PDA

View Full Version : Red-Eyed Tree Frog

kitaye
01-06-2002, 02:17 PM
This is a postcard sized piece that I did several months ago. It was drawn using Micron Archival pens and FW Acrylic Artists Ink washes for the colour. The images was based on a photogragh in a book on Frogs.

sassybird
01-06-2002, 05:05 PM
Tree frogs make great subjects for this kind of bold drawing. I have done several of them over the years. You can really let your imagination go when painting them. That one eye seems to just stare right through me. I believe I would have changed the background color though since it is so near the color of the frog. Maybe muted gray greens or even blue greens in different values. That is the only critique I can offer on this one. I bet you had a good time doing this little piece:D

dnip24
01-06-2002, 06:05 PM
looks excellent! Good job!

kitaye
01-06-2002, 06:32 PM
Hmm. Never thought about changing the background colours. I had intended on leaving the background white but I didn't like it that way. The yellow green was kind of a last minute addition based on my working colours. Yes, I did have fun doing this one. Thanks

NorahT
01-06-2002, 09:48 PM
I love it! A great composition, subject, and colours. I kind of like the green background - frogs seem to stay in and around places that camoflage them :)

RuthT
01-07-2002, 09:34 AM
A great little frog !

I like the shadow on the leaf too. :)

els
01-07-2002, 12:57 PM
Interesting painting and interesting technique...