PDA

View Full Version : RuthT beautiful swans

woodsyl
01-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Hi RuthT,

I just noticed your tinyhead picture - is this your art work? It looks beautiful. Is there somewhere that I can see it close up?

I have always wanted to paint two swans close up, with beautiful water and relfections. I am searching for just the right picture, and now with my new Christmas digital camera, I may get lucky.

Happy New Year,
Sylvie

RuthT
01-07-2002, 09:19 AM
Hi Sylvie,

Thank you for liking my swans. :)

My reference was an ad for White Swan papers products, but I did it about 10 years ago and they do not use the same ad now. It is a Canadian company so you might be able to see it at the library in a Canadian magazine of around 1991-2.

The original was of a swan and her 3 cygnets.

I painted it by eye, and not with a grid or tracing. It did not turn out that well, in fact the two little cygnets were the best part of it.

I'm nervous about copyright restrictions so I won't post the whole painting, but I will try to post an enlargement of my tinyhead.

They are beautiful creatures, and I hope you have fun painting them.

Hope this helps. :)

woodsyl
01-07-2002, 12:25 PM
Thank you Ruth!

That is really helpful. They are lovely. I especially love the colours and the reflections.

This is not something I will tackle for a little while, as I have to build up to something like that. I will paint it in my mind for awhile, though.

Sylvie

RuthT
01-07-2002, 12:51 PM
Glad to be of help Sylvie. :)

I too paint in my mind sometimes before I tackle a subject. In fact, I've had something in mind for about 6 months. I've tried it a couple of times but it's not quite what I want, so am back to thinking. :D