PDA

View Full Version : In A World of Her Own

Lulu
07-26-2005, 06:22 AM
20 x 20 inches on canvas.

Have been wanting to try something on black for a while.
C& C welcome.
Thanks for looking.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jul-2005/1118-violin226July1ab.jpg

3chaway9
07-26-2005, 07:14 AM
Great Lulu.....(knew it would be before i opened) what a brilliant concept....you just get better...did you texture this first? can't really see.

Wayne Gaudon
07-26-2005, 08:15 AM
I think the light should not be on the back end of the fiddle, just the front end .. if that back end has all that light then the face would also catch light. I think it would work better if the face were like the hand .. one or two strokes .. either light if the end of the instrument is light or dark if the end is dark :D and I would think darkness should prevail so the back end of the fiddle should be in shadow.

:D But as an artist, perhaps you are not interested in the reality of the moment :D and if not then my suggestion is dust in the wind. :D because with art, it's all about what the artist want's to protray.

jan409
07-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Very stunning. Jan

Lulu
07-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks Caroline. Yes, it was textured with gesso first.
Next thing I buy is black gesso, so I don't have to use so much black paint.

Thanks Wayne. Always look forward to what you have to say - you make me think more about what I do and what I want to achieve:D You're right, I don't want to depict reality, but you've made good points.

Thanks too Jan.

Bertoni
07-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Lulu:
What a great start! Hope you post the finish! The black gives it a very dramatic look!!!!
Have wanted to try something against black gesso, but haven't had a chance yet.

Lulu
07-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Bertoni - thanks! Erm...........it IS finished:D

Freestyler
07-26-2005, 06:30 PM
I like this Lulu - if it wasn't posted in the Acrylics forum, I would have thought you had done this in pastels on black paper. It's very striking. :)

Karen

Faded
07-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Ethereal and ghostly. Great piece Lulu
-Faded

Dhuot
07-26-2005, 08:45 PM
I too thought it wasn't finished.......oups :)

The pose is nice
The yellow gold colour awsome:)
17th century dutch

Nitsa
07-26-2005, 09:10 PM
Oh Lulu....This is just beautiful. I love your colour choices...Oh it's just gorgeous, my heart sang when it popped up on my screen and then a yearning......Just a hint of facial features...Just a glimmer...

What can I say?.....It's been emotional!

Thankyou!

Lulu
07-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Karen, thank you. I'm so pleased you thought it was pastel. When I started painting my very first medium was pastel, and I still love it. I scumbled the acrylic to give it that effect.

Faded, thank you too.

Daniel, I don't mind that you thought it unfinished too:) I just have a thing about feature-less faces. Thanks for your comments.

Anita - well what can I say - I am very humbled by your reaction to the painting.
If I had your skill I would try a hint of features............. but the moment has passed, and I very much paint 'in the moment' if you know what i mean. (which is why I often take suggestions into future paintings).
But having said that, never say never, your plea moves me too:)

Nitsa
07-27-2005, 09:52 PM
and I very much paint 'in the moment' if you know what i mean.

Oh I so do!

Lulu I like how this painting leaves me yearning for something more. I'm left wondering what she looks like, wanting to know her, to grab just a peek...It makes me "feel" so many emotions and I adore that in a painting...

...I wouldn't change a thing! ;)

Lulu
07-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Ahhhh, I see what you mean Anita. Thanks for that!
Have already called it finished and sprayed it:)

krystakaye
07-28-2005, 02:37 AM
Lulu, what can I say...STRIKING...no, that has been used...BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, LOVELY, MOVING, INSPIRATIONAL, BOLD.... you can hear the strings being played- as always, Im jealous of your talent!!!!

Lulu
07-28-2005, 04:35 AM
Thank you for looking and for all those lovely words Krysta:)

Lady_Morgana
07-28-2005, 05:05 AM
Hi Lulu,

Don't know why, but this painting rings a bell in my mind somewhere far in the distance. It reminds me of something long gone. I do not know what or why. I like it very much, it suggests something without showing to much and i can hear the violin playing somehow when i look at it. Really wonderful painting.

Blessings

Morgana

Lulu
07-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Morgana, thank you for telling me how my painting strikes a chord with you, it's always interesting to know exactly why and how others react to one's work.
Blessings to you too:)

gaykir
07-28-2005, 02:31 PM
I think it's stunning. I have been having a great time recently doing muscians on black. I still have a drummer to do to complete the Jazz trio....It would be fun to see some more folks try the idea.