)

Nice link.Like that gloomy looking guy the staved one.

khourianya
07-29-2005, 09:50 PM
lol - more interaction? This place is probably the busiest forum I've ever belonged to! I'm sure there are other forums out there but I can't say I've ever visited them...maybe someone else will know.

HarvestMoon
07-29-2005, 10:17 PM
I have not found any other forums, but have not looked either- that is a fabulous link- my gosh, these are some of the most stunning works I have seen !!! You guys throw those photos away for petes sake- you don't need them! Sooz- jeez- those are amazing- and I can not draw a straight line with a mouse.... deborah- beautiful- and SweetBabyJ- ALL of these were amazing...

scall0way
07-30-2005, 05:31 PM
I think Wetcanvas is one of the busiest places around! But I can't post here as I have no pictures done straight from my head. I'm still too much of a newbie to trust myself to do that. If I did it would probably be something really abstract, like the doodles I do on my pad at work when I'm in a boring meeting (which they mostly are!) :)

Debbie C.

Khadres
07-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Something that's fun to do is to just put down some color shapes...let 'em shape themselves almost...fill up the surface area and then right brain yourself until you "see" something emerge from the seeming chaos you've created. That is exactly how I did the Sunfish one on the website. Was having fun making gold kinda "glow" and before I knew it, there she was with her hair floating around her head...FUN exercise!

RUNEMASTER
07-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Yes Nice ideas.